User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2004, 05:42 PM   #41
91d16

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=2455496 634

there's the kit for 500

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=710728

Price for the motor isn't listed but if you pm him it comes with aem cam gear, motor, tranny for 300 dollars.

how bout that cashizslick

and also if you want a cheaper motor I know where ones at that was boosted 6psi but he will sell for 250 dollars.
Old 01-25-2004, 05:44 PM   #42
91d16

Quote:
Originally posted by cashizslick
^ right

by the way when we racing?
Old 01-25-2004, 05:56 PM   #43
91d16

also to get back on topic a little bit I think you should get a greddy profec b boost controller with the remote switch setup on the steering wheel so then you can adjust boost level from say 5 daily to 10 on race night. Just for the record 10 psi wouldn't be bad but def MAX on a stock d series motor. My friend runs 10 daily and his motor is still fine after 45,000 miles but I wouldn't do it, so yea good luck
Old 01-25-2004, 06:43 PM   #44
AzCivic

Quote:
170 hp - 125 hp = 45 more hp, and a completely stock motor to work on.

Yes, i dont see us being able to race anytime soon, but even so - your car would loose to a completely stock integra LS (you know, the BSERIES 140 hp ls motor). Im not trying to flame at all, im just trying to back up the fact that a few boltons on a D16Z6 dont do very much at all. I know you dont wanna swap your motor, but why dont you just look around junkyards stateside (like i wish I had done) for a USDM B18C or B18B.

Just for sake of argument, since i run the same if not slightly faster than a stock GSR, i think you'd still come up with the short end of the stick on that one.

Have you ever taken your car to the track? Im just wondering - i plan on going when it gets warmer up here and i will post times. Im sure i will suck my first few times, but mistakes are to learn from and it will be fun regaurdless.

is it about which 1.6ltr engine is faster stock!?!? N-O, its about getting the most for your money.

I'll be hitting the track once this next step crap in my sig is finished.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 06:58 PM   #45
cashizslick

If you were really about getting the most of your money, you'd have a nitrous setup to go with your boltons like OC does.

BTW, just wondering if i could ask you how your car does against other hondas. Im sure you have raced a few civic SI's and Ludes now and then.
Old 01-25-2004, 06:58 PM   #46
Midnight02

i do want to boost, i definately want a turbo BUT i cant do shit to that car until the bank collects all 11,000 and so far i have only paid 233.00 SO you can see where i am getting with this... i will have that car paid off in about 3 years, i just need to start makin more bank so i can increase my payments. 65000 is not a lot of miles to start talkin rebuild for a turbo. BUT it is high enough that i might be doing more damage than good, ESPECIALLY running 10 lbs on race night. should i just upgrade cams, rods and pistons when i am ready to boost?
Old 01-25-2004, 07:03 PM   #47
Midnight02

Quote:
If you were really about getting the most of your money, you'd have a nitrous setup to go with your boltons like OC does.

BTW, just wondering if i could ask you how your car does against other hondas. Im sure you have raced a few civic SI's and Ludes now and then.

I dont know if your talkin to me or not, i just got the car last week... first and second gear just spin and my car likes to pull to one side. its nice being able to roast second when before i was used to a small chirp if i was on wet grounds with my slow POS DSM
Old 01-25-2004, 07:30 PM   #48
AzCivic

Quote:

i'd get nitrous but i want the power all the time.

i've only raced one SI and in 1st and 2nd we were pretty much even, then in 3rd he started to pull away. I'm hoping the 4.7FD will take care of most near stock b16civics out there. oh and this was quite some time ago, before the test pipe and i think exhaust.

Last edited by AzCivic : 01-25-2004 at 07:37 PM.
Old 01-25-2004, 08:32 PM   #49
Midnight02

question, where the hell do you guys get all your money to soupe up your cars. some of the things you people talk about are insane, granted i would do an engine swap in a heart beat if i knew the gains, but between nitrous, turbos, coil overs, skirts, wings, friggin TV monitors in the dash, where does it all come from?? are you guys getting hooked up with parts or something?? teach me the secret... ALL my money just goes to paying off my car, i need extra cash... any suggestions. and yes, i do have a real job.
Old 01-25-2004, 09:02 PM   #50
cashizslick

Quote:
Originally posted by 91d16
[url]
how bout that cashizslick

and also if you want a cheaper motor I know where ones at that was boosted 6psi but he will sell for 250 dollars.

That is not a turbo kit, it is a turbo manifold, and a turbo. - and cheep ones at that.
Old 01-25-2004, 09:07 PM   #51
cashizslick

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
i'd get nitrous but i want the power all the time.

i've only raced one SI and in 1st and 2nd we were pretty much even, then in 3rd he started to pull away. I'm hoping the 4.7FD will take care of most near stock b16civics out there. oh and this was quite some time ago, before the test pipe and i think exhaust.

Not to shabby - USDM b16 im guessing.

Honestly though, i wish you could drive my car - its quite different from how it was before. Not to flame, but B16's benefit quite well from i/h/e boltons.

I bet with a good launch(provided your LSD is installed) and the new final drive you could lead through 2nd gear. But once third hits i'd say you still might be in trouble only because of your current lack of high end power.

Ur gonna turbo right?
Old 01-25-2004, 09:08 PM   #52
cashizslick

Quote:
Originally posted by Midnight02
question, where the hell do you guys get all your money to soupe up your cars. some of the things you people talk about are insane, granted i would do an engine swap in a heart beat if i knew the gains, but between nitrous, turbos, coil overs, skirts, wings, friggin TV monitors in the dash, where does it all come from?? are you guys getting hooked up with parts or something?? teach me the secret... ALL my money just goes to paying off my car, i need extra cash... any suggestions. and yes, i do have a real job.

Over time, all the little crap you do to your car will add up. I got my engine swap because i saved up all last summer for it.
Old 01-25-2004, 09:42 PM   #53
thermal
Banning Machine

Quote:
Originally posted by Midnight02

I'm a pimp by trade......j/k. Nah, we are broke. Nobody here will deny that. After awhile, you'll just flow on the right direction. You'll notice that most of us here on the civic board are into performance than looks. We all save and spend every penny on anything to improve either handling or speed.....or max out our credit card like on my case...lol.

Be patient. Surf and search.....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 09:46 PM   #54
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

Im part of the honda enduced debt club
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 10:54 PM   #55
91d16

Quote:

I know that isn't directed tord me but my car eats civic SI's and pretty much ever car i've raced except a damn vette but it was super fast with ecu upgrade, air intake and aftermarket exhuast.
Old 01-25-2004, 11:03 PM   #56
armyguy5
3rd Gear

alright real answers for midnight02...first off good luck finding better internals for and 02....i seem to hit a wall when i started looking.. second main difference other then litre size in the d16-d17 is how the manifold is...the d16 uses round and the 17 uses square (or the other way around) running 10 will eventually blow your engine withouth doing any internal work. If your gonna turbo it i reccommed a quafe LSD it goes for $1000 for a 02 ex. Be careful what you do to your car becuase the 02's a ULEV's and if you have to take emmisions for your state your screwed if you turbo.....i got an 02 ex...most of my stuff comes from ebay.....honeslty it's not bad...at the time i bought this stuff i was in the army...now i'm a broke college kid....if you have any questions you can IM at bbguy5 on aol....also my brothers a honda tech so i get answers from him all the time about my honda...oh yea get an ACT clutch and flywhell run you about 500

chris
  • Cold Air Intake, Front Strut Bar, MTX Thunder 6000 10", Gunmetal Altezza Tail Lights, Short Throw Shifter, Factory Side Skirts and Rear lip, JDM front Lip, Thermal R&D stealth exhaust, 16" Rota Slipstreams in Bronze, Alpine CD/MP3/WMA/XM RADIO, Legacy L7M in car video
armyguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 11:11 PM   #57
AzCivic

Quote:
Not to shabby - USDM b16 im guessing.

Honestly though, i wish you could drive my car - its quite different from how it was before. Not to flame, but B16's benefit quite well from i/h/e boltons.

I bet with a good launch(provided your LSD is installed) and the new final drive you could lead through 2nd gear. But once third hits i'd say you still might be in trouble only because of your current lack of high end power.

Ur gonna turbo right?

i have no doubt at all that your car is faster with an engine that makes more power.

yup turbo is in the future, cant wait.
Old 01-25-2004, 11:12 PM   #58
91d16

Quote:
Originally posted by thermalfi'd16
I'm a pimp by trade......j/k. Nah, we are broke. Nobody here will deny that. After awhile, you'll just flow on the right direction. You'll notice that most of us here on the civic board are into performance than looks. We all save and spend every penny on anything to improve either handling or speed.....or max out our credit card like on my case...lol.

