Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2001, 12:26 PM   #1
thermal
Banning Machine

why are u revving on me?

sometimes i really dont get it. many times, i get revved on while the car is on the opposite side of the road passing by. then, i get these V8 domestics trying to race me, inside a NAVY base. WTF? i'm not into street racing. but when some punk kid trying to REV on me just to "show off" cuz there are girls inside his car, it's ON!
then u have ppl who would cut you off if you do not want to race ......or get a "finger" from them. are you one of those peeps?

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2001, 02:49 PM   #2
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Re: why are u revving on me?

Quote:
Originally posted by thermalfi'd16
then, i get these V8 domestics trying to race me, inside a NAVY base. WTF? i'm not into street racing.

Ahhh...the mating call of the wussy. Hehe. j/k But seriously...was there a question in there or just venting? Street racing is the shit. It's not as cool as going to the strip...but it's the next best thing.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2001, 04:12 PM   #3
thermal
Banning Machine

i really dont have anything against the muscle cars man. i get picked on more to be honest. i can not sit here and say that i never street race. i do, but i try not to do it to every single punk out there...... it's not worth getting a ticket for, not to mention the risk of my life and others.....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 09-23-2001, 04:18 PM   #4
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

I get that, "Wanna run it, man?" sh!t all the time too... :o
DISCLAIMER The existence of BDC is disputable. The existence of views, in the absence
of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise
in the second order coefficient.
BlackDeuceCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2001, 04:24 PM   #5
thermal
Banning Machine

for the most part, i would just give the "peace" sign. then i'll get a "middle finger" in response....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 09-23-2001, 04:42 PM   #6
Boosted3g

If they are driving with you on your side of the road just give them a rolling 60 mph burnout and they usually back off. If not you probably dont want to race them because they got something under the hood.
Old 09-23-2001, 10:40 PM   #7
Gee3

As you get older you realize how stupid and dangerous street racing really is. They "know" it's dangerous but until they get older or have a serious crash w/ injuries or death they won't learn. Kids are STUPID, especially when their small d!ck is threatened by another driver.

Road Racing is the real deal for me. Sears Point is my favorite road course so far! The carousel is great fun! You are turning your wheel to the left but your car is going to the right when you exit! It's weird at first but I passed a lot of faster cars there like an RX7, S2000, Porsche 968 and so on.

Real racing happens on tracks and road courses.
Old 09-25-2001, 02:37 PM   #8
grl_racer

Let me tell you something about revving.. b/c im a chick.. people will rev on me.. look over.. realize im a girl.. then they stop..
like i cant race b/c im a chick. That pisses me off more then ANYTHING.
Or the FIRST question outa there mouth, when they roll the window down.. "is that your mans car?" AUAUUGHUUAHGUUHGH

when i used to work at the butt-crack of dawn.. on my way to work on Sundays i would catch all the races... and thats the safest time b/c there is NO ONE on the highway!!
people would rev on me.. race me.. then when i would slow up, roll my window down.. they would do a quadrupal take b/c im a chick!!

please explain guys!?!?!
Old 09-25-2001, 04:14 PM   #9
BAMA

cuz they drive neons................and r jealous.
Old 09-25-2001, 04:37 PM   #10
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I get the feeling you have NO IDEA how rare it is to find a chick who races...or even one that is interested in cars for that matter. And if you're hot that just amplifies the effect. My ex girlfriend was all into Mustangs and that was what initially attracted me to her. So just understand that's why guys do double takes. That's also why they assume it's your boyfriend's car.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 07:00 PM   #11
Gee3

Quote:
Originally posted by grl_racer

please explain guys!?!?!

Because guys are stupid! I'm not afraid of the truth!
Old 09-25-2001, 07:24 PM   #12
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

shit, as far as im concerned, if the car could be fast i'll rev on it, if i feel the time is right. if not, it could be the one car who always talks shit, but as far as freaking out about loosing to a girl, they need to grow up, shit i lost to a girl in a 911, but i took it like a man, even though the car was a small speck in front of me. i guess some ppl just dont understand that cars are fast, not ppl

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote