.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2004, 07:44 AM   #41
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyle
well...i don't agree with cash on this one...i actually think it's all your fault...and you might have had a chance at happiness with this guy....now you'll never know..

I agree, it is my fault and I have no one to blame but myself. Believe me I'm kicking myself in the butt for that one.
Old 03-25-2004, 07:56 AM   #42
cashizslick

Quote:
Originally posted by Whiteclipse99
I agree, it is my fault and I have no one to blame but myself. Believe me I'm kicking myself in the butt for that one.

You cannot kick yourself for things that didnt go your way in the past - if you do, then how on earth will you ever move forward in life?

If it was MEANT to be, then either you would have called him, or he would have called you . . . . . . . but, since that has not happened, you cannot and should not let this get you down.

Just move on and have a good time. The next time you see him out, smile and say hi - then walk away.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:56 AM   #43
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

^^^ Thanks....even though it was my own fault, you make me feel a little better.
Old 03-25-2004, 07:34 PM   #44
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Just to clarify...nothing out there is meant to be. There are only those things that you make happen. A girl came into my work the other day and wanted a book for a nursing exam. While I'm getting it for her she starts telling me that god told her that she was supposed to apply at UMKC (local college) but once she found out she could afford it that god led her to KU. Now...I don't know if she's just a moron or if she can't accept any of her own responsibility, but it was all I could do to keep from smacking her. The moral: Don't ever rely on things to be predetermined. The fact that you didn't call him tells me that it wasn't a top priority for you in the first place. If it was, you would have called no matter how nervous or whatever you were. So simply take solice in knowing you didn't want it as bad as you thought you did.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 10:25 PM   #45
cashizslick

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
Don't ever rely on things to be predetermined. The fact that you didn't call him tells me that it wasn't a top priority for you in the first place. If it was, you would have called no matter how nervous or whatever you were. So simply take solice in knowing you didn't want it as bad as you thought you did.

Maybe she was predetermined NOT to call him [works both ways].

Just cause something doesnt go your way doesnt mean that things are not predetermined - fate's not exactly your friend in life you know. . .
Old 03-26-2004, 10:06 AM   #46
SolPol

Ain't no mystical force that controls me pal

I paraphrase of course.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:53 AM   #47
Jessy

I don't think any of us have the right to take someone's relationship with god and critique it, no matter how silly it may seem to us. Usually if a person has a faith to speak of, they have a few thoughts and beliefs about predestination.
I'm not sure if I agree with what that girl buying her book said but I guess I'd just nod and smile. I mean, what do you say to that?!

as as for her not calling him...maybe it will work out better for her that way. maybe she'll be single to meet the man of her dreams or something, i don't know. that's the thing...NONE of us know.
all i can say is that life is short and regret is a waste of time. she didn't call him, it's over and done. time to move on.
Old 03-26-2004, 01:17 PM   #48
SolPol

To paraphrase another movie, Van Wilder this time:

Regret is like a rocking chair, it may give ya something to do for a while, but it doesn't get you anywhere
Old 03-26-2004, 01:19 PM   #49
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by SolPol
To paraphrase another movie, Van Wilder this time:

Regret is like a rocking chair, it may give ya something to do for a while, but it doesn't get you anywhere

I love that movie!! A lot of good lines in that one.
Old 03-26-2004, 01:32 PM   #50
SolPol

And the grossest scene ever.

I don't think I've eaten an eclair since I saw that movie. And I saw it in the theater.
Old 03-26-2004, 05:47 PM   #51
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Jessy
I don't think any of us have the right to take someone's relationship with god and critique it, no matter how silly it may seem to us. Usually if a person has a faith to speak of, they have a few thoughts and beliefs about predestination.
I'm not sure if I agree with what that girl buying her book said but I guess I'd just nod and smile. I mean, what do you say to that?!

Everyone has the right to critique anything they want...it's actually the very first point of the constitution. If you mean morally...I still disagree. I can talk all the shit I want about that girl or any other persons like her and they can do the same about me and as long as no one lies it's all good. In my eyes her ideals were absolutely ridiculous and people who act like that lack any sense of personal responsibility. Everything happens because "god" wants it to and not because of anything they did or did not do. It's just fucking sad. I mean damnit...own up to something for a change. But that's way OT.

Cash...I suppose you're right...those who believe in fate know it ain't always your friend. It's a double edged sword but, again, looking at it that way strips you of any personal accountability. Whether it's fate or "god" you attribute things to, it's still all dependent on your own actions or inactions.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 10:21 AM   #52
biker's back

If it took you this long to give me a call I'd think it takes you along time to make choices and I wouldnt be up for waiting another month after the first phone call to go out on a date. I wouldn't btoher calling him, I'd move faster with the next one.