::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2003, 11:55 AM   #1
freddyboi

noise?

hey guys, just wanted to know why my car is doing something weird. i gotta 2001 honda accord and when im going around 75 and giving gas steadily, i hear this humming sound...its like either from my front tires or the engine...i have no clue what it is... and also when i break somewhat hard, i hear my brakes not sqeek, but sounds like its metal to metal, but i had my brakes checked and i still had 45% brake pad left. any one have any ideas whats going on??? and what are good brake pads to get as a replacement for hard braking??
Old 11-16-2003, 05:07 PM   #2
spoogenet

Kinda hard to tell without hearing it.

The only humming sound mine makes when stepping on gas is from the CAI, I don't remember exactly how the car sounded when I had the OEM intake on it.

Does it sound like a whining/whirring noise from the drivetrain? My old POS Volvo makes a whining sound in the differential when giving it some gas, doesn't matter on the speed really, but I notice it more at highway speeds.

I've known some Civics to make a lot of whining noises, but never Accords. Sounds like a higher-pitched but quieter sound like when going in reverse.

I'll allow the more knowledgeable folks on here explain how to fix the whining noises.

Hard to tell with brakes, so easy for them to make noise because they are essentially metal rubbing on metal. Not exactly, but close enough. Are they loud or is it a quiet thing?

Can't make any recommendations on pads. My braking is pretty decent so I haven't looked at replacing them. The brake fade isn't bad unless there's lots of people in the car, something I try to avoid in the first place.

b