::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2005, 11:41 PM   #1
Wren57

What I've been workin on... changin up the audio system

Finally got around to building my box and amp rack...

Box worked out to be .65ft3 for a 10" sub

On the amp rack will be a JL 500/1 and JL 300/4 facing each other, carpeted, wires running 90degree turns staight down under amp rack (barely visible)

Covered with 1/2" plexiglass, red neon tube in rear (hidden from view)

Farenheit screen in dash, modded xbox in glove with the xbox tray under my alpine unit in the dash and box in stock bose location (thats gonna be a PITA)

2 logitech wireless controllers

What ya think so far?

A few pics
Old 06-23-2005, 12:29 AM   #2
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Looks good so far...keep us updated

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 12:40 AM   #3
AzCivic

nice
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:43 PM   #4
Grip72

man i wish i inherited my wheels
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 12:09 AM   #5
Wren57

wtf does that mean?

Would you like for me to apologize for my parents and grandparents working hard all their lives so they can provide the next generation with nicer things than they had? Would you like for me to apologize for having a 40hr/week job since I was 13 (worked 5-10 hours/week during school). Perhaps you'd like me to apologize for your family being lazy (and or too stupid) to make it better for the next generation? How about you stop being a prick and do something about it (get a good education/job)... asshole.

Last edited by Wren57 : 06-24-2005 at 12:28 AM.
Wren57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 02:30 AM   #6
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by highlander
Perhaps you'd like me to apologize for your family being lazy (and or too stupid) to make it better for the next generation? How about you stop being a prick and do something about it (get a good education/job)... asshole.

Wow. How...uncalled for.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 04:15 AM   #7
AkimboStylee

not really i feel the same way about it. just because someone has something that has more of a value than you (not pointing any fingers at all) doesn't mean they didn't work for it
Old 06-24-2005, 05:29 AM   #8
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by AkimboStylee
not really i feel the same way about it. just because someone has something that has more of a value than you (not pointing any fingers at all) doesn't mean they didn't work for it

That's not the point. The point is that it's improper for one member to insult another's family for reasons beyond their control. There's really just no cause for that. I'm not knocking Wren for not purchasing his car the way most of us do, but rather for insinuating that Kyle's family hasn't worked hard enough to buy their kid a car. Kyle's comments may have been inappropriate, but Wren's comments are even moreso because they imply that his family hasn't worked hard enough. He has obviously forgotten how many people in this country work just to survive while buying their kids brand new cars is merely a dream.

Wren...lay off it. Just because someone isn't as fortunate as you doesn't mean they haven't worked a day in their life. I've held down a job since I was 14 and I still don't have a brand new car. Does that make me or, by extension, my family, lazy or stupid? Hardly. It makes us middle class. With money comes the criticisms of people who have actually worked for and paid for their cars out of pocket. You have to expect that others may find it adventageous that you got your car given to while they were working for theirs (not that you haven't worked hard, but I know how you got your car). Just remember that you're a bit more priviledged than most to have your folks buy you a car and stop being so defensive. Calling someone lazy or stupid simply because they're working class is just bad form.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 06:38 AM   #9
AkimboStylee

i see what you mean
Old 06-24-2005, 08:48 AM   #10
Wren57

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
Wren...lay off it. Just because someone isn't as fortunate as you doesn't mean they haven't worked a day in their life. I've held down a job since I was 14 and I still don't have a brand new car. Does that make me or, by extension, my family, lazy or stupid? Hardly. It makes us middle class.

Agreed, and I wasn't saying anything against your perspective, because you aren't coming in here bashing me for having something nice, you are being intelligent about it. Perhaps Kyle does work hard, perhaps he will make the next generation of his family more "fortunate" as you put it (I refer to it as rewarded). For now his comment just makes him look like a jealous little shit that wants something more than what he has. You know what I do when I want something more than what I have (such as a sick audio system)? I work a few 60 hour weeks and build it myself in my spare time... I do something about it.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:22 AM   #11
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i dont like neons... other than that its a system. gonna be heavy though

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 10:01 AM   #12
Wren57

Yeah I'm still kinda undecided on the neons... might use red LEDs instead.

At least it'll be lighter than my previous setup... JL 1000/1 and two subs in a fiberglass box
Old 06-24-2005, 10:11 AM   #13
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

im a big fan of the single 10" sub system. ive been running 1 10 since i got my first car and ive never wished i had more sub. it mixes perfect with a nice set of mids and highs

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote