::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2002, 04:14 PM   #1
BLu3xCiViC

1/4 mile times?

is there any website that have information about e.t. times and dyno infomation of different civics that have different engines and mods?
Old 04-24-2002, 04:28 PM   #2
FLAT_LINER

have u been to hondahookup.com they have stats somewhat like that i think this is what ur talking about

TEAM FLAT_LINE
Old 04-24-2002, 10:23 PM   #3
BLu3xCiViC

i'm looking for 1/4 mile times for civics with ls gsr type r motors...i wanna see comparisons......if u kno any 1/4 mile times please post.....any info is greatly appreciated
Old 04-25-2002, 01:20 AM   #4
PabloHoney

Ok, if you want to get a quarter mile time for a swapped in engine, just take the quarter mile time for whatever car the engine came out of oriniginally and and estimate from that. A ITR runs anywhere about a 14.7 in the quarter. Swap that engine into a '95 hatchback, and you will be running low 14's. A GS-R in the same car will yield low 15's to very high 14's (I am talking motor only, mods will obviously give you better times). There is no for sure time you will get. It depends on weight of the vehicle, engine strength, and how well the swap was done. If the swap wasn't wire correctly or something, you can get times that don't match with what they should be.
Old 04-25-2002, 03:41 PM   #5
BLu3xCiViC

thanks pablo....yea i kinda figured the time is pretty close to the car the engine came from, but i thought it would of been much quicker at least a second on a hatchback............
Old 04-25-2002, 06:59 PM   #6
PabloHoney

Nah, in all reality, a hatchback in full weight is about 2300 lbs depending on what model (obviously the CX is gonna be a little lighter, and the VX a little lighter still). Mine weighs in at 2260 with a sub box and a full tank of gas and a tool set in it. Anyway, an ITR weighs about 2650 or so. That's only a 300 lb difference, which makes for about 4 tenths in the quarter (estimation based on the assumption that 100 lbs = about a tenth in the 1/4).
Old 04-25-2002, 10:27 PM   #7
BLu3xCiViC

alrite thanks for the info.....