.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2002, 08:50 PM   #1
xunkn0vvnx

Tornado fuelsaver, Z-max, Timing Booster, Real or Gimmicks ???

So what do you think about the Tornado Fuel Saver, jackson racings ignition kit, Z-max, and also this new timing kit supposedly to increase your hp by 20 pooints, WHICH GIMMICK WORKS AND HOW MUCH DOES IT WORK ?? HP gains and Mileage gains ??

heres the link to the timing kit:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1855647646
Old 09-01-2002, 10:30 PM   #2
SilverCoupe2K1

Based on what I've read:

The Tornado system...(which is basically a fan-blade that funnels air into the box in a tornado shape) does increase HP based on dyno tests. (Apparently 8 to 12 HP) The amount of power varies based on your car. It does also save in fuel by apparently providing a better air/fuel mixture. Both differences are said to be more pronounced on American make cars, rather than imports...however the explanation behind this is unclear. (Something to do with the torque-iness of American models I believe...) If someone understands the reasoning, an explanation would be greatly appreciated.

The Z-Max system also produces slight gains (said to be in the 5 to 10 HP range) however I have not seen dyno information on this. From what I've read these gains are more pronounced in older model cars that do not operate as efficiently as a newer model.

I haven't read anything about the kits, so hopefully someone else can say something about those...

IMPORTANT: You should be skeptical when reading the reports and viewing infommercials that are by the company itself. Often, the tests are done under "ideal" circumstances that cannot be replicated in the real world. Your best bet is to find someone that has actually purchased the product and can give you their personal experience.
Old 09-02-2002, 04:36 AM   #3
accordboy00

Keep an eye out for Dateline specials. They always do consumer product tests. I've seen the tornado infomercial, and was curious myself. Dont think it will work too good with an AEM cold air intake though.
Old 09-02-2002, 10:20 AM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i think the tornado might work, but i've heard that often it gets sucked into the tb, causing more problems in the long run.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 12:57 PM   #5
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

There is no way the tornado gives you 12 hp! A good intake won't even get you that. And Zmax won't get you 10 either. That would be a VERY cheap and simple 22hp gain. Not practical. The zmax might help your car run better, but that's all. If you're spending money on one of the above, get a nice ignition, but only after you get I/H/E.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 01:15 PM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

ha ha. i just looked at the advance timing kit and it can be done free. you just need to advance the ignition timing on your distributor. what is the z-max kit anyway ? those fluids ?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 04:03 PM   #7
xunkn0vvnx

yes it is
Old 09-03-2002, 01:01 PM   #8
rakugaki

man...the tornado's a piece of s'''... from what i've heard, all it does is make the incoming air swirl around like a tornado. air is less dense therefore your losing more hp than you would a stock box. oh yeah, beware of those 30$ supercharger/turbochargers (seriously!) pretty much the same concept of the tornado.
oh yeah ,they do suck back to the throtle body. 22hp gain?? mental horsepower...

Fuel additives aren't that great (from what honda tells me), i guess they do help in some ways