.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Wheels, Tires, Suspension, and Brakes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2002, 12:04 AM   #1
snowfire79

going from 15" to 18"; anything i should know????

this is my fist car to have fixied up nicely. i have never replaced the wheels on a car before and want to make sure i dont spend a big chunk of change with out knowing what i am doing first. i have a 1998 honda accord ex 4 cylinder sedan.

this is the link to the wheels:
http://www.seffects.com/catalog/prod...e=FOC173-8703S

and this is the link to someone else's car located on cardomain.com; this is the car i saw that made me choose these rims:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/cdiddy42

any input anybody thinks is important that i should know, please leave. like i've seen larger brakese advertised for larger wheels, and then theres that whole offset thing. and even though i have read about, i'm still half clueless. can any tire that fits the rims be used and if so, what tire do any of you think is the best?

thanks for any and all input!!
Old 11-26-2002, 08:36 AM   #2
spoogenet

What width tire do you want to go with?

For the Accords it is usually recommended to go with 215/45/18. Personally I prefer 225, so then the size would be 225/40/18. Be sure to get the correct wheel width, though. I'm not sure if 7.5" or 8" is the correct for our Accords.

The correct offset will help minimize the risk of tire rub. If the tires stick out too much you may need to roll your fenders for them to fit. I think +42 and +45 are the usual recommended offsets for the 6th gens, however I'm not sure which one is preferable.

I'm still rolling on stock steelies and plan on eventually getting some 18's myself. Best advice I could give is for you to try to get in touch with someone rolling on 18's and ask them what width, offset, tire size, etc. they have. Also how much they have lowered matters as well. Then, when you're done with that homework assignment, be sure to report back to me with what you find.

b
Old 11-28-2002, 04:53 AM   #3
4jacks

I went from 14's to 18's... it's no big deal

Since they are on that other accord, it's pretty much garunteed they'll fit yours.
Read the posts labelled Sticky in this forum, for info on offset and what not.
There is a link in the Tire Info Sticky, that helps out with wheel size

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote