::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2003, 12:34 AM   #1
maikoshi

Lights

Ok, yall know that I'm new so get ready for the dumb questions to flow.

One of my headlights is messed up, so I have to get a new one. I thought eh, I might as well get some spiffier ones than the ones I already have.. and here is where I become totally lost.

Do these go with these?

I have a black car, and I don't know how all of the blacks will go together. I don't want it to look all messed up.

Advice?... please?
Old 03-31-2003, 02:40 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i think they look allright but i am more worried about the light output

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 02:44 AM   #3
1badcivic

I think they will look pretty cool together. But it's up to you it's your car. If you like it go for it.
Old 03-31-2003, 12:56 PM   #4
Civic98

yeah they look nice together....
Old 03-31-2003, 02:19 PM   #5
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

yeah...the corners are nice...but the main unit looks bad and I would really think that its output is just junk...
get some OE replacements off eGay if you really need new ones...theyre not gonna leak and light output it optimum...dont get aftermarket show-y lights unless you NEVER drive at night...trust me...(plus theyre probably going to leak and that would piss you off)
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 09:32 PM   #6
maikoshi

Leak? o_O Ill look on ebay + see what I find n see what you guys think.

and 1badcivic - I know it's my choice ultimatly, but I don't want crappity lights + I like to know what im gettin into because I have nothing to base this on. And I don't have a lot to spend really, so I can't just waste my money + be like Oh well, I don't think these will work out for me. If that makes sense.
Old 03-31-2003, 10:05 PM   #7
maikoshi

what about these heheee.

Yeah I know they are showy but I like em'
Old 04-01-2003, 07:27 AM   #8
pdiggitydogg

that seller is a chump
honestly...dont get that aftermarket stuff for headlights...stick w/ oem...the dont leak, theyre not rice, and they will give you the best output...trust me, I should know
Old 04-01-2003, 01:50 PM   #9
maikoshi

What do you mean a chump? Splain yaself.

can you just get brighter bulbs? i dunno..

Hondaman told me I could seal them or some junk. So if I seal them & get brighter bulbs will that work?

I don't care that they are ricey. hehe
Old 04-01-2003, 02:00 PM   #10
pdiggitydogg

I only ever hear about complaints from people that buy from procarparts.com (i dont care about the high rating...thats not what matters in the long run...over 1000 negatives is REALLY high...no matter what you positive is)

yeah you can seal them w/ silicone to stop them from leaking...that works pretty good

its the pattern that Id be worried about. Honda doesnt just throw on lights that look good, they design them to be functional as well. These lights that youre looking at are probably just designed to look good (I dont care what it says...hondas are better). Even if you get super bright bulbs, the pattern that the housings emit might suck ass...and I'd be willing to bet that they do. Plus I doubt they have any kind of adjustability in them, like the oem ones...so whatever angle you get, you get...tough.

But if you like em...get em. Thats what this whole thing is all about. But if they suck, dont be surprised. I would suggest you use some aux lights w/ them if the pattern is crap...that would help. Just be prepared for them not to be as functional as the stockers.
Old 04-01-2003, 02:26 PM   #11
maikoshi

I guess I'm just wondering how bad they will suck since the lights I already have are dim as hell. And one of them is way brighter than the other.

Ehhhh I'll keep lookin' + update later I guess. Since I know everyone is just clinging to the edge of their seat wondering..
Old 04-01-2003, 02:43 PM   #12
pdiggitydogg

well...it might be that your harnesses have a problem...I think you should take out the bulbs from the housing and THEN turn em on...see if one is still dimmer/brighter than the other...and then swap bulbs...see if that changes anything. (dont buy new ones just move one bulb to the other side and vise versa)

If theyre the same bightness (out of the housings and after swapping bulbs) then maybe clean the current housings...they might just be filthy...

after all that is done...try getting new housings
Old 04-01-2003, 03:46 PM   #13
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well i bought from them, and my clear corners leaked within 5 days. and theyr service for busineses sucks

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 06:27 PM   #14
pdiggitydogg

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
theyr service for busineses sucks

told ya
Old 04-01-2003, 07:03 PM   #15
maikoshi

Ok, I'll do the bulb switcharoo & clean it then see what's up. But I don't want you to think that's the only reason I'm looking for new ones.. because they are dim. It's all cracked & a peice of the plastic that holds it into place is missing.
Old 04-01-2003, 07:22 PM   #16
pdiggitydogg

I really recommend going back to oems if yours are in bad shape...but I also dont want to try and convince you of doing something that you dont want to do...I just want you to know that oem is best
Old 04-02-2003, 01:07 PM   #17
maikoshi

I've decided to just stay with the ghetto light for now. I just remembered I have too many other things to pay for before lights for my car. Damn. But thanks for the advice, cuz eventually I'll get some ca$h. And I will stick with oems.. even though I kinda don't wanna.
Old 04-03-2003, 01:28 PM   #18
DavidH

you could always just get some new bulbs. i have my original headlights in there but i put in some PIAA bulbs, makes a HUGE difference in brightness/color =) the PIAAs ran me about 70 bux for the pair.