::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2002, 09:51 AM   #1
TSilvs

Headers and Exhaust???

Hey guys and girls, quick question: Should you go with the same exhaust as your headers....exp. Say you have DC headers should you get a DC exhaust? If not what do you think some of the best combos are for a 97 EX?? Im not really sure what kinds are best for civics. Thanks again
Old 10-10-2002, 10:11 AM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

if you can afford it get Kamikaze headers I hear those are the best and as for exhaust I went with Tanabe Racing Medallion but its kinda loud. No you dont have to go with the same company setup. Who told you that? DC? There are tons of exhausts out there so a smart thing to do (what I did) is go on google and just look up a bunch of exhaust reviews, some even have sound clips i think.
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 12:36 PM   #3
fadednite

DC makes the best header for Hondas. For exhaust you have several good ones out there. I have a Thermal. Nice.
Old 10-10-2002, 02:09 PM   #4
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

You don't need to match brands with headers and exhausts...

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 02:44 PM   #5
TSilvs

Ya thats what i was thinking..i was just wondering if it was better, but i guess not. What are some good exhausts that have a deep sound and the most bang for your buck? And for headers I would have to get 4-2-1 right?? 2 peice?? (assuming I go with DC)
Old 10-10-2002, 06:11 PM   #6
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

As as I see it, all exhaust are basically the same with only a very slight difference in power, and sound of course. OBX, as far as I know, is the loudest of any and is also the cheapest.
For Headers, you dont have to go 4-2-1, there is always the option of 4-1 design which would give more power/flow at higher rpms (theyre race designed). The 2 peice design doesnt look as clean (who sees your header anyways) and I dont know of any advantage except maybe a very tiny flow difference between the two where the 2 piece resists the smallest bit where the pieces come together...maybe
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 10:17 PM   #7
VieT916

Quote:
Originally posted by fadednite
DC makes the best header for Hondas. For exhaust you have several good ones out there. I have a Thermal. Nice.

For the money DC Sports makes the best header. However, have you ever heard of HyTech or SMSP? Their Hondacura headers own any other brand out there. That's why they cost something like $1000 for a header. But I would agree, DC Sports is just fine. I used to own a 2-piece 4-2-1 SS, and it made a good power increase. If you can afford it, though, call up HyTech and have them make you a custom header with your choice of primary lengths and diameters.
Old 10-11-2002, 01:01 AM   #8
slowEJ6

4-1 isnt a fabulous idea for a SOHC motor unless yer built....

4-2-1 is OK on mild SOHC's and go with DC....nothing else in that price range touches it....

HyTech and SMSP are dope, but not for $1000
5Zigen is good shiet too.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 12:31 PM   #9
nonovurbizniz

the kamikazi headers are really only good on SC apps for honda or all motor builds. but they flow too much for stock honda motors.