Be patient. Surf and search.....

EXACTLY.... cc debt is a bieatch don't get one!! haha
Old 01-25-2004, 11:16 PM   #59
pdiggitydogg

hey az, if youre going turbo, why the lightened flywheel? What's the weight of it?
Old 01-26-2004, 12:15 AM   #60
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=2455496 634

there's the kit for 500

i'd love to see that manifold not crack in less than 2 months. and that turbo ? what do u know about it ? it does not have an a/r ratio, or any other important info about it :o

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 01:51 AM   #61
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
hey az, if youre going turbo, why the lightened flywheel? What's the weight of it?

why not? Its like 8.8lbs.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:07 AM   #62
91d16

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
i'd love to see that manifold not crack in less than 2 months. and that turbo ? what do u know about it ? it does not have an a/r ratio, or any other important info about it :o

I doubt it would, and to find out the a/r just simply email the guy and ask. Don't dis ebay h0r you just bought one off ebay for cheap !!! Besides it's still a turbo and a manifold that could handle 7 or 8psi... remember this is a Honda not a high powered car. It's a stock D series motor at that we're talking about so hush up My advice to that kid anyway is " I wouldn't waste my time with hondas just buy a supra and be done with it "

Old 01-26-2004, 11:22 AM   #63
cashizslick

No name ebay manifolds like that thing have a history of cracking.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:26 AM   #64
91d16

Quote:
No name ebay manifolds like that thing have a history of cracking.

I was just blowin him shit hah I wouldn't buy an ebay manifold. I'm just keeping hstuners forums alive
Old 01-26-2004, 11:27 AM   #65
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
I doubt it would, and to find out the a/r just simply email the guy and ask. Don't dis ebay h0r you just bought one off ebay for cheap !!! Besides it's still a turbo and a manifold that could handle 7 or 8psi... remember this is a Honda not a high powered car. It's a stock D series motor at that we're talking about so hush up My advice to that kid anyway is " I wouldn't waste my time with hondas just buy a supra and be done with it "

well mine is a 95 gst manifold, and i never heard a 2g dsm manifold crack

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 11:29 AM   #66
cashizslick

Quote:

Ghetto Eghey Crap
Old 01-26-2004, 11:36 AM   #67
pdiggitydogg

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
why not? Its like 8.8lbs.

Damn thats light...
Well, youre gonna loose revs a whole lot quicker with the lightened wheel, right? So, boost would drop quicker as well. I personally wouldnt want that on a street car. Just my thoughts
Old 01-26-2004, 01:56 PM   #68
Midnight02

Quote:
well mine is a 95 gst manifold, and i never heard a 2g dsm manifold crack

Not only have I heard of a 2g manifold crack, i have seen it. My buddy was running a greddy turbo in his talon tsi awd and he not only cracked the manifold COMPLETELY in half but he fried the coil pack i was going to buy the car but it would have costed me so much money. the header split in half right down the middle because of his "20 lbs" of boost. he was able to roast all 4 tires so i wouldnt doubt the car, it WAS the fastest car in my city at the time, it was very very popular.

Also, what is an LSD and what kind of internals are hard to find for the 02 ex
Old 01-26-2004, 02:59 PM   #69
AzCivic

Quote:
Damn thats light...
Well, youre gonna loose revs a whole lot quicker with the lightened wheel, right? So, boost would drop quicker as well. I personally wouldnt want that on a street car. Just my thoughts

i have a factory flywheel that weighs 10lbs and i have no problems with revs dropping to fast in between shifts. anyone who does have such a problem probably needs to learn how to drive. so you get the benefits of the engine reving up faster and as long as you dont shift like a granny there'll be no real side effect.
Old 01-26-2004, 07:37 PM   #70
cashizslick

Wouldnt that be bad for a turbo setup where you wanna keep the thing spooled up? Not like its gonna be bad for racing, but driving the car normally will suck.
Old 01-26-2004, 07:44 PM   #71
pdiggitydogg

I meant only w/ boost
Old 01-26-2004, 09:21 PM   #72
AzCivic

I just thought of this a little while after i last posted my reply:

the turbo being spooled isnt really directly related to RPMs, if the engine is spinning at 5k due to momentum of the rotating parts the engine itself isnt creating very much exhaust energy since your off the gas. i'm not sure how much air is getting pulled in the pushed out, but i'm guessing it aint much. who knows maybe i'm wrong.

either way if it does cause somekinda problem(which i highly doubt), factory flywheels are like $50 and i could probably sell the prolite for at least 100$.
Old 01-27-2004, 06:20 PM   #73
thermal
Banning Machine

First off, let me reittierate not to get that ss-autochrome turbo manifold. I frequent many turbo boards. That manifold is a POS. I agree that it is pretty but trust me on this one. I know many people online who were very disapointed about that product. My buddy has it and it cracked on him within 2 weeks. He added another brace to it, but it cracked again in less than a month. Stay away from the manifolds made by these company:
-SS-autochrome
-OBX
-Stone racing
-Spark

Go to www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/ and ask or do a search.... you'll see.

About that turbo, watch out! The same buddy of mine who bought that deal (manifold+turbo) ended up sending the turbo somewhere to get it rebuild. Again, this is within a 2 month time frame. You choice, your money.....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 01-27-2004, 06:45 PM   #74
pdiggitydogg

obx makes a turbo manifold???

HA!
Old 01-27-2004, 07:30 PM   #75
cashizslick

Quote:
I was just blowin him shit hah I wouldn't buy an ebay manifold. I'm just keeping hstuners forums alive

And what would you know about these forms being dead?
Old 01-27-2004, 07:41 PM   #76
91d16

Quote:
And what would you know about these forms being dead?

because I've changed my name 3 times now so I've been around a good amount of time as well. I've probably got about 550 posts total.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:21 PM   #77
Honda_Tengoku

Quote:
Damn thats light...

the increased reving capabi;ities, and throttle response more than makes up for the disadvantages a lightened flywheel has. trust me.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:47 AM   #78
nonovurbizniz

Quote:
Damn thats light...

the only time you lose revs quicker with a lightened flywheel is when you're engine braking or when you put in the clutch... in either situation the bov would vent the boost anyway...

Also the turbo's don't really make power when they're not under load So it's almost better for the turbo to not have the extra momentum keeping it spinning when there's no reason for it...

Also the lightened flywheel will allow the car to get up to boost rpms a LOT faster...

By losing a percentage of weight on the flywheel you gain a percentage of power that's going to the wheels... with a turbo this is only amplified...

Be careful though my buddy put a too light flywheel in his VW and now it stalls at stops pretty regularly unless he keeps the revs up.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:21 PM   #79
Death_Scorpion

Well I'm sorry if I missed many reply 's I'm tired of reading 3 pages of them

I have a d17a2 engine as I serch for tune for it

you can run a stage3 turbo kit will cost around 3000-3999 $ not sure cabable of doing 450 shoot

on stock motor and tuned fule system you will get from 75-100 shoot on (( stock )) with 6 PSI which means going above the 200 barrire will run within the 200 hp range carswith stock engine

Take in mind a D egines will not live if you run more than 6 psi

6 psi is you Green Line above this 1 psi only is your red line so don't plan to go above the 6 psi as most of the turbo kits co's will tell you to run on 6 psi if you are planning to run on stock

you can find the best trubos's at this web site , I'm planning to buy a turbo kit fro my K20A3 Honda Stream ( not solid within the us ) at this moment

http://www.turbo-kits.com

all engines on planet can be tuned , don't listen to these noobs Who think sawp is the way to go , I know a someone Who Done a 600 Shoot from a D16

he beats alomst all cars in a drag race onces made before
he beats a tuned
mostange 1992
Old Comoro 70's
Corvette 1998
SX240
Galant VR turbo

the only thing he didn't be able to beat
Dodage Viper GTS-R it was really damn fast shit

good luck
Old 03-22-2004, 12:38 AM   #80
thermal
Banning Machine

Man.... this thread is old..... anyway, I would like to see that 600hp D16.

Tuning is everything. I have been boosting my D16Y8 for 4 years now and was only below 6 psi for 6 months within that time frame. D16's are stronger than what people think. I have been running 10 psi daily for 2 years now with no problem.

D16turbo vs B-series swap on this forum has been a beat up subject already.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum