Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > New Kid on the Block
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2002, 01:35 AM   #1
TTSupraR

Wuzzzz up all Need help new

Hey wuz up all Racers.
Well I am new to this site and new to the Honda Civic I have never owned a Honda this is my first I have only had a 99 SS camaro and sold that for my 97 TT Supra. Well my questions is please excuse my ignorance but I dont know anything about the honda only did my homewprk on the Camaro and still learning the TT supra at that. Ok anyway I own 95 2 door ex civic 5 speed no mods all stock so far but my question is well do they make a turbo for this Civic and also what is a spoon engine I heard them talk about this in the movie fast and the furious but never heard of it. Also anyone recomend a good exaust for the Civic I have a blitz exaust and the blitz cold air kit for the supra thinking of getting the same for the civic if they make it but any suggetions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance see ya in the streets.......
Old 01-26-2002, 02:35 AM   #2
slowEJ6

got pics of the Supra???

as for your civic....swap in a B18C or B16A engine
all sorts of companies make exhausts for your honda. APEXi, Tanabe, Thermal, HKS....same people whom make exhausts for your Supra for the most part.
a "Spoon" engine is an engine that comes from Spoon Sports. they run about $8k+ so....oh and unlike the fast and the ***gish, you dont put a T66 turbo on it and/or nitrous.

the blitz filter blows to tell you the truth. it allows quite a bit of dirt to get in. the APEXi unit is better, so is the K&N unit.

oh and welcome to the site
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 12:57 PM   #3
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Welcome to HS. Lets see some pics of that supra!

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 05:29 PM   #4
diligent_dave

Exclamation

Hi.

Welcome.
Old 01-26-2002, 06:01 PM   #5
SilverHX4Me
2nd Gear

Hiya! Welcome to Honda Style!!
SilverHX4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 06:17 PM   #6
TTSupraR

Hey thanks Hybrid I will have some pics soon honestly have not got around to taken any pics still trying to do my homework and learn more about the TT supra now am learning about the civic as well. So what to you mean by getting a B18C or a B16A do mean swap the whole enging out or just gut this one and add on to it.As for the spoon engine is it worth it will have a 12 or 11 second car without the nos for 8k I think it should peform that good right. And turbos what do you recomened or do they make one yet. Thanks all for the replys cool site and alot to learn you have to excuse me but have been around chevys my whole life had 3 camaros and S-10 Xtreame modeed mildely.Take it easy all Thanks again.................Rick
Old 01-26-2002, 08:00 PM   #7
SiSpeed2000

welcome to HS!
Old 01-30-2002, 11:39 AM   #8
nauticapinoy

i don't suggest a spoon engine I think there just way overpriced engines,I saw i dyno on a spoon type R motor what I saw the extra horsepower wasn't worth the extra money imo.I would suggest a b20/turbo,just my thoughts.Welcome!!!!!
Old 01-31-2002, 08:55 PM   #9
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by nauticapinoy
i don't suggest a spoon engine I think there just way overpriced engines,I saw i dyno on a spoon type R motor what I saw the extra horsepower wasn't worth the extra money imo.I would suggest a b20/turbo,just my thoughts.Welcome!!!!!

I dont either unless you are just going to do some serious racing.. They have to be rebuilt often Ive heard. Anyway, youve come to the right place.. Look around and learn all kinds of cool stuff, If you have any questions just ask.

Welcome to HS
Old 01-31-2002, 10:15 PM   #10
slowEJ6

i mean just swapping in the entire B16A or B18C/B engine.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote