::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Step By Step
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2003, 07:23 AM   #1
vtectuned

Air/Fuel

so the white wire is to the primary o2 sensor. damn haynes manual told me it was one of the black and white wires.
Old 07-27-2003, 02:44 PM   #2
thermal
Banning Machine

is this for your 96 civic? It should be pin 6 on the 32p harness blk/wht wire

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 01:01 AM   #3
vtectuned

air/fuel

that's what i thought, but my air fuel guage is reading weird. it idles between lean to stoich, and after every cycle the last bar on rich lights up. is there something wrong with my engine? no check engine light is on and i'm sure if my o2 sensor was bad , it would throw a code.
Old 07-28-2003, 10:03 PM   #4
thermal
Banning Machine

It's not a very acurate monitoring device on normal driving. It will normally bounce up and down on idle and partial throttle or normal driving. What you need to worry about is when you press the "pedal to the metal", which is what we call WOT (Wide Open Throttle) the gauge should read rich or stoich. Mine reads rich which is what I wanted.

You have to understand how this A/F gauge work. These A/F gauges are only designed to read a massive exhaust gas flow changes from the exhaust system which is sent through a signal by the O2 sensor. That is why, it is best and more acurate during WOT, since that will be the time when a massive flow of exhaust gas passes by on the installed O2 sensor. The reason why it bounces up and down at idle or partial throttle, is because it only registers a signal change on every tenth of a volt. If not, it will just act as a light show........

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote