Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2003, 03:24 PM   #1
silentneko

need some quick help/advise??? please?

hey guys,
I am looking for a new car most likely within the next 2 days, so if you read this please respond and don't just skip it, thanks. I am deciding between several cars at this point, all with 5-speeds, all 4 bangers. they are 87-90 jettas, 87-89 accords, 87-88 integras, and maybe a 93 elantra. I know the engines on the hondas and jettas are great, so here is a list of questions I need help with for the accords, and if you can the integras too:

- how economic are they? mpg? (this is very important)
- how are the tranny's, bombproof?
- how are the brakes?
- how long do the brakes and clutch typically last?
- what issues should I look for in a florida car?
- are the pop-up headlights easy to fix? also is there a cool looking kit to make them fixed headlights?

thanks guys, I am well versed in cars, but this will be the first frontwheel drive 4 cylinder car I ever had, most of my cars were used for racing (ie. corvettes, mustangs, trans ams, rx-7, fiero....)so I know what typically to look for, but I just need a heads up. knowlege is power! and I am a knowlege whore. thanks to anyone who actually responds.
Old 11-16-2003, 08:34 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i'd get the accord. they seem to run forever, althou the body on them will fall a lot faster than the accord. you hould look for the timing belt first and the balljoints. there is something about hondas with those things. also is the accord you are looking at a carburated or a fuel injected ?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 08:41 PM   #3
silentneko

there are several different ones I'm looking at. don't know if they are fi or carbed