::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2003, 11:56 PM   #1
97CivicBoy

wat the hell..my sub isnt workin either....help me

yeh it started like two days ago..it was wierd...for two mornins straight on my way to school the sub would turn of for like 10 seconds at the same street and then kick back on...but then tonite...it turned off came back for a sec and then jus turned off fullly...i turned my car offf and on..and it kicked on for a sec and went dead...so then wen i got home i checked the wires...( i dont kno much about this..had my friend do it..hes away rite now)....i was fiddlin wit the wires wit the music on and it was like comin on faintly and crackly....the amp light is on tho...whast wrong please help me i cant listen to my music witou bumpping it.....its so dull without bass...thanx
97CivicBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 09:43 AM   #2
sc0rch

Check the remote wire and the ground......could be the RCAs are pulling outta the amp.....but if the light is still on it shouldnt be RCAs or remote.....could also be that wires from the sub are crossed somehow and the + and - are touching
Old 05-04-2003, 09:13 PM   #3
alpine3069

Quote:
Originally posted by sc0rch
Check the remote wire and the ground......could be the RCAs are pulling outta the amp.....but if the light is still on it shouldnt be RCAs or remote.....could also be that wires from the sub are crossed somehow and the + and - are touching

well really it could be the RCA's but it does sound like it is your ground. make sure your on bare metal with no paint on it. if there is paint go get some sand paper and sand it off!
Old 05-04-2003, 10:49 PM   #4
sc0rch

ground usualy causes noise like the subs are hitting all the time...specially if its a bad ground.....
Old 05-06-2003, 03:45 PM   #5
Non_Affiliated

Check your remote turn on lead connections.