Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2006, 12:56 AM   #41
thermal
Banning Machine

.....searching..........

I watch X3 today since I got bored and ADC is still down. I must say that I'm so disappointed on this X trilogy. It fuckin sucked ass! This third one made it even worse. They should've just stuck with Animation. I cant believe that Marvel allowed the movie industry to twist the comic series too much..... I dont even want to see what kind of shit they will reinvent on Ghost Rider.....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 03:20 AM   #42
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Marvel is actually supposed to be launching their own film studio so they don't have to share with companies like Fox. It makes sense, I guess...but all those comic book movies will just suck that much more. Seriously...comic books are for kids. Leave it alone.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 04:08 AM   #43
dabouncerx24

X2 was ok, but yeah, X3 sucked ass.

Just downloaded Black Night...
dabouncerx24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 06:28 AM   #44
thermal
Banning Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT40FIED
..... Seriously...comic books are for kids. Leave it alone.
that was a loooong time ago. Just saying that they should have based the movie close to the original......

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 06-30-2006, 09:06 AM   #45
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Update: District B13 is seriously awesome. Who knew the French would finally make a decent movie? There's a lot of really decent martial arts and those guys move around buildings like fucking spider monkeys. There's an english dub version out there, but I recommend the french version with subtitles. Any dubbed film loses a bit of it's appeal.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 06-30-2006, 10:05 AM   #46
thermal
Banning Machine

^yeah I just Dl'd it and took a quick peek. There are some French ricers in there.... ha ha ha...

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 06-30-2006, 12:46 PM   #47
Mischief

where can I get said movie?

http://mensalmanac.com
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 02:53 PM   #48
thermal
Banning Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischief
where can I get said movie?
www.isohunt.com

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 06-30-2006, 04:35 PM   #49
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

^Indeed. I'm pretty sure it's on Torrentspy, too.

Old 06-30-2006, 10:33 PM   #50
thermal
Banning Machine

ok, jus finished watching B13. Good shit. Good action. Finally, a movie with a plot......... good find Steve.... next?

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 07-01-2006, 01:12 AM   #51
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Have I ever steered you wrong, Arnel?

Things are starting to dry up for me at the moment, but I'll keep you posted.

Edit: The more I watch District B13, the thinner the plot seems. It's not Steven "Same Thing" Segal bad (thanks to Aerorob454's dad for that), but it's not too interesting altogether. But then again, you're not watching it for the plot/dialogue, are you?

Last edited by GT40FIED : 07-01-2006 at 09:10 AM.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:16 AM   #52
AeroRob454

Steve is right. The plot is there only to kill the time inbetween the action scenes. Which are insane. I've only seen the "dubbed" version in which the used a mix of English, Irish, and American voice actors. I don't quite understand why they did this, but the voices seem to fit the characters. So it's not that ridiculous. I'd much rather watch the subtitled version to get a real hold on things.

I believe this movie was made because Luc Besson was called out by one of the many crazy-ass Thai films that Steve and I have seen. Although I looked his bio up on IMDB.com and it says he was a co-producer for Ong Bak. Ah, the plot thins. You all know him best for his work - The Transporter and The Transporter II.

The movie itself is WAY too short, but it manages to get right to the point. And that point is " you WISH you could do this kinda shit."
AeroRob454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 05:31 PM   #53
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroRob454
You all know him best for his work - The Transporter and The Transporter II.

You forgot "Leon: The Professional".

Old 07-06-2006, 02:29 AM   #54
dabouncerx24

GT did you watch Election? what about SPL? Dragon Squad? Very good cop/ganster movies.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:32 AM   #55
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Dragon Squad sounds quite familiar...dunno about the others. I just kind of stumble across stuff.

Old 07-06-2006, 12:37 PM   #56
dabouncerx24

Well, just watch SPL if not the other two. It's one hell of a cop/ganster flick. I'm sure you're pretty familiar with the martial artists in that one (no, not Jet).
Old 08-18-2006, 09:44 AM   #57
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I had to resurrect this one from the dead just because I've seen so much good shit lately.

SPL - Simply awesome action/cop flick
Dragon Squad - Non-stop action and blood flick
Dragon Tiger Gate - Awesome Donnie Yen flick with much ass-kickery (just as SPL delivers)
Death Trance - Japanese weirdness with vampires, zombies, swords, guns, some dude with a coffin, and a purely surrealistic ending
SARS Wars - Fucking hilarious Thai horror/comedy flick
Dragon Reloaded - I nearly pissed myself laughing
The Edukators - Sure, it's German, but it's damn good
Flirting Scholar - Hilarious Stephen Chow flick
Undercover Hidden Dragon - Another hilarious Ronald Chueng flick

There were others, but I forget right now. I just noticed how many flicks I watched with "dragon" in the title. Hahaha...I rule.

