::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2002, 11:21 PM   #1
DrumminBoy

Need help choosing a head unit

I've been looking at the JVC KD-SX980 to replace my Pioneer tape player. It looks good, has all the features i want, and is decently priced, im just wondering about the audio quality. JVC isnt really a name associated with car audio, so im kinda skeptical. Has anyone heard this particular unit or another JVC? (btw, i wont be ordering from crutchfield. way overpriced)
Old 10-16-2002, 10:24 AM   #2
nittanys1
2nd Gear

http://www.thezeb.com/caraudio/jvc_head_units.html

thsre is you HU for cheaper....I havent heard anything bad about them, but if your going to ge the mp3 player you might want togo with a more known brand...but i could be wrong
nittanys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 10:55 PM   #3
juvenile

I bought my kenwood for ~240 US total.
It plays mp3s and is an amazing deck in my opinion

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/product/pr...roductI d=694
Old 10-20-2002, 03:15 PM   #4
GSteg

for sound quality, it shouldn't really matter. at a flat out response, both deck will sound the same. you're just paying the extra cash for the quality and bells and whistles.
Old 10-20-2002, 09:24 PM   #5
bx_integra

my father has a JVC head unit in his camry...it isn't that same model but its relatively new...Its powering 4 pioneer mids...when i played around with the setting on the JVC unit it sounded pretty damn good!....but hey it all depends on wat you like...i personally like pioneer...Im getting the Pioneer 8400...its phat...
Old 10-27-2002, 08:07 PM   #6
Civicfrenzy

i have a jvc, i have a different brand than what u want but i like it and have had no problems
Old 10-28-2002, 09:47 AM   #7
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

Ok this is my take on JVC and my experience.
MY first cd playr was a JVC ahd i liked it ya know till someone blew it up and they got me a new one and there nice players and all but. I have done some research.. In a period of 6 or more months the ejector for the cds tends to stick. And i have had one do that. i lost one of my good cds to that stupid player. but before then there fine just until then even my audio dude even told me that when i first noticed it. I tell ya something nice to go with.

Pioneer.. i love it and some dont. there headunits are real nice and dont cost an arm and a leg. The 7400 would be nice for ya. it has the cool graphics like the 9300 has and it will also play mp3's. i have the 8400 one that flips down. the 7400 will run u around $270-$280. and they last forever too.. i know someone who had one 7400 and it has had it for over 2 years.. works fine and not a thing wrong with it.. but thats my 2 cents
C's 94 InTeGrA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 11:38 AM   #8
bx_integra

^ damn u lucky u got the 8400...i love that pioneer head unit...its phat...like the way it has two faces instead of one and the way they flip down...its crazy...how much did you pay for urz?
Old 10-28-2002, 09:14 PM   #9
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Dont buy a JVC HU.

You can get brands that are much more dependable for the same price.
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 09:17 PM   #10
bx_integra

^ which brands can you get for the same price? I think Pioneers are a little more expensive than JVC but they are better than JVC...
Old 10-28-2002, 10:56 PM   #11
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

Yes listen to us.. pioneer might be more expensive but its worth it. u wont belive me if i told u wat kind of price i got for it. cause on the pioneer site it goes for 650$ something.. i got it $460 installed.. guy who does this gets all pioneer stuff wholesale and gets it lower than it goes for.
C's 94 InTeGrA is offline   Reply With Quote