User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2001, 11:55 AM   #41
Dezoris

Quote:
Originally posted by Big James
The black person thing was meant as a joke. He did post quoted demographics of who the car appeals to, however he added his own little comments and assumptions.

I am not letting emotion get in the way of logic. I am far from it actually.

What I really do not care for is his blatant insults to anyone who drives this car. It is unbecoming of a moderator. If he does not like the car, so be it. I caould care less. However, his tact needs some work.

You bring up his experience and say he is more knowledgable than 90% of the people. Fine, that is your opinion, I hope however that you are not questioning my experience or knowledge, as I have a plethora of both.

I tried his logic. By his logic, his own car is a girlie girl shitbox. That is not my opinion, but his own logic at work. The Civic was never meant to be a performance vehicle. I understand that they made a higher performance model, and the such, however, that is not the true roots of the Civic.

Many point to the suspension as being a drawback to the new Civic. I thought this would be true at first. However, I no longer feel that way. My girlfriend has a 2001 EX, and my roommate has a 99 EX. I honestly feel her car handles better than his. I find that I can make turns faster in her car then I could in his.

Bottom line is this, I can see his problems with the Civic and I can respect them. However, I can not respect someone who questions the manhood of another member simply becuase they like the new Civic. Behavior as such is unacceptable.
When I mention the suspension, it is a known and tested fact that at the limit handling suffers from the new setup, on first test sure it feels sturdy and solid., that is what they wanted, and they have succeeded, in it, but you are proving the point no one cares about double wishbone nor the other performance aspects of the older vehicle, proving that consumers namely the average 30 year old female just wants space, and comfort, and "Oh it feels good" You can get this in the new protege, or focus, and they actually do it better than the new civic.

You can't mod the new Civics suspension like the previous gen, without great difficulty.

You cannot swap out the motor, or beef it up any. (N/A, F/I)
It is just another Compact car, and has deviated from what made the the previous Civic what it was. It no longer stands out. That is the point.

As far as BDCs tactics, I can see it made you respond whether in anger or whatever it made you thing, that is the point.

Old 10-28-2001, 12:04 PM   #42
Big James

Quote:
Originally posted by Dezoris

When I mention the suspension, it is a known and tested fact that at the limit handling suffers from the new setup, on first test sure it feels sturdy and solid., that is what they wanted, and they have succeeded, in it, but you are proving the point no one cares about double wishbone nor the other performance aspects of the older vehicle, proving that consumers namely the average 30 year old female just wants space, and comfort, and "Oh it feels good" You can get this in the new protege, or focus, and they actually do it better than the new civic.

You can't mod the new Civics suspension like the previous gen, without great difficulty.

You cannot swap out the motor, or beef it up any. (N/A, F/I)
It is just another Compact car, and has deviated from what made the the previous Civic what it was. It no longer stands out. That is the point.

As far as BDCs tactics, I can see it made you respond whether in anger or whatever it made you thing, that is the point.

I do not need such tactics to think. I do that just fine on my own without the insults. If he wants to make people think, and take him a little more seriously, he would try it without the insults. They simply make one question and think about his credibility.

You are correct, Honda found that they did not need the double wishbone suspension to have something that would sell. The majority of the car buyers wanted a roomier car. They have given the people that. Honda is doing what it takes to remain in business. Car enthusiasts will not keep Honda in business, the 30 year old women who are buying the car for the family will.

Also, five to 10 years ago, you could not buy performance parts for any Honda. However, give it some time, and you will see turbos and the such for the car. It will come.

Old 10-28-2001, 12:14 PM   #43
Dezoris

Quote:

I do not need such tactics to think. I do that just fine on my own without the insults. If he wants to make people think, and take him a little more seriously, he would try it without the insults. They simply make one question and think about his credibility.

You are correct, Honda found that they did not need the double wishbone suspension to have something that would sell. The majority of the car buyers wanted a roomier car. They have given the people that. Honda is doing what it takes to remain in business. Car enthusiasts will not keep Honda in business, the 30 year old women who are buying the car for the family will.

Also, five to 10 years ago, you could not buy performance parts for any Honda. However, give it some time, and you will see turbos and the such for the car. It will come.
Well the new Civic has suffered in car sales, compared to the 2000 model year, so I guess it is not all about what you speak of.
On a weboard, you need to raise questions and piss people off.
He may talk down to some people, but in a way he wants the truth, you dont honestly believe the new Civic is better yet you seem to want to take that position just to try to prove your point.

That is the point conflict causes understanding.

There is no winning just understanding.
And anyone who hangs here that has a 7th gen Civic and bought it to mod it will soon find out they got the wrong car, and that is a fact. The whole point of it all. Yes the 7th gen is more refined, but a less technical marval that the previous, and you can try to defend your position but in this regard that is where there is no debate, and if you dont belive that then you have some things to learn about the Civic.

Old 10-28-2001, 12:30 PM   #44
Big James

What I am defending is the fact that the car is not the girlie girl shitbox that some seem to think it is.

The Civic has always been marketed towards the same demographic. If you feel otherwise, the you have something to learn about the Civic. After a few years of the new generation, Honda will again throw the younger generation a bone and introduce a sportier version, hence the Si. However, this does not replace the fact that the Honda Civic has always been, and always will be an economy car.

You can say that people who bought a 7th gen for the purpose of modifying it bought the wrong car, however, many will say the same about your choice of Civic. Most of those people will be turbo import, or domestic owners. You see, it all boil down to a matter of opinion. Your hate for the new Civic is based on an opinion, and I repsect that. However, you seem to fail to have any respect for anyone elses opinion that differs.

Also, talking down to people and raising conflict , imo, are not what this webboard is for. Conflict does not cause understanding, logic, debate, and RESPECT cause understanding.

Old 10-28-2001, 12:52 PM   #45
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Flames
...Why do you feel the need to completly diss the hell out of someones car?... Face it, Honda is about marketing and selling lots of cars. It will sell FAR more cars by marketing them as economy cars then it will as sports coupes...
You don't seem to get it, Big Flames! The CiViC, as we have known it, doesn't exist any longer. The 'new' CiViC isn't a CiViC at all. It's a compact car built on a 'truck' chassis. You should be scolding Honda, not me...
Quote:
2001 Honda Annual Report

In reviewing the Company's automobile production for fiscal 2001, which was supported by strong sales of the all-new Civic and the Stream and Odyssey minivans [all three share the same chassis - bdc] --despite a drop in exports to Europe--Honda manufactured a total of 1,234,000 units in Japan, including complete knockdown (CKD) sets for export, an increase of 1.6% compared with the previous fiscal year. In fiscal 2002, Honda predicts domestic automobile production will increase 4.3%, to 1,287,000 units.
Please note that Honda Corp. refers to the 'new' CiViC as the "all-new Civic." Perhaps we should be doing the same. The 'old CiViC' died and was buried in 2000.
Quote:
AutoAsia Online
All-new Honda Integra has grown up
on the latest Civic platform so that it
can replace the struggling Prelude.

The first full model change on the Honda Integra for eight years replaces the Prelude in Japan, the US and Europe. Sitting on the new Civic (Global Compact) platform, the Integra is substantially larger than before...
I am offering this to you as an insight, Big Flames. Many ppl are wondering why Honda Corp. killed the 'Lude. This is the answer. It also explains why they killed the CiViC. Also note the comment about its "substantially larger size."
Quote:
Engineering.net [UK]
...In moves to improve the capacity utilization ratio at Honda of the U.K. Manufacturing (HUM) in Swindon, United Kingdom, Honda also announced plans to focus the factory on the production of models based on Honda's Global Compact Platform-including the Civic series and CR-V in order to achieve lower new model investments and higher production efficiency...
Yes, you read that right. The CiViC and CR-V will now share the same chassis also. Don't believe it?
Quote:
Edmunds.com
First Drive: 2002 Honda CR-V
Getting Better All the Time

Someday, just for the novelty, I'd like to drive an all-new car that is noticeably worse than the car it replaced. It's getting tiresome to hear how every new car these days "is new and improved!" (And yes, I missed out on the '70s/early '80s crappy American car era.)...

Alas, the 2002 Honda CR-V is not such a vehicle. It is (to my partial dismay) better in just about every regard, which is significant in that there wasn't much wrong with the CR-V to begin with. Along with the Toyota RAV4, the CR-V was one of the first compact SUVs to be built from a unibody passenger car platform [e.g. 'new' CiViC chassis - bdc].

The new CR-V is based on Honda's Global Compact Platform, the same one used for the Civic and RSX... This translates to better crash safety and ride quality. The new platform also produces less noise, vibration and harshness (NVH). Building the quietest compact SUV available was one of the key design goals...

Since it is based on the Global Compact Platform, the '02 CR-V has a MacPherson strut front suspension, a change from the previous double wishbone design. The rear double wishbone suspension has also been modified. It's worth noting that the new front and rear suspensions, as applied to the Civic and RSX, have received mild criticism [yeah, mild, right! - bdc] for not providing as high of a degree of wheel control as the double wishbones did. Given the CR-V's less sporty nature, however, the changes should be virtually undetectable.
Is it starting to sink in yet, Big Flames??

"The new CR-V is based on Honda's Global Compact Platform, the same one used for the Civic and RSX..."

"Building the quietest compact SUV available was one of the key design goals..."

"It's worth noting that the new front and rear suspensions, as applied to the Civic and RSX, have received mild criticism for not providing as high of a degree of wheel control as the double wishbones did. Given the CR-V's less sporty nature, however, the changes should be virtually undetectable..."

Am I making my point, or do you need more proof??? The CiViC, as we have known it, is dead and buried, and it isn't coming back. If you and the 'soccer moms' like it, fine. It's your choice. But, I'll be damned if you or anyone else is going to put a sock in my mouth concerning this bullsh!t. I'm spreadin' the word, bro!

Lead, follow, or get out of the way ...

That said, I'll tell you the same thing I tell my other detractors. If you don't like what I have to say, put me on your 'ignore list'. If you don't know how to do this, I'll be happy to walk you through the process.
DISCLAIMER The existence of BDC is disputable. The existence of views, in the absence
of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise
in the second order coefficient.
Old 10-28-2001, 01:11 PM   #46
Big James

Obviously it is not sinking into your head. The Civic has never been the performance car. It has always been geared towards the same crowd it is now.

True, it is the "All new Civic" however it was the all new Civic in 92 and it was the all new Civic in 97. Every generation is touted as the all new Civic. Honda is simply taking the direction they were going with the Civic and continuing it. The Honda Civic has always been geared towards the Soccer Mom, and has always been an economy car. They will throw the perfromance folka a bone in a year ad bring the Si over.

Who cares if Honda is going to design other vehicles off of the chassis. They have done it before, and will continue to do it. That is smart marketing and smart design for them.

Every point you have tried to make is nothing new. I have known about this, as have you.

I am not trying to put a sock in your mouth as far as your feelings on the vhicle. However, like stated before, I do not approve of your ridicule of others for disagreeing with you. You are acting like a child. I don't know, maybe you still are a child. Even so, your behavior is uncalled for.

Oh and the cute name calling. I am touched.

Old 10-28-2001, 01:12 PM   #47
Dezoris

Quote:
What I am defending is the fact that the car is not the girlie girl shitbox that some seem to think it is.

The Civic has always been marketed towards the same demographic. If you feel otherwise, the you have something to learn about the Civic. After a few years of the new generation, Honda will again throw the younger generation a bone and introduce a sportier version, hence the Si. However, this does not replace the fact that the Honda Civic has always been, and always will be an economy car.

You can say that people who bought a 7th gen for the purpose of modifying it bought the wrong car, however, many will say the same about your choice of Civic. Most of those people will be turbo import, or domestic owners. You see, it all boil down to a matter of opinion. Your hate for the new Civic is based on an opinion, and I repsect that. However, you seem to fail to have any respect for anyone elses opinion that differs.

Also, talking down to people and raising conflict , imo, are not what this webboard is for. Conflict does not cause understanding, logic, debate, and RESPECT cause understanding.
The people you say that will beg to differ are the very people that I can out perform on the track. Faster does not mean better, if that is what you are referring to when you say "Turbo, Domestic"

Is that is your debate, that the new Civic is better or just as good performance wise, as the previous gen? Clear this up. Seems athough you dont like the opinions here? Keep in mind opinions are generalzations, these are opinions have much fact to back them up.

All the #s dont show that the new civic is a better car unless you like the "it feels better" test.

The new SI you speak of I'll let BDC defend that, since this is his post and he has all the ammo on that Truck you mention.

Old 10-28-2001, 01:16 PM   #48
Dezoris

Quote:
Obviously it is not sinking into your head. The Civic has never been the performance car. It has always been geared towards the same crowd it is now.

True, it is the "All new Civic" however it was the all new Civic in 92 and it was the all new Civic in 97. Every generation is touted as the all new Civic. Honda is simply taking the direction they were going with the Civic and continuing it. The Honda Civic has always been geared towards the Soccer Mom, and has always been an economy car. They will throw the perfromance folka a bone in a year ad bring the Si over.

Who cares if Honda is going to design other vehicles off of the chassis. They have done it before, and will continue to do it. That is smart marketing and smart design for them.

Every point you have tried to make is nothing new. I have known about this, as have you.

I am not trying to put a sock in your mouth as far as your feelings on the vhicle. However, like stated before, I do not approve of your ridicule of others for disagreeing with you. You are acting like a child. I don't know, maybe you still are a child. Even so, your behavior is uncalled for.

Oh and the cute name calling. I am touched.
The 92 and the 96 Civic have a different body, but still share the same suspension, motor and trans mounting points etc.
The new Civic was deliberately made into a multiplatform chassis, for economical reasons and it HAS hurt their sales. not smart!
Same reason GM has been hurting on some of their vehicles

Old 10-28-2001, 10:07 PM   #49
civicbaby

The way I look at it is, that if you don't like it don't drive it. I understand that everyone has an opinion and that it has a right to be voiced. But I have a 2001 EX and I love the car, when I worked at honda we sold plenty of the new civics. If you want to know the truth, it was the prelude we had a problem selling. And I haven't ran into one problem finding parts to mod my car with. Did you happen to go to Nopi Nationals? If you did, then you would have seen all the 2001 Civics, and from the looks of it the owners of the civics didn't a bit of trouble finding parts for theirs either. Just like everyone is saying opinions are opinions, and my opinion is that if everyone else can state their opinion and expect their opinions to be respected then James and I both can. And as far as the name calling, please grow up and act your age.

Old 10-28-2001, 11:31 PM   #50
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Quote:
Originally posted by civicbaby
... I understand that everyone has an opinion and that it has a right to be voiced...
Hairshirt
(Latin cilicium; French cilice).

A garment of rough cloth made from goats' hair and worn in the form of a shirt or as a girdle around the loins, by way of mortification and penance. During the early ages of Christianity the use of hair-cloth, as a means of bodily mortification and as an aid to the wearer in resisting temptations of the flesh.
Quote:
Anita Lienert, Lienert & Lienert, a Detroit-based automotive information services company.
I guess I’m lukewarm about the ['new'] Civic because it seems like the automotive equivalent of a hairshirt... and with competitors such as the Ford Focus, the Civic looks like it was designed by a bunch of bankers. No personality.

The Civic coupe is supposed to appeal to women and buyers under 30. I can’t imagine that they will flock to such a conservative design. Remember, these kids love tattoos and body piercing. How do you individualize a vehicle like the Civic?... When I talk to younger buyers, they’re all about getting online and redoing tires and wheels, stereo systems and such.

So basically, the Civic is good for you — and the environment — and it’s no fun. It won’t get you noticed. That’s why I think it’s only average and gave it two out of four stars.
DISCLAIMER The existence of BDC is disputable. The existence of views, in the absence
of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise
Old 10-29-2001, 04:51 AM   #51
Big James

BDC,
I understand and respect your opinion on the new Civic. However, simply becuase it does not appeal to you, does not mean it is a shitbox. In actuallity, it is a very nice car. It just does not meet your expectations.

Dezoris,
I am not saying that faster is better. What I am saying is that no matter what you buy, people are going to wonder what the hell you were thinking. Just like BDC is saying anyone who modifies one is making a mistake, there are people saying the same about you.

My debate here is simple, while the Civic is not what it used to be as far, and in fact a different car, it is not a shitbox. It appeals to many people. You say that sales have gone down on it, I would like to remind you that sales on almost every car has gone down. That is a direct reflection of the economy. The Civic has its market, and for its market, it is a great car.

Oh yeah, BDC thanks for quoting me in your signature.

Old 10-29-2001, 06:07 AM   #52
Dezoris

Quote:

My debate here is simple, while the Civic is not what it used to be as far, and in fact a different car...

Ok, enough said.
They killed everything that made it a sucess, and are riding on its name to make sales. They now have a more solid chassis, and nicer interior accomodations, something you can get in other cars for cheaper.

Old 10-29-2001, 10:56 AM   #53
civicbaby

So basically, the Civic is good for you — and the environment — and it’s no fun. It won’t get you noticed. That’s why I think it’s only average and gave it two out of four stars. I'm not trying to get noticed, but apparently you are with you talking about your HX with an exhaust. I have a subtle body kit and wheels on my car, I don't think that is trying to get noticed. Not only that I have had critics about the new civic, and they were very respectful when critiquing my car, just as I were to them about their car. And there is a difference in being respectful with comments and just plainly not having any tact in what your comments are about. LIke I said before everyone has opinions and a right to be voiced and to be respected, just the same as myself and James. I'm not trying to be noticed, I just wanted to buy the most dependable, affordable everyday car. But if you don't like my car or anyone else that has the new civic then say what you have to and don't be disrespectful about it. No one is making you buy the car or drive the car or pay for the car, so get over if you don't like. I know I get up in the mornings to go to work to pay for my car and I get tired of people like you saying that my car is a "girliegirl shitbox". Just because you don't like the civic doesn't mean that the car is a piece of shit or it is bad or that it should be taken off the market. If the car sales Honda will continue to make it, just the same as any other car manufacturer.

Old 10-29-2001, 11:23 AM   #54
darkcivic

The new Civic is a girly car? And what the old one isn't than, right?
So your belief is that they changed the Civic from a formula-1 race car to economy car? No bud, it's the same it's always been, an economy car. Are you that dissillusioned? Do you think you own a race car? The new Civic no longer stands out? You mean, stand out like the 40 million 6th gens? Gee, I never see any of those around. I think that your reason for bashing the 7th gen stems to a larger problem in your life. Look at how upset you get over a car you don't even have. Pathetic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg darkcivic-engine.jpg (74.3 KB, 46 views)

Old 10-29-2001, 07:03 PM   #55
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by darkcivic
Pathetic.

I gotta agree...the reason why is because...When I was 16 and the new rich girl pulled up in her civic hatch I heard soooo many comments about why would anyone want that car....its just a chick car. Well I got news for you...it may have always been a chick car and always will be. No matter what...it's a dope car, and always will be. People have to realize that in today's market. All cars are changing. (eg. Mustang 5.0 going to a 4.6L) Everyone is downsizing. No matter what. I still like em. And other people may not...oh well.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
Old 10-29-2001, 09:54 PM   #56
MrCLoWnY

i think we need to stop bashing on the new civics. especially since we have people in hondasytle that owns it. I mean i seen some your rides and i personally thought that it was Whacked but i didn't say anything. LEts not talk Smack in here. FOr I come in PEace....

Old 10-29-2001, 11:53 PM   #57
Dezoris

Quote:
So your belief is that they changed the Civic from a formula-1 race car to economy car? No bud, it's the same it's always been, an economy car. Are you that dissillusioned? Do you think you own a race car? The new Civic no longer stands out? You mean, stand out like the 40 million 6th gens? Gee, I never see any of those around. I think that your reason for bashing the 7th gen stems to a larger problem in your life. Look at how upset you get over a car you don't even have. Pathetic.

You guys have to defend it, you own it you pay for it, but the truth is, it will never perform as well as the previous gen(s).

Its engine, (2k1, 2k2 have the the VTEC-E system, which BDC can run down quite well) The suspesnion, is not geared for major modification, and I can prove this to you!!

We all know what is better about it, in many ways it is, but its over all capabilities are limited, due to its design. It is more a economy/compact car than it ever has been. I agree Honda has always designed it this way, but during the previous gen design, the import scene was not like it was today, and in many ways, which I have read reports that Honda wanted to eliminate the cars capabilities for engine swaps and other mods with the design of the 7th gen, this was not something they ever had to do before. This is the point, the car has been "dumbed down" unlike previous generations, for many reasons, mainly money.

Old 10-30-2001, 09:27 PM   #58
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Quote:
Honda has done it again with 2001 Civic
By James R. Healey, USA TODAY

...Onto that swing-dance floor waltzes a pretty darn conservative '01 Civic, handsome where others are flashy. Can Civic's light-touch blush and faint fragrance stand up to the wild lipstick and heavy perfume of the others? Or has Honda, despite hard work, finally run out of luck, staying restrained when it should have gotten wild?... [The 'new'] Civic won't intercept any spike-haired, cheek-ringed hipsters en route to the Ford Focus store, nor is it meant to...

If Civic stumbles, it'll be almost entirely from relative lack of sex appeal... Honda's got solid reasons to believe that conservatism is the right path. Consider:
  • Civic sells mainly to women, often serious-minded, professional women early in their careers. Honda figures they're more likely to favor enduring, appropriate design over exciting design.
  • Civic buyers are almost rabidly loyal by auto-industry standards. About half come back for another Civic — not just another Honda — and don't even consider something besides a Civic, Honda says its research shows...
  • Civic buyers come from $50,000-a-year households, plus or minus...
  • Honda research showed that [Yuppie] Civic owners often have sport-utility vehicles, too, and have trouble getting both into their garages. So the '01 Civic is slightly shorter than the car it replaces, but is taller, allowing it to be bigger inside and have a bigger trunk while taking less garage space. Interior room is up 3%, enough to get Civic classed a compact by the government's standards, up from subcompact previously...
... the car has a bit of the front-end whacka-thump-clunk sound on severe bumps. The harshness has plagued many good Japanese [MacPherson strut] models for years... Civic doesn't sound like the whole front suspension is about to fall out, as some do, but front-end clatter is still annoying...
Old 10-30-2001, 10:00 PM   #59
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Come on now. No flaming. Just take a deep breath.........
Old 10-30-2001, 11:31 PM   #60
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

BAH! BAH! Black Sheep, Have You Any Wool ???

Quote:
Originally posted by Dezoris
...Its engine, (2k1, 2k2 have the the VTEC-E system, which BDC can run down quite well...
This is the biggest farce of all. The EX and HX have always had the same amount of power. A stock HX can easily beat a stock EX in a race because of its' lighter weight, but sheeple still insist the EX makes more HP; Honda says so...

Well, get this! The 2001/2002 CiViC EX's now come from the factory with HX motors under the hood, and they STILL claim the EX makes more power. Are ppl really this dumb?

Quote:
Civic HX Coupe

A 117-horsepower 16-valve VTEC-E lean-burn engine is not only powerful, but efficient. A 5-speed manual transmission is standard and a continuously variable transmission (CVT) is available. All the DC features are here as well, plus there's cruise control, lightweight 14-inch allow wheels, an AM/FM stereo cassette, a front passenger walk-in seat, power door locks, power mirrors, a tachometer and an available remote entry system. Wit the HX you're getting the most out of every tank of gas.

Civic EX Coupe

The sportiest of the sporty. The performance and efficiency of this 127-horsepower 16-valve VTEC-E engine are truly impressive. As is the extensive list of features. Everything that's on the LX is also on this model, as well as a power moon-roof with tilt feature, an anti-lock braking system (ABS) P185/65 R15 all-season tires, 15-inch allow wheels, a rear stabilizer bar, a CD player, a remote entry system and a rear beverage holder.
Old 10-30-2001, 11:43 PM   #61
Dezoris

Re: BAH! BAH! Black Sheep, Have You Any Wool ???

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackDeuceCoupe
This is the biggest farce of all. The EX and HX have always had the same amount of power. A stock HX can easily beat a stock EX in a race because of its' lighter weight, but sheeple still insist the EX makes more HP; Honda says so...

Well, get this! The 2001/2002 CiViC EX's now come from the factory with HX motors under the hood, and they STILL claim the EX makes more power. Are ppl really this dumb?

Why are they still quoting different power ratings between the 2 now????

We knew the difference between the 6th gen HX/EX in the valvetrain, but now there is none? right?

If there is none then you have your victory!!!!!! True fudging!!
There was some argument before (for minor technical reasons)
but not now

Old 10-31-2001, 11:24 AM   #62
darkcivic

For the 7th gen civic, the HX and EX motors are the same. The difference is the gear ratio. Although I don't know the specifics, I have talked to other 7th gen owners with EX's and this is what I've found. In 5th gear, going 80mph in an EX, rpm's are @4000.
For the HX, in 5th gear @80mph, my rpm's are @3000. Lower rpm's=better gas mileage that the HX is famous for. So I think that the difference lies in the gear ratio/transmission. Also, the downpipe, headers, and exhaust are different.

Old 10-31-2001, 11:25 PM   #63
Dezoris

Quote:
For the 7th gen civic, the HX and EX motors are the same. The difference is the gear ratio. Although I don't know the specifics, I have talked to other 7th gen owners with EX's and this is what I've found. In 5th gear, going 80mph in an EX, rpm's are @4000.
For the HX, in 5th gear @80mph, my rpm's are @3000. Lower rpm's=better gas mileage that the HX is famous for. So I think that the difference lies in the gear ratio/transmission. Also, the downpipe, headers, and exhaust are different.
Honda rates the cars HP not at the wheels, so how would this effect HP

Old 11-01-2001, 09:31 PM   #64
2000_Honda_Si

You should feel challenged to take these cars and make them really faster. Honda does not build cars for us to mod.

Old 11-02-2001, 06:09 PM   #65
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by 2000_Honda_Si
You should feel challenged to take these cars and make them really faster. Honda does not build cars for us to mod.

Which is true.

I also gotta say that you have to take the new civic for what it's worth. Do you think that in 1992 when they released the new civic that they had B18c5 engine swap kits in mind. Or were going to release and sell a million f**king after market parts a day to make these things faster. NO. They made them for economy cars. Not for young guy's and gurls to put big wings on the back and body kits on. So i just say deal with it...enjoy the car....and wait for newer better products to be released for us to make them fast.
::

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
Old 03-13-2002, 06:14 PM   #66
Tuaca05

Lets all face it...Honda is just trying to get away from the image they are begining to get. They no longer make a nice car as far as IM concerned, other than the 2 door accord for another year. You cant blame them....there is much more profit to be made with shitty "mom mobiles"

Old 03-13-2002, 11:28 PM   #67
4jacks

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackDeuceCoupe

IMO, any guy that buys one of these 'girlie' cars has serious personal issues that need to be addressed.

My big Question is how the F*CK did you become a Moderator ???

I Mean Come on !!! Your Basicly Saying I bought a Girlie Car and have issues... ????

WTF are you thinking... LOOK AT THE REST OF THE CARS ON THE MARKET !!!! I spent the Longest time deciding on my 02 Civic Coupe HX. It was either that or the Mitsu Mirage, but the Civic has more aftermarket parts, better gas milage and A sportier Image... Yes it's NOT A SPORTS car... But i can't afford a sports car just yet. It's still nice looking and it still can be tweeked out the arse. Your upset because it's 500lbs heavier and they use the same chassis as thier Minivan. Big Deal that Smart production. I think the Big wigs at Honda have a Little bit more Book Knowledge, Experience, and probably a lot more personality than YOU.

SO If you DONT LIKE MY CIVIC DON'T MOD MY FORUM!!!

I'm sorry I haven't read the rest of the 5 pages of post.. this comment just really pissed me off.

Happy Honda'ing
Old 03-14-2002, 12:02 AM   #68
4jacks

Ok I read the whole 5 pages of BDC trashing my Car.

I still say GET a GRIP... Don't Trash Me, I didn't come here for it. If you wanna say the 01-02 Civic has a worse Body Chasis then just F-ing say it. But get a life, someone buying a NEW car isn't going investigate Honda's Whole History of Vechiles and decide to get a USED one just so they can have Double wish bone suspension.

Bottom line is Just state your Case. Dont Call me a Moron, when all you can do is quote people writing articles for newspapers.
And if you Continue to act like an As$Hole please post up those instructions on how to add you to the ignore list... I'm new here .

Happy Honda'ing
Old 03-14-2002, 01:55 AM   #69
Lovebuzz13

Ignore list- It's in your user CP

*CLICK*

Closed Thread