Last edited by GT40FIED : 08-18-2006 at 09:48 AM.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:00 PM   #58
Mischief

Have you seen Fearless Steve? I thought that was a good movie.

Old 08-18-2006, 05:09 PM   #59
dabouncerx24

I think in this same thread he stated that he watched Fearless.

Steve, there is also Dragon Reloaded II. The correct title of the Stephen Chow would be FlirtONG Scholar...incorrect in the English language, yes, but I'm sure you'll figure out why since you watched it.

Watch the Shopaholics, it has none other than Cecilia Cheung in there. Hot as usual, but she also speaks some cute Japanese/English/French in the movie. Good searching .
Old 08-18-2006, 08:52 PM   #60
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Yeah...Fearless is just an awesome flick. At least Jet Li got out of the martial arts movie game on top. But it'll be interesting to see if he really stays out of fighting flicks. I mean...what the hell else would he do?

So would Dragon Reloaded II be Dragon Loaded III? Or is it Undercover Hidden Dragon. If there is a third installment that isn't Undercover Hidden Dragon and it stars Ronald Cheng, I don't even see it on IMDB. And you're right...the correct title of Flirting Scholar does make more sense, but it makes it confusing to an english speaking audience.

And honestly, as hot as Cecilia Cheung is, she mostly does romantic kind of stuff...not my style. I loved her in My Kung Fu Sweetheart just because she was super hot and she did the fight scenes. Arnel is the one who's absolutely obsessed with her.

Old 08-21-2006, 05:46 PM   #61
Mischief

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabouncerx24
I think in this same thread he stated that he watched Fearless.

To be honest I really didn't read most of this thread..

Old 08-21-2006, 06:16 PM   #62
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Chris, if you liked Fearless, I strongly suggest watching Dragon Tiger Gate or Arahan. Both have the same sort of really intense fight scenes. Plus Arahan is pretty damn funny. I think Dragon Tiger Gate was based on a comic book (Bouncer would probably know)...and it's got Donnie Yen (better known as Iron Monkey).

Old 08-21-2006, 07:30 PM   #63
Mischief

I'll have to check em out, thanks for the suggestions Steve.

Old 10-02-2006, 05:34 PM   #64
dabouncerx24

Steve, DTG's story licked balls. The fighting scenes were ok until it they went all computer imagery on your ass.

I'm set to watch Dog Bite Dog, said to be one of the most violent films from HK in years.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:03 PM   #65
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Yeah...DTG had a weak story, but c'mon...it's not like that's why you were watching it. I just wanted to see Donnie Yen and Nicolas Tse stomp some ass. On that end, it paid off. Easily one of Yen's more impressive performances. Kind of reminded me of older Biao Yuen films. What ever happened to that guy, anyway?

Anyhow...The City Of Violence is pretty damn good for a cop/martial arts flick. In typical Korean style it starts off as a rather mediocre good-cop-gets-vengeance-for-friend story and end up in a final fight scene lasting a good 20 minutes where 2 guys take on 100 guys and ruin their shit. I'll have to check out Dog Bite Dog. If it's even close to as violent as Hard Boiled or the first 2 A Better Tomorrow movies, I'll be happy. Currently I'm downloading a Tony Jaa movie from '99 called Spirited Killer. That...and a Stephen Chow flick called King Of Beggars

Old 10-03-2006, 10:24 AM   #66
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

W00t! Double post

Hey bouncer...maybe you can explain something to me. I just got done watching Dog Bite Dog and I don't get it's rating. Sure, it had a bit of fairly brutal violence and a lot of scenes that suggested things without actually showing them, but how in the world did it get an HK Category III rating? Hell...John Woo has gotten away with way more violence and gore and still received a IIB rating. All in all, I thought it was a bit of a disappointment. Just another "cold blooded killer with a good heart while cops track him down" kind of flick.

Old 10-03-2006, 11:27 AM   #67
dabouncerx24

Can't answer you yet bro, didn't get around to watch it yet. Maybe it's the type of violence, since we all are so used to semi-automatic weapons firing in parking lots.