::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2003, 04:31 AM   #1
accord98lx

smoke tails

I saw a 6th gen accord like mines the other day. It had a black taillights. It sure as hell wasnt altezzas because it didnt had the big red circle in the taillights. Im pretty sure its a stock taillight. I think he might of smoked it or tint it? How do u do this??

do u literally just use a match and smoke the taillights? WIll the brake light/signal lights be able to penetrate through the smoke???!?! If I do smoke it..will the plastic melt??how do u do this?!!! it looks way better then altezza!!!
Old 07-22-2003, 02:28 PM   #2
rakugaki

hi ho! hmmm, maybe he had one of those GTS tail-light covers. This manufacturer makes tinted covers for different vehicles tail and head lights. It's like a dark plastic cover that goes over the tail lights giving it that all black look and the light is still visible (sorta).
Old 07-22-2003, 03:06 PM   #3
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

I have sprayed the inside chrome of the taillight where the bulbs go into (taken apart) with a glossy black. It looked darker on the outside but didn't effect the brightness much.
Old 07-23-2003, 07:17 PM   #4
vtracer20

I tinted my stock 94 accord ones....it was pretty easy but if u mess up u better be using spray that u cant take off, unlike me, i made my right ones slightly darker (not noticable unless you really look up close) and i tried everything to get the stuff off...i used this tint spray and a clear cloat....i put like 3 coats of each an dit came out awsome....you cant tell thier stock but the lights are on you can see the lights through the tint...