.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Body Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2003, 10:58 AM   #1
Sol's Eye

Got my paint code, now where do I get it?

I finally found the paint color I want to paint my car. But now I just need a place to buy it. I would like to find an online store where I could just plug in the code and order it. Anyone know of such a site? Or another way to order it? If I go to a local automotive store, will they be able to order factory colors from other cars?
Old 01-29-2003, 02:59 AM   #2
myself_included

Re: Got my paint code, now where do I get it?

Quote:
Originally posted by Sol's Eye
If I go to a local automotive store, will they be able to order factory colors from other cars?
If you have the color code, yes.
Old 01-30-2003, 12:00 AM   #3
Sol's Eye

I went to our local car shop and they can mix the paint. I will probably go to a Nissan dealership first to see if I can get a paint sample to make sure it is the right color before I order it, though.
Old 01-30-2003, 02:04 AM   #4
myself_included

oooo, be careful with them mixing the paint, it's hard to get the exact color when they have to mix it.
Old 01-30-2003, 11:26 AM   #5
Sol's Eye

Quote:
Originally posted by myself_included
oooo, be careful with them mixing the paint, it's hard to get the exact color when they have to mix it.

Would it be better to just see if I can have the Nissan dealership order it? I was kind of afraid of that. That's why I was going to get samples from them and the dealership to make sure it is right.
Old 01-30-2003, 02:52 PM   #6
myself_included

Quote:
Originally posted by Sol's Eye
Would it be better to just see if I can have the Nissan dealership order it? I was kind of afraid of that. That's why I was going to get samples from them and the dealership to make sure it is right.
Yeah, it would be much better to order the exact color from dealership. I've seen so many people go to a paint store and have them mix the color and once it got sprayed on it didn't match the rest of the car's original color. :o
Old 01-30-2003, 04:22 PM   #7
Sol's Eye

The only problem is that there isn't a Nissan dealership here in town, so I have some family in a town with a dealership checking on prices and availability from the dealership. After the guys at the local shop told me 50 times that they couldn't make the paint, and then all of a sudden said, "oh wait. yeah we can." I kind of figured they may not be the best place to get it from. Thanks for the help.
Old 02-11-2003, 05:02 PM   #8
Shot 2 Hel

might not wanna buy it from a dealer if you can help it, they will charge an ass load for it.