::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2006, 02:10 AM   #376
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Hmmm...after watching that little video clip I have only one question Arnel. Wanna race? I swear...I'll turn down the boost.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 02:36 PM   #377
thermal
Banning Machine

No Steve. Not yet anyway

I didnt race anybody. I drove the car to a meet. That was it. My WG is acting up. It is only pushing 3 psi. I have to pop it open and see what is going on with it. I'll do once I get back from being out to sea.....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:56 PM   #378
dabouncerx24

I thought you were reassigned to an inland station bro?
dabouncerx24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:07 PM   #379
thermal
Banning Machine

yes, but unfortunately, my job is to inspect the ship's engineering department. I have to train them ppl on how to effectively run their equipment and admin..... The only good thing is, if I am not assigned to a ship for the week, I go home around 9AM.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 05-12-2006, 10:53 PM   #380
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

This is a bit OT, but how many years have you got until you retire from the Navy, Arnel? My uncle was in the AF and he just retired in his early 40's and shit. He's still working for the AF as a civilian, but he's no longer an officer. Must be nice to retire in your 40's.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 05-12-2006, 10:54 PM   #381
thermal
Banning Machine

I'll be retiring in 5 years. I'll be 38 then.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 05-14-2006, 11:45 PM   #382
thermal
Banning Machine

My solution to this overheating C2Di..... Although, I now have the newly improved Twin-Fire instead... I'm not taking chances. I fabricated a cage for it with a fan to a switched 12v.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010018.JPG (29.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg P1010017.JPG (32.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg P1010021.JPG (46.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg P1010022.JPG (45.7 KB, 9 views)

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 06-01-2006, 01:09 PM   #383
thermal
Banning Machine

These AEM ignition modules had TRIPLE fu**ed me already....

C2di unit (box #1), about 5 miles...... caught on fire. I called AEM for a replacement. In the meantime, CompressionFed offered me his C2di unit (box #2) from his race car, but shutdowns my motor every time it gets warm, which is around 30-40 miles of driving. Will function again after it cools down. I even hooked up a 12v fan to it. No luck. So, when I got my replacement unit from AEM, I was glad to see that they sent me a Twin-Fire.... this is box #3 now. About 200 miles later, this Twin-Fire is now frying the inline power fuse. I slapped a new fuse about 3 times but keeps on blowing it.

I cant deal with these units anymore. Three brand new ignition amp with the same results. When the second box failed, I almost got hit by an 18 wheeler when my car died out on an exit ramp.. a blind spot from hell... a busy industrial area.... Truck got so close to me that he had to go on reverse just to come around me. I got out of the car to redirect traffic when another 18 wheeler swerved to avoid me and almost hit the car next to him.

I've contacted AEM and I was told that this is the first problem they had with the Twin-Fire box. They are willing to replace my current one for free. But I dont want to use it anymore. I'll get the new one and sell it. I think these units are more of a race car application anyway.

So I bought this set-up:
http://www.msdignition.com/dist_84_8488.htm. Good stuff from what I've heard. Also has a built in "hall-effect" sensor. Coil on Plug conversion looks cool and in theory should work better than the OEM Honda system. But it is not worth the headache. The other option was to get another 4 channel output Ignition amp from M&W..... but that is $899..... I can buy another EMS for that price......

I'll post a review soon.....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum

Last edited by thermal : 06-01-2006 at 01:19 PM.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:26 PM   #384
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Damn man. You & AEM aren't getting along well at all! Hopefully MSD steps it up.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:22 PM   #385
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Meh...Hall Effect stuff isn't anything too special. I've always like the idea of a DIS setup, but you're right...it's not worth the headache. If your car didn't come with it, there's a good chance products made for your model won't work well or at all. The DFI kit I have is pretty much setup for MSD stuff (any capacitive discharge stuff will work, but they recommend MSD). MSD's digital stuff is the only stuff they make worth a shit (as far as ignition boxes go...never had a problem with my distributor). All of the analog boxes will fry if they're under a hood. You can mount them in the cabin and hope it doesn't crap out, but who wants to do all that work?

Oh...and $900 for a fucking ignition box? Does the package contain two hot lesbians who'll go at it whenever you want? If not, it's not worth it.

Old 06-01-2006, 11:07 PM   #386
thermal
Banning Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT40FIED
..... Oh...and $900 for a fucking ignition box? Does the package contain two hot lesbians who'll go at it whenever you want? If not, it's not worth it.
That's what I was thinking..... A nice soft female hand better come out and jack my cock off each time I hit full boost. That'll be the shiiiiittttttt!!!!! Damn.... I'll never leave my car...... I'll be at full boost all-day!

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 06-04-2006, 09:46 PM   #387
thermal
Banning Machine

Well, while waiting for the MSD set-up, I went ahead and picked up these Recaro SRD's..... authentic and emaculate! It has been customized, by Recaro, to allow a 5 point belt, as the slot on the seat shows. Sold my Sparco seats.

So, my summer sub-project has commenced. This is to swap the interior into black and toss/sell all these Tan interior pieces. New shift boots ordered, ITR steering wheel ordered. I already have the black dash and rear panels from a 00 GSR. The carpet came off an 01 USDM ITR. I will paint everything else black.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010021.JPG (23.1 KB, 14 views)

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 06-04-2006, 09:49 PM   #388
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Nice. Those will look good in there. Then again, I can't think of a place they would look bad.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:56 PM   #389
thermal
Banning Machine

These seats are beautiful and I've always wanted them. I cant wait to finish the interior up. I've decided not to worry about the roll cage. My car car is a street car anyway. I'll still take it to the track. There are still a couple of tracks somewhat nearby that will allow me to make runs without the cage.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 06-04-2006, 10:20 PM   #390
Mischief

recaros > sparcos..

http://mensalmanac.com
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote