::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2002, 03:36 PM   #1
ming

Exclamation Stereo Help!

Here's my situation.. I have a 2002 Accord EX Sedan. While the sound is pretty decent I'd like to improve the quality of sound. I asked an employee at the Good Guys and he told me that the system was 15 RMS or 20 at the most. I'm not sure I want to buy an amp and sub just yet. I was just looking to replace the head unit as well as the 6.5" and 6x9 speakers. My budget is somewhat open but I want something that will be the best overall value. I listen to mostly R&B, Rap, and Techno. I also occasionally listen to Alternative as well.

I'm not sure which receiver I should get. If I end up not getting an amp, I was looking to get one of the Alpine head units with the 60x4 watts. However, I was also looking at some of the Sony receivers.. the ones with the cd try that comes out. I heard that those skip because it's a tray. How are Alpine and Sony in general for car audio? Are there any head units you would recommend that are under $400?

As for the speakers I was looking to get the Infinity Kappa's for both the 6.5" and the 6x9. What do you think about that idea or are there any other speakers you would recommend? In the future I may get a sub and amp, but with the current setup: Alpine 60x4 head unit and Infinity Kappa's all around I'm hoping to achieve a better sounding unit with some more bass. Do you think this setup would okay for that? Also, if I were to get an amp later on, is there any you would recommend? Preferabbly nothing over $300 or so. As for the subs, I may or may not get them later on. I've seen many subs but am turned off by the large amount of space they take up in the trunk. I saw an article about the MTX Thunderforms and thought that I might get that if I were to ever get subs. What is your opinion on those?
Old 09-05-2002, 04:54 PM   #2
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

Sony is garbage imho.. Alpine is nice.. Panasonic is nice.. Pioneer is nice..

for speakers go with either pioneer premiers, infinities, or MB Quarts..

Amps.. i run 2 MTX's but they were expensive... as far as cheap amps i dunno

as far as subs... Kickers or JL's... (mmmm W7.. yummmmmy)

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:
Anonymous: Yea but a car has 4 heads, so it's headers!

Me: Or.. you could say that a car has one head...
TonitrusEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 07:32 PM   #3
Spazum888
3rd Gear

head units i would go wit pioneer... speakers i would go wit infinities or kenwoods or pioneer... subs i would go wit JL

Girls are like internet domain names, the ones I like are already taken.
well, you can stil get one from a strange country :-P
Spazum888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 08:42 AM   #4
bootstrap

i have the pioneer 8400, my friend has that alpine 60*4 watt head unit... they are both very nice .. i have kicker L5 sub its very good, and pioneer 3 ways all the way around
Old 09-16-2002, 10:12 PM   #5
alpine3069

i have the alpine cda 7893 head unit and i love it. it does not skip and it looks good. i would go with the kappa's if that is what you are looking at. for subs look at jl's or alpine.
Old 09-17-2002, 06:40 AM   #6
crx swap

Quote:
Originally posted by alpine3069
i have the alpine cda 7893 head unit and i love it. it does not skip and it looks good. i would go with the kappa's if that is what you are looking at. for subs look at jl's or alpine.

I couldnt have said it better
Old 09-18-2002, 11:36 AM   #7
guprestyle
1st Gear

Don't get a sony deck for sure, go wit an alpine or kenwood. Sony decks are known to blow now. As for mids, go with kappas or mb quarts, if you are going to get subs eventually i highly recommend these speakers because they will give u a very clear voice. For subs i like jl audio, and kickers the most. Also if you get a 60x4 or whatever for the deck, taht doesnt mean its goign to run at that level, it will run at that level if you have an amp on it, look at the rms to find out how many watts you'll be getting.

guprestyle
2002coupev6
guprestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 08:18 AM   #8
BizzlePizzle

dont go with a clarion either...even if it looks bad ass....cause you'll buy it, take it home, install it and it wont play cd's when your car is running but will when the car is off! THEN YOULL TAKE IT BACK AND BEST BUY WONT DO JACK! AHHHH!!!!

just a little advice from bizzle
Old 10-20-2002, 03:13 PM   #9
GSteg

for speaker, go with JL audio (can't believe i'm recommending this )or CDT audio. focal polyflex coaxials are nice. crystal mobile sound speakers cost about $100, but they will compete with speakers twice their price range.