::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2003, 03:58 PM   #1
F22B2

Help!!

I was driving to my gf house yesterday..half way there..i heard this quiet sound like something just fell of my car(not sure)..once i got to my gf house..the whole engine started to shake when i put the car in Park..i was like what the heck?..soo..i open up the hood..nothing seem to be wrong..so I took the car for a test drive..and boy..it was shaking and lagging everytime I rev..then..i put my car in Neutral..Rev my car..and behold..the engine went back to normal..wasn't shaking or laggin anymore..and then the Engine Check Light went on..and that was that..Anyone know what just happen here? Please help me out..any info would help..My car drives normal now..but I fear something is wrong..I might need to go to the shop for this..so give me some ideas. Thanks guys.
Old 11-01-2003, 04:00 PM   #2
F22B2

Oh by the way..something similar happened last year..I open up the hood and notice that one of the spark(the third wire) plug wire was pop out of place..so that's why my car was shaking when I rev..

But this time..everything look normal under the hood.
Old 11-03-2003, 06:20 PM   #3
vtracer20

just look inside ur engine bay and check everything that you might think could go bay is okay...just do a matenence on the car....never happened to me but i've had troubles with my plug wires coming loose...i just installed MSD and car is running very SMOOTH....i'm soo drunk...peace
Old 11-03-2003, 07:48 PM   #4
MAXed Out
6th Gear

it might be a motor mount or something that is broken that is causing the shaking of the motor.
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 09:29 PM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

any charging circuit lights on ? i know mine does that once in a while, and it comes back to normal after a few turns or some bumps.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 12:12 AM   #6
F22B2

Charging circuit lights? Have no idea..everything seem to be fine now..sometime the idle rpm fall under 500 ( down to 200-400)..never happen to me before..usually my idle rpm is around 600-700..the engine seem to rattle when my rpm falls to 200-400 rpm..any ideas?

my friend said probably cause my CAI suck in too much air or something which cause the engine light to go on.

I just had my DC Sports header installed a month ago..which relocated the o2 sensor..but i didn't think that was the problem.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:36 AM   #7
vtracer20

you should have ur o2 sensor checked out....check over the wires to make sure none of them been cut or melted..
Old 11-05-2003, 11:02 PM   #8
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by F22B2
Charging circuit lights? Have no idea..everything seem to be fine now..sometime the idle rpm fall under 500 ( down to 200-400)..never happen to me before..usually my idle rpm is around 600-700..the engine seem to rattle when my rpm falls to 200-400 rpm..any ideas?

my friend said probably cause my CAI suck in too much air or something which cause the engine light to go on.

I just had my DC Sports header installed a month ago..which relocated the o2 sensor..but i didn't think that was the problem.
why don't you check the codes for yourself ? http://www.hondata.com/techecucodes.html

the rpms drop a lot in my car but that is caused by a voltage fall14.8v to 11.6V, that's why i am getting a 135 amp alternator soon.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote