::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2002, 06:46 PM   #1
MCNease

turbo kits

I've been reading up on turbo kits for my '96 Honda Civic EX. The ones that caught my eye the most were the DRAG kit, the Greddy kit, the FMAX kit, and the revhard kit. What is the best kit based on power and ease of installation (meaning no welding or crap like that)???
Old 05-05-2002, 05:54 PM   #2
RxR_Eclipse

Dude just build your own. www.homemadeturbo.com Shoot I'm doing my own kit on my clipse. And I got MOST of my info from that site. Can you say boosted and intercooled for less than $1300$.
Old 05-05-2002, 08:47 PM   #3
MCNease

How much boost can you make with your homemade kit.
Old 05-06-2002, 03:04 PM   #4
RxR_Eclipse

First off I must let you know I drive a Eclipse. I don't know much about honda's. My kit will be set at 6psi for the first bit (intercooled with a starion front mount), . My car will probly never see much more than 10psi. Now if your asking how much boost the T-25 can effectivly put out, it is possible to boost about 18psi.
Old 05-09-2002, 10:21 AM   #5
Boosted3g

A t25 in no way shape or form is gonna like boosting 18 psi on anything larger than a lawnboy.
Old 05-09-2002, 07:02 PM   #6
RxR_Eclipse

I have 2 freinds that boost 18-20psi daily on the t25 in the 4g63. But your right that is the MAX that the t25 can boost. even with a 5spi gain over stock it still is not much more than 250hp. Now if they had say a s16g or a t3/t4, the power/psi is quite different. Of course for any non boosted factory engine the t25 is perfect! But if your gonna build a "built" engine and run higher boost I would get either a 16g or a t 3/t4 series. (or mabey a T28 BB)
Old 05-11-2002, 11:55 AM   #7
Boosted3g

There is by far a better choice for a turbo than a t25. Although you could use it one your EX but i would recommend keeping it under 9 psi or so. It just creates far too much heat at anything over that. Yes the t25 comes stock on several factory turbo cars boosting over that and they work ok but notice they all have low redlines. Like i said you should be ok at lower boost levels being that you only rev to 7000ish.
Old 05-11-2002, 03:44 PM   #8
RxR_Eclipse

Agreed!
Old 05-18-2002, 01:03 PM   #9
thermal
Banning Machine

mcnease, it all depends on what plans you have for your car. if you plan to go all out super D16-T, get the DRAG or RH. the GReddy and FMAX kit is a relatively small turbo with internal wastegate. both company employs a TDO4-H 15g on their d16 kits.......pretty close to T-25. these turbos can max out at 12-14 psi....for sure on the TDO4-15g. if you want a daily driven turbo D16, get the street legal GReddy or FMAX......it will require one welding job tho, for the BOV flange.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote