::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2002, 07:08 PM   #1
FLAT_LINER

Wow!

i went streetracing last saturday and a rsx with intake headers exhaust and carb. hood bet 150$ against a ROUSH RACING STAGE 3 and the mustang lost i could not believe it just thought u guys like to know.

damn thing is fast!!!!!!!

TEAM FLAT_LINE
Old 04-24-2002, 07:34 PM   #2
Incubus

Erm.....nice kill but I only understood about 25% of the story.....maybe slow down and take more time to type the story?
Old 04-24-2002, 07:36 PM   #3
gixer

um....are u sure the rsx didn't have nitrous...?... a roush stage 3 is s/ced and has 350 hp, no way in hell would an rsx w/ only bolt-ons would take it... trust me...ive raced one in an itr...
Old 04-24-2002, 08:31 PM   #4
FLAT_LINER

yeah i forgot im pretty sure he was spraying
Old 04-24-2002, 10:13 PM   #5
se-r turbo

sprayen like 150 shot? thats the only way he'll beat that mustang
Old 04-24-2002, 11:00 PM   #6
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

The RSX had more than I/H/E to beat that stang. He'd have to spray like crazy... even then....

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 08:21 PM   #7
Incubus

It's highly highly unlikely that he had enough nitrous to beat that crustang.......but then again my uncle back when he was a street racer/professional track racer was spraying 250 shot nitrous.....so I guess anything is possible.
Old 04-25-2002, 11:07 PM   #8
toykilla

Re: Wow!

Quote:
Originally posted by FLAT_LINER
i went streetracing last saturday and a rsx with intake headers exhaust and carb. hood bet 150$ against a ROUSH RACING STAGE 3 and the mustang lost i could not believe it just thought u guys like to know.

Maybe he knew the guy in the stang and they had that all planned out. they are both somewhere right now spending your $150.
Old 04-26-2002, 12:24 PM   #9
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Just because the stang was the faster car doesn't mean the driver was good.
Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker

just spraying doesn't add up to all that.. unless hes spraying all the way down the track
Very possible. 1/4 miles don't take very long. I did that a couple times in my EX...
Old 04-26-2002, 01:30 PM   #10
gixer

anything is possible w/ nitrous...
Old 04-26-2002, 01:38 PM   #11
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by gixer
anything is possible w/ nitrous...
Agreed.
Old 04-27-2002, 01:11 AM   #12
Niacin

I've found, when spraying, the following are likely, in this order:

1. Crazy wheelspin followed by sick third gear pull
2. Perfect shot, hooks good, smoke opposing car
3. Crazy wheelspin followed by sick third gear pull in front of State Trooper
4. BOOM!

Max
Old 04-27-2002, 10:52 AM   #13
juvenile

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
your sure theres no turbo or supercharger?

just spraying doesn't add up to all that.. unless hes spraying all the way down the track

a 100 shot of NOS gives you roughly 100hp, and 100 torque. If tuned correctly it could even be more!
and it lasts for the whole race pretty much. the fast and the furious is bullshit...it sprays the whole bottle in unless you tell it to stop!

(I'm not sure if I'm 100% correct, but that's what I understood from an arcticle I read)
Old 04-27-2002, 04:21 PM   #14
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by Niacin
I've found, when spraying, the following are likely, in this order:

1. Crazy wheelspin followed by sick third gear pull
2. Perfect shot, hooks good, smoke opposing car
3. Crazy wheelspin followed by sick third gear pull in front of State Trooper
4. BOOM!

Max

Heh. Yeah very true....
Old 04-27-2002, 04:22 PM   #15
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by juvenile

a 100 shot of NOS gives you roughly 100hp, and 100 torque. If tuned correctly it could even be more!
and it lasts for the whole race pretty much. the fast and the furious is bullshit...it sprays the whole bottle in unless you tell it to stop!

(I'm not sure if I'm 100% correct, but that's what I understood from an arcticle I read)

It only sprays when its at full throttle (or at lesat it should). So yeah, it can spray the whole bottle. Thought I don't think I'd recommend try that.
Old 04-28-2002, 04:58 PM   #16
Incubus

Also, from Dyno sheets I've studied, if the bottle is properly functioning and tuned, it'll give you at least the horsepower equivalent of the shot (i.e. 100 shot equals 100 hp) but I've seen in many instances when the car got more horsepower than the shot would indicate such as 64 hp out of a 60 shot.
Also, the torque is almost exponentially higher from what I've seen.
The most recent example I was was on a 110 hp Civic EX with 60 hp shot.....it pumped out 164 hp to the wheels and around 200 or 210 lb/ft of torque. My torque numbers might be slightly off, but they were much higher than the horsepower.........so usually if you hit the fun button before 3rd gear, your gonna get alot of wheel spin unless you have the suspension tuned well.
Old 04-28-2002, 06:16 PM   #17
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by Incubus

The most recent example I was was on a 110 hp Civic EX with 60 hp shot.....it pumped out 164 hp to the wheels and around 200 or 210 lb/ft of torque. My torque numbers might be slightly off, but they were much higher than the horsepower
200 ft/lb of torque from a 60 shot? There had to be more than just the n2o on that car.
Old 04-28-2002, 08:00 PM   #18
juvenile

I think he's talking about the Civic Type R, I've read a similar article in HondaTuning
Old 04-28-2002, 10:19 PM   #19
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by juvenile
I think he's talking about the Civic Type R, I've read a similar article in HondaTuning
No he said an EX.....
Old 04-29-2002, 06:40 PM   #20
Incubus

Ok I just dug up the magazine. It was a 60 shot Nitrous Express on a 2001 civic ex. The only other mods that it has are an intake and probably an exhaust.

Final horsepower checked in at 170.9, up from 110.9 horsepower.
Peak torque hit at 3500 rpm and checked in at 210.7 lb/ft(!)
Up from a measly 103.6 lb/ft at a peak of 5000 rpm.

So.....nitrous does make a difference, especially in the torque department! Although I think it's safe to say that results will vary.

Oh yeah, the issue I got it out of was Honda Tuning Feb/March 2002 issue.
Old 04-30-2002, 05:56 AM   #21
gixer

you guys need to realize that in a honda, you don't need too much nitrous at all to be sickly fast... a buddy of mine has a 25 shot in a ex civic....rocks almost everycar in sight and saves some life on his motor...it all depends on timing and traction, you can't just hook up 150 shot on your integra and expect to run 13's, it's not that easy...