.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > My Car is Broken!
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2001, 01:48 AM   #1
gsrhatch909

b18c need help??

alright i have a 95 b81c1 in my 92 hatch and i havent had any problems until now. just recently i had my car parked for about two weeks waiting for the damn smog to go through. when it was finished smogging i took it out for a spin i tried to hit it going on to the freeway and for some reason when i hit 5 grand it starts bogging out or somethin. it runs great and pulls strong until 5k then it loses all power the rpm's still go up but doesnt pull.anyone had this problem or might know what it is any help would be appreciated thanks.i have heard it might by my throttle position sensor but not to sure on that anyone got an idea what it might be?
Old 12-29-2001, 02:23 AM   #2
slowEJ6

hmm i was going to say it could be your spark plugs/wires/dist. or maybe clogged injectors or a clogged fuel filter. but you say it runs fine till 5k.
maybe your clutch is slipping, that could also be a problem yet i think this would be affecting you at just about every rpm, not just 5k and up.
if i were you id get yourself a voltmeter and check out the TPS and see if its working correctly. A problem with the TPS circuits will throw a code.....
i can list the procedure to check the voltage on the TPS if youd like and it will tell you if anything is wrong with that. just lemme know.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2001, 02:24 AM   #3
Whtehnda93DXSdn
It has 4 Doors...

Welcome to HS..

I will check w/ one of the guys onmy team as he has the same situation and I'll see if he know's what's up. Last time he had something along those lines he put it on a Dyno and tuned it as he also had a apexi controller, not sure if you have anything like that or not. e has gone threw 2 GSR motors and had both screaming til he had a B&M regulator blow....

I'll let you know....
Old 12-30-2001, 02:01 PM   #4
gsrhatch909

yeah could u list the procedure on how to check the tps i originally thought it might just be the wires/dist and so for but i recently changed them all and still had the same effect as before.
Old 12-30-2001, 07:19 PM   #5
Whtehnda93DXSdn
It has 4 Doors...

Are there any mods that you have done to the GSR as of yet??

I spoke w/ my budy Mike that had the GSr in his ride and when his did that he had it tuned and dynoed and it was a totally diff world. not sure if a tweak/tune is what you need but I wanted to share what I found out from him..
Old 12-31-2001, 12:47 AM   #6
gsrhatch909

naw no mods besides the usual i/h/e thats it as of now.
Old 12-31-2001, 03:45 AM   #7
slowEJ6

TPS check

1. Follow the wiring harness from the TPS to the back of the intake manifold and remove it from the firewall. This will give you more room to probe the electrical terminals. Check the electrical connector @ the sensor for a snug fit. Check the terminals in the connector and the wires leading to it for looseness and breaks. Repair is necessary.
2. Using a voltmeter, check the reference voltage from the ECM/PCM. Connect the positive probe to the yellow/blue wire and the negative probe to the ground. It should read app. 5 volts.(you will see 3 diff segments on the TPS - from right to left - 1st segment is Power, 2nd segment is Signal, and 3rd segment is Ground).
3. Next, check the TPS signal voltage. With the engine OFF, throttle fully closed and TPS electrical connector connected, connect the probes of the voltmeter to the red/black wire (positive probe) and ground (negative probe). Note: use a straight pin to backprobe the connector terminal. Gradually open the throttle valve and observe the TPS voltage. With the throttle valve fully closed, the voltage should read about 0.5v. Slowly move the throttle valve and see if the voltage changes as the sensor travels from idle to full throttle. The voltage should increase smoothly to about 4.5v. If the reading are incorrect, replace the TPS sensor.
4. A problem in any of the TPS circuits will set a code. Once a trouble code is set, the ECM/PCM will use an artificial default value for TPS and some vehicle performance will return.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote