.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2001, 04:47 PM   #1
GSRwBOOST

Like racing? Common sense rules to live by...

Ok, we all have been there so i'll skip to the chase. Some people don't get it and never will... mainly the sore losers.

Begin by dismissing ALL bodykits... procede to step one..

Rarely do you see both of the following ....

1. spent most of the $$ on the inside (performance).
2. spent most of the $$ on the outside (looks).

based on this basic rule, evaluation should be done before revving on someone.

3. Performance minded people usually have exhaust done.

performance starts here, uncorking the power so to speak.. if they don't have exhaust, chances are they are stock. Face it, some mild cams aren't gonna give tons of power. If they have some decent internal mods.. they have to have exhaust.. see logic rule #3.

4. Does his car have more BHP tahn yours stock? Slight disadvantage given a good driver... are their mods.. see rule #1/2

5. After revving... does the guy look like's he's getting ready.. flippping switches or twisting open a bottle?? Purgeing?

If not you can safely assume that he's not squeezing...

6. After you revved, did the guy sit there and just smile (that big shit eating grin?) -or- (is it just the pumped look?)

If he's shit eating grinning you.. you are prolly in trouble and can take a backdoor out (stall the car).. not the greatest but you can save face in front of your girl/friends. Shit eating grin means that he prolly has applied rule #1. If he's just casually smiling then you have a good race coming.

7. Did he deep stage you??

Distance and the power required to make up that distance on an object already accelerating is only going to get worse. You can back out now or get a good hole shot and try to make it up.. or save chasing the dumbass who prolly needs it.. again.. good race if you can get him next to you or a complete waste of gas ...

8. Whine or whistleing under his hood... ??

Speaks for itself.. use in conjunction with rule #4.

9. If you think your out of your league.. see above rules.

Go home and don't risk the ticket..

10. Is he worth the ticket should you get caught?

Lets help improve the import scene by NOT racing everything out there. The more meaningless races people see the more they look down on imports/domestics. If we use basic rules as listed above we can avoid soem tickets, bad images (cuts back at least) and save a little gas (LOL).

Reverse side of the coin.. IF someoen is revving on you.. see above rules apply accordingly.. and if your stacking up to be the winner and they are talking mad shit..

launch with all you got (see rule 10) and teach em a lesson...

win/lose

1. they talk shit before/after... blow them a kiss.
2. thumbs up all around...
3. their girl is talking mad shit or freinds that are along with them.. USE THE 4 WAYS BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE STARTING LINE IF YOU KNOW YOUR GONNA WIN PERIOD (DON'T **** UP).

I have applied these rules.. my favorite being the 4ways BEFORE the race begins.. it really gets them pumped up... especially when they lose!

have a good safe weekend.. hope i didn't bore anyone.
Old 11-21-2001, 07:38 PM   #2
TragikTSi

I always do the "big shit eating grin" when I get revved on.
Old 11-22-2001, 06:02 PM   #3
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Nice post.. Should be a sticky... There is a bunch of truth in this post.::
Old 11-23-2001, 12:39 AM   #4
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Nice post...true that to all the rules....now if it is me with the shit eating grin and twisting knobs and stuff....Well....I think we all would have a shit eating grin on our faces.hehehehe

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2001, 08:58 AM   #5
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

LOL that was entertaining and true..
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2001, 08:22 PM   #6
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

LMAO, good post!

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2001, 09:56 AM   #7
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

heh, im gonna send vn-tec over to this thred, he's exatly what you described as being slow, but he's everything but slow. body kit, stock exaust. fully built and blueprinted turboed h23 vtec.....

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2001, 07:45 PM   #8
DJZVTEC02

indeed this post does have alot of truth to it....also applys to the big sleeper look!! lol.....i mean how many people you know go around and racing a whole shit load of people??? i raced a 300zx after a nice sticky burn out, lets just say the dude had a surprise look on him! lol
Old 11-25-2001, 04:04 PM   #9
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

i have said it before and i'll say it again.
mmmm sleeper

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

Old 11-25-2001, 07:55 PM   #10
DJZVTEC02

Quote:
Originally posted by dereks civic
mmmm sleeper
thats what i am talking about
Old 11-26-2001, 09:10 AM   #11
Whtehnda93DXSdn
It has 4 Doors...

There is alot of truth in this post for sure..thanks for sharing the info and all....
Old 11-26-2001, 09:48 AM   #12
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Like racing rice said (I think it was him)
This should be a sticky.

Old 11-26-2001, 02:30 PM   #13
Matrix

Okey-dokey.
Sticky-tized.
Old 11-26-2001, 02:37 PM   #14
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by Matrix
Okey-dokey.
Sticky-tized.

Good man..
Old 11-26-2001, 02:50 PM   #15
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

thanks bro

Old 12-14-2001, 04:27 PM   #16
Infinity_Racer

this is one reason why i NEVER...EVER rev at anyone...i wait for them to rev at me...so at least if i loose, it wont be as embarracing but if i win, then i win....
Old 01-17-2002, 05:32 PM   #17
juvenile

what's the 4 ways thingy?
Old 01-21-2002, 07:51 PM   #18
McLude

StreetRacing Ettiquite

Nice to have someone finally spell out the unwritten code of streetracing. Keep up the good work.
Old 01-31-2002, 12:22 AM   #19
Incubus

while some people actually do spend money on looks and engine, most do not. The last 4 people I raced had totally intimidating looking cars, body kit and the whole thing. One guy still had stock exhaust though, so I knew he was all looks. But I sized them up on that basis, and while not always accurate, I never rev on someone else, I always let them do it to me.

I'm into speed and performance, not looking like I'm fast, so of course I whooped their ass! and they all had GSR Tegs. I loved the look on their faces when they pulled up at the next light and found out mine's an LS!
Old 02-04-2002, 04:34 AM   #20
phorcedaccess

Oh man I totally dug that read. I love revving on the dropped to floor imports. They almost cry seeing a family sedan blow them away. I just hate the guys in the early 90's supras (not the sweet ones we think of) who dont rev or nothing and decide to floor it out of nowhere... then when you finally decide to challenge them at the next light they just let you loose.... sucks....

Old 02-05-2002, 12:30 AM   #21
Incubus

Three cheers for the sleepers!!!
Old 02-05-2002, 09:07 PM   #22
Matrix

Quote:
Originally posted by Incubus

Definitely.
Old 02-06-2002, 10:43 PM   #23
phorcedaccess

BAH! Last time i jumped on a light i almost played face tag with a ford that had 4 different shades of brown on it.
Old 02-09-2002, 09:52 PM   #24
Maxvla

4 ways?
Old 02-24-2002, 09:47 PM   #25
Niacin

Quote:
Originally posted by Incubus

The sleeper must awaken.
Old 02-27-2002, 07:23 PM   #26
Incubus

I tend to fear the older crappier looking cars more than the newer ones.......older cars are cheaper to fix up, and therefore can be faster......unless the person with a newer car has a good cash flow, he/she may not have any money after their car payments to actually do much engine work!

Turbos in general scare me......if I hear a turbo spooling up at the light, or a BOV, I don't usually count on winning, but ironically, every turbo car I've raced I've beaten.
One was an older eagle talon probably with stock turbo, BOV, and exhaust.......so my newer car probably just had the advantage of better tuning.
I've seen a turbo teg and turbo civic SI both running crappier times on the 1/4 mile than me, but that's likely due to the fact that their car isn't tuned right and they don't know how to drive a turbo charged car.

As far as sleepers go, there's nothing better than racing a GSR and beating him, then seeing the look on their face when I tell them mine is a "crappy" non-vtec LS engine!!!
Old 03-02-2002, 03:23 AM   #27
yeahITSjenn

Rules listed in Import Tuner...

I just got the new April 2002 Import Tuner, and I found 4 rules listed by one of the authors about street racing and I thought they were pretty damn good. Here they are:

1. Do not race in heavy traffic. It endangers the lives of the participants (and their passengers) and also the lives of other drivers that are sharing the road.

2. Not all people that drive import vehicles want to race. Some people just want their cars to look nice. Others are just trying to get home after a rough day at work. (This is my personal favorite. I know some people who are more worried about cracking their kit than smoking some fool. Also, there are alot of racing veterans who've been there, done that with nice cars n have retired from racing).

3. For those of you that are just itching to race on the street, remember this: If you confront someone and they obviously don't want to race, MOVE ALONG and LEAVE THEM ALONE.

4. Your actions are being viewed by everyone. If you race anywhere and everywhere, dont be surprised to find yourself on the side of the road talking to police when all you were doing was "trying to drive to work". It's not harassment; it's police prevention.

-Import Tuner, April 2002 edition pg. 10
Old 03-14-2002, 08:33 PM   #28
bad00civic

Nice topic to post about. My car isn't fast right now and I just love it when bad ass cars pull next to me and want to race. I usually just laugh and watch them haul ass. Oh well. I'll race when I'm ready.

Another thing that makes me laugh is when I get a rice fly-by. Nothing makes me laugh more than that when some idiot in a stock civic with neon lights drives 50 in a 35 around me thinking he is a hardass. Most real street racers i know have some respect for the safety of them and others around. Ah, but you have to laugh at the rice fly-by.

Mike