Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Integra
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2001, 04:49 PM   #1
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

Greddy Evo, Tanabe, Dc Sports

WHich exhaust should I get. I like the evo alot and am leaning toward that. Does anyone have dyno sheet on these exhausts?
2000Pimpinex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2001, 05:41 PM   #2
Boosted3g

I had a DC Sports exhaust on my Integra and I thought it was a very nice peice. The fit was great and it withstood 2 years of roadsalt and road construction without even looking really used. It had a nice tone too. Not real deep but a nice sporty sound. I feel its a real good exhaust expecially when considering the price.
Old 09-03-2001, 09:54 PM   #3
OneDopeTeg

I have the EVO and I like it....but if I had it to do over again I would go with Apexi' N1 or Tanabe Racing Medallion. But it kind of depends on what you have done to your car and what your future plans are as to what size exhaust piping you need. If you plan to go turbo then you would want to consider a Thermal R&D 3" turbo exhaust....if you want to stay NA then DC, Greddy, Apexi', Tanabe, and HKS are all good exhausts. From DC I really like how low pro the TCS exhaust system looks.
Old 09-03-2001, 11:07 PM   #4
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

Yeah, the twin canaster system looks dope as hell.
1985 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8 351W
w/ 33X12.5X15
Old 09-04-2001, 06:02 PM   #5
VN-Tec

I honestly think exhausts Dont help you that much.. They dont give you much Hp at all (well for me) It only truly helps if it was a straight pipe or if you have lots of mods to make your engine breathe easier..
Old 09-04-2001, 07:36 PM   #6
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

They do help some. They are proven to give ya some hp and torque, but also look good if you are into the show scene. They play a part in both catagories. As far as Horsepower per dollar goes, then its probably not worth it but I/H/E is the 3 things to start with when moddin a car.
1985 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8 351W
w/ 33X12.5X15
Old 09-06-2001, 05:41 PM   #7
OneDopeTeg

modding is all about power....and power is made by adjusting the air flow to and from the engine (and adjusting the fuel to mix with all the new air). The point here is that the exhaust itself may not make gobs of hp on its own but it is part of a system of parts that when combined will make gobs of hp. We need to look at the big picture....for instance there is no point in getting cams which will let more air into the engine if you can not get that air out fast enough.....this is why 90% of import enthusiasts start with i/h/e. It's not so much the power each part makes by itself....but it's laying the groundwork for big power gains down the road. just my 2 pence
Old 09-07-2001, 04:42 AM   #8
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

Exhausts won't add a ton of power, but they are essential to creating good power. Silly, huh? It's all about getting rid of the bottleneck.

Personally, always been partial to Tanabe Exhausts.
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2001, 05:13 PM   #9
IntegraR0064

Yeah, all of this is true, but the cat back part of the exhaust system really isn't that restrictive on hondas. So if you're not going all out with a turbo setup, a wack all motor setup, etc, a catback won't give you much power. But it will give you some...and it's worth doing for some cars, especially if you like the sound.

By the way on the ITR its not worth it at all unless you're doing a crazy setup, for anyone reading this that has one of those.

And all the ones you mentioned are very similar in how much power they actually give you, so I'd choose one based on sound. The evo will be the quietest. Any of the N1 exhausts are very loud, as well as the racing medallion. And pretty much any normally priced exhaust has a decent amount of quality.

So basically, between those, just pick one based on the sound.

Hope that helps.
Old 09-08-2001, 11:01 PM   #10
WHITESHEEP

The Greddy Evo will be the quietest of the three.