::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2001, 02:14 PM   #1
93chromeacc

Turbo on a 4th Gen

Y'all check this out. A dude is tryin to sell me a Turbo out of a 99 Eclipse for $300--he would install and all. What y'all think? I haven't heard of any 93 Accords with turbo
Old 12-04-2001, 03:19 PM   #2
Smitty90acc

Remember that a turbocharger is not the only component needed when putting together a turbo kit. In addition to all of the parts that could be used from the Eclipse, you will also need a custom exhaust manifold, and those can get expensive.

Also, if you go look on Ebay, there are plenty of turbos around that price, or even cheaper. I believe that the one your friend is selling has an internal wastegate. If you're looking to run higher levels of boost in the future, then you'll want a seperate, external wastegate.

One more thing... Depending on how much mileage is on your engine, it may not be such a good idea to add a turbo. Our F22a's have fairly low compression already, but you may want to investigate some low compression pistons and rods.

I was planning on doing a turbo system for my F22a4, but I just decided to get an H22 instead, since the cost differential is only a bit more than doing a quality job on a turbo kit.
Old 12-04-2001, 06:21 PM   #3
azn_nite_ryder

if its just the turbo itself... then you;re getting ripped bad... you can get those turbos for a lot cheaper at scrap yards or even on ebay..... but if its everything including the manifold and all the custom pping then its a sweet deal..... cheapest i could get everything for is 850 CDN
thats a
Turbo off a Audi TT
intercooler of a thunderbird
Greddy Blow off valve
custom manifold
and some other things but i cant think of it rite now but this also includes install and everything.....