Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2003, 03:04 AM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Sweet f@*king christ make it stop!

Ok...I know I've posted here before about my hatred for Hi-Rev Tuners...but they've reached a new low. I just saw them bragging about their new motor swap into a Civic hatch (hey...it's 2:30am on Monday morning...what else am I gonna watch?). Apparently they're proud that they swapped the motor out for another motor (the didn't mention which designation it was) that makes 140hp. Now...I know imprts aren't known for insanely high horsepower stock...but they made this thing sound like it would be a beast. I'm so f@cking sick of these god damned douche bags talking up every part they install like it's gonna make the car run 9s and then having to watch some Pep Boys commercial with that dumbass hispanic guy from the first F&F (I'm sorry...the only time "big bore" should be used is in reference to an engine...not your gay ass exhaust) or that lame ass commercial with the two ***got brothers argueing over everything and then agreeing on K&N. I'm sorry...but I know if they were butchering Mustangs or Camaros like this people would be writing emails and letters like crazy. So how bout it? I urge you all to send the Speed Channel emails and whatnot telling them you'll boycott shitty APC and Pep Boys products until they stop giving you guys a bad name. I know all import owners aren't like these dickheads...but I can't say other domestic guys are so enlightened.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 03:49 AM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

I'm with you on this one. That K&N commercial is the worst.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 07:37 AM   #3
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

Man i thought that show was off the air now!? oh god! Wat time does it come on anymore? I really hoped they got rid of it but i guesss my luck ran out. Oh by the way on saturday they was some indian dude on Speed Vision that was talkin about old cars and guess wat he had to bring up. The RICEROCKETS!!! i wanted to punch the tv when i heard him say that.
Old 11-24-2003, 09:14 AM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

yo pep boys has every performance part available: cf hood, altezza tailights, aluminum wing, stickers, l.e.d mirrors. (as per pep boys commercial) and needless to say each and every one of them add 50rwhp on that rsx

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 09:20 AM   #5
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

hmm.. Never even seen the show. Sounds pretty lame though.
Old 11-24-2003, 09:22 AM   #6
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

ive seen that one...they remove the d15 for a b16...it is a big jump in power
But I will give them credit for doing the swap...hell its 1billion times more complicated then adding "awesome altezza taillights"
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 01:30 PM   #7
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

shut your mouth. my b16 is cool, but hte USDM ones can pick their teeth with my cock (not indicator of size)
Old 11-24-2003, 03:50 PM   #8
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaved &/or Laid
my b16 is cool, but hte USDM ones can pick their teeth with my cock (not indicator of size)

You need therapy
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 06:03 PM   #9
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
ive seen that one...they remove the d15 for a b16...it is a big jump in power. But I will give them credit for doing the swap...hell its 1billion times more complicated then adding "awesome altezza taillights"

Your definition of "big jump" and mine don't necessarily match. 40hp or so isn't shit for a motor swap. Hell...when my car was stock I could've gotten that from a head swap. When I yanked my modded stock motor it made about 250hp or so. The new one made around 400hp. That's a "big jump". But you're right...at least it's not Altezzas or APC's newest and gayest tail light conversion kit. My beef is that they're like the "Shadetree Mechanic" guys...they start a project and then skip 30 steps, show a little more, skip 20 CRUCIAL steps, then show the finished product and make it look like a piece of cake. F@ck 'em.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 07:01 PM   #10
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
My beef is that they're like the "Shadetree Mechanic" guys...they start a project and then skip 30 steps, show a little more, skip 20 CRUCIAL steps, then show the finished product and make it look like a piece of cake. F@ck 'em.

Exactly. Someone watching the show would never learn enough to do the swap themselves.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 08:15 PM   #11
Shot 2 Hel

i dont think i have ever finished a single episode of that show
Old 11-25-2003, 01:27 AM   #12
mylittlecivic

dumbasses

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 02:27 AM   #13
HndaTch627

the best was when they putt he Zex Ultralightweight flywheel on the motor and it was going to be turbocharged...um yeah boys that's a big no no.

those guys gave every import owner/builder a bad name, they did nothing that thousands of do-it-yourselfers haven't been doing for over 10 years now, they are WAY behind the times. the show shoudl have never hit the air, they talked about how much HP cars made and how fast they were but yet they only showed the 4 12" subs in the trunk

stupid ass show
Old 11-25-2003, 05:20 PM   #14
CD5Passion

sounds gay, I will never watch it, I'm up for bannning APC, pepboys just went out of business in my city
Old 11-26-2003, 12:39 PM   #15
HndaTch627

i don't mind pep boys, i used to work for them, but i stopped in the store the other week to see if they had a fuel pump for my truck(78 Chevy K20 w/ a 4inch lift) and they no longer stock a damn mechanical fuel pump for my truck, but they have those neat little scooters maybe those are for all the cars they don't know how to fix anymore or to distract you from the fact that they used to be an automotive parts supply store and a damn good one.
Old 11-26-2003, 01:13 PM   #16
pbateson

APC 是最坏在历史上。
Old 11-26-2003, 04:06 PM   #17
thermal
Banning Machine

I wrote to Speed channel before back when it was still Speedvision about that show. My email was something to this effect:
"Hi-rev tuners needs a lot of improvement. It needs to have more technical aspects rather than showing off a $10000 worth of stereo components (in one car) that will not do anything but slow down the car due to the amount of weight to allow for mounting and installation. In the real world, I do not see anybody dropping in that much money in an audio/video set-up anyway, unless sponsorship is involved. I understand that not everybody is uniformed on level of knowledge, however it should be split! You need more technical subjects! Renewing an oil, installing street glows, installing projector head lights, nor upgrading to bigger size rims/tires are not technical. I must admit that the biggest reason that I watch your show these days is in hopes of maybe incorporating some decent techs and seeing 1/4 miles numbers on imports. Other than that, the blonde girl is entertaining to watch but she really has no clue what she is talking about."

Never got a reply.....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 05:58 PM   #18
Civickid0to60

ok i read somewhere, that those guys dont even do the swaps...which is obvious they just got two dudes off the street. But anyway, I heard when they did a swap of a b16 to a b18 it took them 3 days.......my friend did it in his friend andy's hatch in 2 1/2 hours....i hate that show.
Old 11-28-2003, 02:32 AM   #19
HndaTch627

it takes about one full day to do a swap start to finish, that's all, it took them like 3 shows
Old 11-28-2003, 06:48 AM   #20
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

there is this show on spike tv (old TNN) about cars. they are far more technical than the high rev tuners, and once showed how to drop a mustang. they tore up the balljoints boots but never bothered to replace them

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote