::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2004, 06:32 PM   #1
JDMFantasy2k

Hey thermal i got a question

Hey thermal, got a question for ya, or anyone else for that matter. You said you're runnin you ex with a greddy turbo kit @ 10 psi. Is that on stock internals? I heard anything over 8 on stock internals isn't good. Also how is the drivability and does it take long to spool?
Old 04-09-2004, 09:08 PM   #2
thermal
Banning Machine

Stock internals brotha'. The key is fuel management. Do not use an FMU. Use the GReddy e-manage but get it DYNO tuned. Get bigger injectors too. The GReddy 6th gen civic SOHC turbo kits comes standard with the GReddy e-manage. Instead of getting a GReddy profec-b spec II boost controller, get a Profec-e01 boost controller since this unit can manipulate the GReddy e-manage. Granted you will need to get the rest of the data logging gadgets. Any Honda GReddy turbo (made by mitsubishi) are all quick spool. I'm fully boosted by 5k RPM. On race days, I dont shift until about 6500 RPM to keep the boost max. These bitches move man! No I/H/E cam gear combo will beat the amount of power and torque that these kits can put out. The drivabilty is amazing. I can even keep my engine on vacuum state (not boost) all the way up to 85 MPH........

Go to my website to get my complete set-up....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 10:26 PM   #3
JDMFantasy2k

so what kind of figures do you get when you strap it to the dyno?
Old 04-09-2004, 10:33 PM   #4
sohc_vtec 2NR

as long as the car its dyno tuned, the car can handle up to 13...that's the highest i've seen so far on stock internals at least.

just to add to you question about drivability, my boosted Y8 is a blast to drive!! i'm running stock psi (5.5) non-intercooled with the greddy evo and it spools real quick! i can't give you an exact RPM since i don't have a boost gauge, but load the turbo and you can definitely feel the torque increase.

and another thing... in 1st gear @ about 6000 RPM my tires break loose!! i can't imagine what it'll be like when i turn it up to 8 psi...
Old 04-10-2004, 10:09 AM   #5
thermal
Banning Machine

Untuned on the VAFC hack with 450cc DSM injectors, I dynoed 166 whp and 175 torque. This is running super rich...untuned. I know I can hit 200 whp easily at 10 psi tuned...

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 11:04 AM   #6
Sivik

I'm boosting 7 psi daily now on mine with the Greddy kit. as soon as i get my fuel pump im bumping up to 10 psi. d16's are underrated as far as strength of internals. they can't handle above 20 psi, but then again greddy turbo can't push 20 psi. i've seen ppl run a bar (14.7 psi) daily on the d16. it all depends on the magic word TUNING! take your time do it right. invest money into your fuel setup and you'd be suprised to see what you can do. AFC hack is the cheap way to get a better fuel setup, but the best way is standalone and get it tuned.

as far as numbers, i have no idea. i'll be dynoing mine at 10 psi when i get my fuel pump and new exhaust. i know a guy over on the turbod16.com boards put 204 whp @ 6 psi with the edelbrock kit but thats a lil insane.

My Car

My Car is for sale
Sivik is offline   Reply With Quote