::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2002, 07:49 PM   #1
HondaTypeJ

Door guards...shaved off?

I am not sure what they are called. Door gaurds...side moldings? Anyway, I am talking about the molding that runs on both sides of my car. I want to get that shaved down and then repaint. My question really is, roughly...how much do you think it will cost me? Also for the rear area on the trunk (the indent where my licence plate is at). Its a 96 Civic 4 dr. Thanks for any input.
Old 03-22-2002, 09:20 AM   #2
lx4life

you migh tbe looking at around $500 depending on where you live at i would call around first and make sure the shop knows what they are doing cause i am getting mine done but they are just going to bondo fill the indent and as for the license plate area it should only cost about $200 or maybe less cause they have to weld then bondo fill the gaps and primer
Old 03-22-2002, 12:21 PM   #3
Whtehnda93DXSdn
It has 4 Doors...

Wel I have been looking to do this to my 93 DX Sedan and haven;t done to much research as to pricing as of yet. It wil depend on the shop you go to and the Quality of there work as far as price goes and that varies from shop to shop and state to state..

I would think a resonable and good price would be between 200-500 for that....Just my tid bit for you...
Old 03-22-2002, 04:28 PM   #4
BrandonClaps

are u talking about the ones that run horizontal or vertical? I think the ones that run horizontal make the car look good, with it shaved it doesn't look the greastest.
Old 03-22-2002, 05:46 PM   #5
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

You also have to realize THAT...some mouldings are actually in the door...what I mean is when you take them off you have holes in your door...so the body shop is going to charge more and take more time.

I don't know about hondas though if they have holes to hold the mouldings on.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 10:52 PM   #6
BrandonClaps

uhm, i think it would be the same price no matter what. They probably cut the molding out right above it and weld in a filler