::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2001, 03:37 PM   #1
maxpsi

HELP!! my 1st Honda

I am in the process of buying a 2001 civic lx 4door manual tranny. i have a full body kit from VISracing called the invader type 6. it comes with front bumper, side skirts, and rear bumper. I am also looking at either these nice looking alloy wheels i can get from the factory at honda or just getting some aftermarket wheels and tires. I was looking at 16" but i dont know if they would look good. Im not sure if i need 17" but if they would look better then that is what i want. I have also looked with few results for that perfect muffler. i was also wondering if i would have to lower my car to make it look good with that body kit or would it b fine stock. the only prob i have with messin with the suspension is that "pogo" effect from compressing the struts and springs. is there some kind of full suspension kit to adjust the camber and not totally ruin the suspension. I do have a 2001 so i dont know what will void the warranty. as u can see i am going for that cool exterior look for now.
These are my question to u as follows:
1. where did u get your body kit painted assuming it was primer grey when u got it like mine will b?
2. how hard was it to install?
3. could i get 16" and still have it look good with my body kit and all my mods?
4. i need the baddest sounding muffler? (some variety)
5. If i do need to lower my car to make it look decent with my body kit and wheels, what is the correct way to do it?
6. and if not to much of a hassle could u give me some roundabout prices on these mods?

Visracing body kit: 650 kit, 160 shipping, painting ?, spoiler ? (like the one on the Supra on the Fast and the Furious)
Old 10-14-2001, 09:23 PM   #2
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

My opinion on exhaust would be 5Zigen fire ball, Greddy, HKS,....but ya know you can take all the advice from everyone that you want to on how you want the car to sound and look. But remember dude. It's your car. We all kould tell you how to do up your car and what to do to it, but man personal opinion is great. We might say go buy this exhaust it's great. and if you get it on your car and you hate it, well we just like it ourselfs and it's our opinion....do what you want. I love the sound of 5Zigen and I know some people hate it. if you want to put 16's on your car or 17's or 18's for that matter (mmm 18)...GO AHEAD!!!! :: it's your car. We can't tell you what to do. or how to do it for that matter. What ever you think werks then do it. but remember to KISS. Don't go crazy. remember your car.....your opinions. Sorry to sound like a dork.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 09:35 PM   #3
maxpsi

thanks derek

I see what u r saying and appreciate GREATLY your response. As far as sounding like a dork...NAH... u sounded sincere and that is what i respect. Once again thanks....Maxpsi
Old 10-15-2001, 09:29 AM   #4
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Re: thanks derek

The bodykit maybe gell coated when you get it.(mine was). After I got it I never put it on. I didnt like the fiberglass thing, its usually pretty pricey for a shop to do it because there is alot of prepping involved with fiberglass to have a great finish (I dont know about all kits.) Get lots of quotes and see peoples work before they do it, you could be sorry later.

16 inch wheels may look alittle small with a body kit, thats really upto you. I dont like big wheels to much they are for looks and that about it...

A good muffler.. you could check out Thermal or Greddy.. Again thats preference of sound or and looks or whatever..

If you dont go to low you shouldnt have to worry about camber too much look in something like the Eibach Prokit 1-1.5 in drop or so. You could also go with something like coilovers. Thats all upto you.

The biggest thing to remember is its your car aslong as you happy with it its cool.. Id rather have power over pretty anyday but thats me.. Just remember to have fun with it and dont go beyond your budget, but do it right the first time.
Old 10-15-2001, 08:53 PM   #5
Dezoris

I got your email.

Your body kit should be taken to a good body shop, along with your car so they can match the kit to the paint color of your car, blending may also be needed to ensure a good color transition with the rest of the body paint, for a full kei bumpers, rocker panels hood, it would cost you for a good job (labor) 6-900$

Do your research go from place to place getting quotes, make sure you talk to the shop manager, explain what you want, if he is understanding and good at waht he does he will explain the whole process, you'll see the pride he has with his shop, by how he acts. Go to 4 places and pick the best one. Dont be afraid to haggle, Even if the place you like is the most expensive tell them the other shops will do it cheaper, they will lower the price.
They should install it as well, because they will be blending fenders etc, otherwise it is easy to install.
I have seen 16s on the 2k1 Civics and it looks good, all of them run Eibach springs (no strut upgrades yet) The DC sport muffler is very deep, sounds very good, I would go DC with the whole car performance wise, they know their shit, although you can always wait but, that would be the current setup.
Old 10-16-2001, 01:50 AM   #6
BlazinCrx

you are for sure going to have to have the body kit professional installed, VIS kits are notorious for poor fit, painting you are looking around $400 depending on the labor...In lowering your car make sure to get a name brand spring such as eibach, suspension techniques, or intrax...17s will look real nice, 16s might be a little small....for exhaust I would go with Greddy or HKS, maybe even the Apexi all sound good.
max
Old 10-22-2001, 07:52 PM   #7
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

Get the kit professionally painted. 16's will look fine on your ride and make sure you are happy with the amount of drop before you buy any springs.
1985 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8 351W
w/ 33X12.5X15
2000Pimpinex is offline   Reply With Quote