.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2003, 05:58 PM   #81
Wren57

Hmm well I used to live on an island that was formed when lots of sediment built up over an old shipwreck. Very often my stepdad would be watching TV and would see the ghost of an old sailor walking up and down the stairs. Sometimes he would stop to look out the window on the platform where the stairs turn around. One time he walked right past my stepdad, not even looking at him.

One summer, while I was too young to work but too old to be brought to work or camp, I stayed home most of the summer and learned HTML code (nerd alert). Anyways, most afternoons I would wander downstairs to cook some hotdogs for lunch. Around 1 or 2 in the afternoon if I was upstairs, I would hear pots clinging around downstairs as if I were cooking.

Same house... my great-grandmother had died a few years previous and my mom had been really upset about it for some time. One night in her sleep, my great-grandmother came to my mom, sat on the side of the bed waking my mom. She then grabbed my mom's hand and told her it was OK, she is at a better place now and shouldn't worry any more. Then my great-grandmother smiled, stood up, walked away and vanished. Freaky.

*Edit* Almost forgot... another story about my great-grandmother. We had a huge portrait of her hanging on the wall in an amazing gold antique frame above our dining table, which used to belong to her. A large set of fine china was in the middle of the table. My parents were in the other room talking about my great-grandmother when all of the sudden the portrait flew off the wall and smashed all the china. Guess she didn't like it.

More stories... this one happened to one of my teachers. One night, he dreamt that his house went up in flames. A demon appeared and tried to coax him to become evil. Resisting temptation, the demon began physically fighting with him. The two fought all throughout the house, breaking furniture and running into walls. My teacher woke up, standing in the middle of the living room drenched in sweat with broken furniture all over...

Last edited by Wren57 : 10-31-2003 at 06:02 PM.
Wren57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 08:34 PM   #82
pbateson

In Malaga the rent house, I fall asleep in the midnight. At 5am the door is open by a ghost! Later, I woke up at 9am the door was open, and "OH MY GOD! THE DOOR IS OPEN!". Probaraly IS my grandfather. I talk to my brother why the door is open in 5am. He doesn't know what he think about the door open.
Old 10-31-2003, 11:02 PM   #83
95DX
2nd Gear

Something else with me its more wierd then anything but I have a rocking chair that used to belong to my dads dad when he was alive in my room well there have been a few times when I would be home alone with only the 3 cats I have and I would have one of them laying in my lap while I'd be watching tv well there have been several times where I'd look/paying attention at the cat usually during comertials(sp?) that they would be staring over my left sholder like someone was standing there but theres not really enough space between the chair and the wall for someone to be there and I'd never see anyone/thing

I have also noticed a few times that the cat would appear to see something off to the left of the chair (which is closest to the door) she would be staring strait out at the door which would have been about the right height for a dog I used to have

when ever I've seen her/them do it it always makes me wonder if it was one of them
95DX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 01:55 PM   #84
thermal
Banning Machine

time to bring this up again for the upcoming Halloween....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 01:19 AM   #85
RxGoaT13
4th Gear

okay i have a couple stories,these are 100% true.
i remember one time when me and my friend were at his house.We were in his back yard,we wanted to play with his ouija board so we sat it on his porch and tryed to used it.nothing was happening and after awhile we got more and more frustrated.finally my friend gets pissed and picks up the board and slams it on the ground and starts stomping on it and cursing at it.then we both look over and there is a dead crow laying about 3 ft away from where i was sitting.trust me i would have noticed if i was going to sit right next to a dead crow.so we got freaked out and ran out his side gate we looked and his front door was open and my friend had shut it and locked it when i came over.Noone was in the house.

next story,One night i was staying the night over my friends house (same friend as last story) and his mom worked until about midnight.so we stayed up and waited tell his mom got home and then we went to his room.we were playing video games and his mom went to bed.we got tired and we were going to go to bed also i layed on his futon and he layed on this matress thing, it was all black in his room then all of a sudden light came through the gap between his door and the ground.we both sat up,we heard footstep walking up and down his stairs for like 15 minutes. then we heard voices down stairs, like about 10 people all talking at once,we just sat there.we were to scared to go outside the room.we were whispering to each other like,what the fuck is going on? and that cant be my mother running up and down the stairs.finally as quickly as it happened it stopped and the room was all black agian and we just went to sleep.the next morning he asked his mom if she had turned on the lights started walking up and down the stairs and had about 10 guest over,she said no she didnt get up at all last night and didnt hear anything.

those are about the only strange things i can remember. I was in 7th grade at the time.
RxGoaT13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 02:12 AM   #86
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

The resurrection of this thread is a ghost story in itself. Frankenthread!

Anyhow...I've got one. A friend and I were traveling around in the sticks a while back. We used to just drive around and flog his car and just see what was out there. One night we came up on this old abandoned house. It didn't have a front door and all of the windows were busted out. So we figure we'll take a look around the inside. It was weird...it was obvious the house had been vacant for years...probably decades, but everything on the inside was like someone had just up and left. Most of the furniture was there, a few paintings and misc. things were still there too. The stove in the kitchen was a potbelly stove so it was obvious the house was seriously old. The weird thing was that in the kitchen there was a door that went nowhere. It sat on a wall that faced straight into the living room on it's opposite side. There was literally nowhere this door could have led, yet it still had a frame and hinges and everything. Neither of us were about to open it. There was also a small room off to the side of the living room that was full of a bunch of old farming/old auto parts as well as some farming clothes (old heavy duty work gloves, coveralls, etc...all in perfect but dusty condition) but there was no sign of the place ever having been a farm. Then there were the pictures that were taken. After we went back to the car my friend took a couple pictures. Everything around the house came out just fine but the house itself was just sort of a misty blur. This wasn't just one picture, either. He took 4 pics from slightly different angles and all came out the same. I'll email him and see if he still has them (this was before digital cameras were so popular and cheap, so who knows).

Good ghost stories and great pics...go to http://www.ghoststudy.com
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 12:06 AM   #87
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Bump for Halloween.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 11-02-2004, 07:10 PM   #88
MissJDM

I haven't been here in dayssss..and whattaya know? This is one mof my favoritest threads! =]

Although, I don't have stories.

And if I did, it'd suck because I suck at telling stories.

you say it best when you say nothing at all
MissJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 07:44 PM   #89
thermal
Banning Machine

It is Haloween... so time to bring this up again... enjoy

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 10-31-2006, 07:48 PM   #90
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

OMGLOLWTF!!!

Back from the dead after 2 years. Muthafuckin' Frankenthread.

(And Arnel...PM me for movie suggestions)

Old 11-01-2006, 02:10 AM   #91
dabouncerx24

About the only respectable tradition left in this place..eh..but what would I know.

Good stories Arnel! It seems that fuck had to be censored back then...fuck?

I don't have any personal experiences to add to this, but an interesting note is that my maternal family doesn't seem to have any fear for this stuff. They grew up in rural China in the near mid-20th century in the shittiest places. It seems like they're so used to seeing these things growing up...

Here is a good one:

This is one about my mom's little brother. He was about 6 or 7, being the brat that he was, he ran around on the roof playing, tripped, and fell down. From the roof to the ground was at least 8-10 feet. Suddenly he felt like he was in no pain, and he saw an old women right beside him, saying "go back in, go back in," referring to his body. He did, then he became conscious and could control his own body again, but in LOTS of pain.

Actually, I remember one that I experienced. This takes place 6 years ago, it was my first visit back to China since I immigrated here. I was walking on the street with a few of my cousins, the street was pretty much empty, with a few buildings scattered around (with lights on). We were walking back to our car, all of us were standing outside the car, when suddenly I tilted my head just a little and saw about a 5' old woman about 6 inches in front of me. She stuck out her hand and slightly moves her palm a few times, as if she was for money. At first I thought she was a bum, so I just shook my head and turned around. I asked one of my cousins if he saw her, then he just looked at me weird. Then I turned my head back into the woman's direction, she was no where in site. Mind you, from the moment I turned away from the woman to talk to my cousin and turned back, it was about 9 seconds, if not less. Once the car got going, I just kept looking all over the block, she was no where.

Well, that's all. Sucks that I couldn't finish the post before Halloween was over (started typing at like 11:57), but whatever, there is always next year for Arnel to dig this back up.
dabouncerx24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:12 AM   #92
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

YAY! It's back for another year! woohooo. lol
Old 11-01-2006, 02:19 PM   #93
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT40FIED
OMGLOLWTF!!!

Back from the dead after 2 years. Muthafuckin' Frankenthread.

(And Arnel...PM me for movie suggestions)
Holy crap. I check my e-mail today and see a link to this thread. Nice to see you're still alive.

I pretty much forgot about this place. Spend way too much time at vwvortex.

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:51 PM   #94
thermal
Banning Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabouncerx24
About the only respectable tradition left in this place..eh..but what would I know.

Good stories Arnel! It seems that fuck had to be censored back then...fuck?

I don't have any personal experiences to add to this, but an interesting note is that my maternal family doesn't seem to have any fear for this stuff. They grew up in rural China in the near mid-20th century in the shittiest places. It seems like they're so used to seeing these things growing up...

Here is a good one:

This is one about my mom's little brother. He was about 6 or 7, being the brat that he was, he ran around on the roof playing, tripped, and fell down. From the roof to the ground was at least 8-10 feet. Suddenly he felt like he was in no pain, and he saw an old women right beside him, saying "go back in, go back in," referring to his body. He did, then he became conscious and could control his own body again, but in LOTS of pain.

Actually, I remember one that I experienced. This takes place 6 years ago, it was my first visit back to China since I immigrated here. I was walking on the street with a few of my cousins, the street was pretty much empty, with a few buildings scattered around (with lights on). We were walking back to our car, all of us were standing outside the car, when suddenly I tilted my head just a little and saw about a 5' old woman about 6 inches in front of me. She stuck out her hand and slightly moves her palm a few times, as if she was for money. At first I thought she was a bum, so I just shook my head and turned around. I asked one of my cousins if he saw her, then he just looked at me weird. Then I turned my head back into the woman's direction, she was no where in site. Mind you, from the moment I turned away from the woman to talk to my cousin and turned back, it was about 9 seconds, if not less. Once the car got going, I just kept looking all over the block, she was no where.

Well, that's all. Sucks that I couldn't finish the post before Halloween was over (started typing at like 11:57), but whatever, there is always next year for Arnel to dig this back up.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum