::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2002, 11:18 PM   #1
mylittlecivic

Import Scene In Your Town

ok i live in kind of a small town not very small just averag3 , anyways The kids with imports in my town meet up at this deserted parking lot like everynight and talk to each other and then on wednesday night they have to meet up at dairy queen because the classic cars meet at this place called burgerville the same night.They got park their cars in the dairyqueen parking lot go inside and stick french fries up their noses, theyre so gh3y that i have never hung out with them Are their any dairy queers in your town?

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 11:21 PM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

We don't have an import scene in Newport, and Corvallis isn't too hot either. Oh well :o

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 11:25 PM   #3
mylittlecivic

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
We don't have an import scene in Newport, and Corvallis isn't too hot either. Oh well :o

Hey I was in newport like 2 weeks ago and I saw a ton of hondas it seemed like most of them were from Toledo tho

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 11:29 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Cleveland is not to hot either in imports, but you see a lot of riced out mustangs. and yes anna we have dairy queens here

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 12:26 AM   #5
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by mylittlecivic

Hey I was in newport like 2 weeks ago and I saw a ton of hondas it seemed like most of them were from Toledo tho

They are straight GHETTO though. Honestly, I don't hang out with many people in Newport, I'm just home to work and stuff for the summer.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 12:34 AM   #6
Violent Apathy

What import scene? It's all rice. My friend with a late 80s ford ranger (not too many mods) was destroying all the ricers at the races recently.

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005
Violent Apathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 02:32 AM   #7
Grip72

Lol...my town is pretty small..like maybe 17000 people :( So everyone knows everything about eachothers cars..
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 07:07 AM   #8
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

There are a group of guys here that have some imports but they are nothing special, not my kinda group to hang out with. All my friends have sold imports and bought SUVs or trucks. So Im pretty much on my own around here.
Old 08-29-2002, 07:22 AM   #9
XdiscontensionX

absolutely no scene in my town... too snobby for anything like that. it's all about the lex, bmw, benz, and caddy SUVs. there's a kid w/ a wrx and i saw someone driving a hyundai cuda today, but that's it. i feel so alone.

btw, what's the high-performance lex? i saw one yesterday and it was schweeet.
Old 08-29-2002, 07:35 AM   #10
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by XdiscontensionX

btw, what's the high-performance lex? i saw one yesterday and it was schweeet.

You talking about the IS300?
Old 08-29-2002, 07:57 AM   #11
mt.biker

theres a big scene in the T.O. its getting out of hand!

You go up north a bit and every civic wants to race you! HAHA they dont even know what they're racing against, no one has that much done so they always lose. Around here it seems to be all about how the car looks and only a few people touch the engine. LOSERS!
Old 08-29-2002, 08:26 AM   #12
ohiochica

The rice scene in my area is outrageous! i have a stock civic and i cant even pull up at a red light without a damn idiot trying to race me! (i have never raced because i had a friend killed when street racing) The cool thing in my area is to sit in big lots parking lot and flash your strobe headlights. God i wish i had time to just sit in a parking lot for hours on end! The kids in my area get things handed to them so jobs are not an issue.

Ohio HST members please read this
ohiochica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 08:38 AM   #13
XdiscontensionX

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice

You talking about the IS300?

that would be the one. soo nice - fully loaded plus some custom stuff. the girl driving it wasn't too bad either
Old 08-29-2002, 08:45 AM   #14
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

theres also sc300's sc400's and sc430's as far as lex sport coupes.

oh im in orlando, i guess you can say theres a import scene

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 11:58 AM   #15
msvtec14

I live in a tiny town and it's definitely not about imports. People are more about looking good with stupid luxury cars and there are a lot of classic muscle cars. However, in towns that are next to me and all around me, there's a ridiculous amount of people that are into the import scene. My town is so small there wasn't a high school till recently and I went in another town. That's where I made the majority of my friends. So luckily I have car friends from there and ones that I meet through friends and stuff. There are a lot of little @ssholes that really do stupid things that mess it up for the rest of us though
Old 08-29-2002, 05:24 PM   #16
juvenile

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker

You go up north a bit and every civic wants to race you! HAHA they dont even know what they're racing against, no one has that much done so they always lose. Around here it seems to be all about how the car looks and only a few people touch the engine. LOSERS!

that's true, yet in another post you bash people who try to make their cars fast and do engine swaps and such...which make cars fast. contradiction?
Old 08-29-2002, 05:50 PM   #17
NooNz

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker

to tell you the truth...i don't know where to go...cuz when i'm out on a friday or saturday night....enough runs happen....not on main roads....unless you see a whole crew of cars (when i say crew of cars..i mean like 50-80 cars..sometimes even more!)

can watchin people racin their cars for bout 1 hr til cops come..then we just head to another spot....til like 3-4 in da morning...sometimes even later!.....

seen civic beat an rx-7....another civic beat a supra....(and the supra's pretty quick cuz itz my friend's car)....seen a crx keep up with a bike...seen a supercharged mustang pushin like 500+hp to the wheels....too much to name!.....

honestly..i think you go too far north!....lol....
Old 08-29-2002, 06:06 PM   #18
DsBlu01CivEX

there used to be a really nice import scene in my town. The guys all were part owners in an aftermarket shop. They've sinced sold the shop and all have pretty much settled down (it is a damn shame too) Now we just have a lot of punk @ss kids doin stupid sh!t to their parents' cars/trucks what have you. We have a lot of tricked out Foci too (yah I don't know what to call a group of the ford Focus...foci is the plural form...so thats what i'm callin it). To tell ya the truth though...some of them are pretty tastefully done. I was surprised.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 10:56 PM   #19
ShEaNy

Winnipeg as a pretty big scene..at the big mall parking lot....but theres mostly domestics...theres a few imports...nice ones...but ya i still havent figured out where the rest of em go cause theres sooo many more that dont go to the mall lot...
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 03:02 PM   #20
richmclaren

Quote:
Originally posted by 4thGenlude
oh im in orlando, i guess you can say theres a import scene

Yeah, same here.

Actually today, someone wanted to be a badass and show off his car to me. Here's how it went:

I was driving (a prelude) on the interstate and I see this little yellow Civic hatch behind me. He finally finds an opening, in the midst of heavy traffic, and pulls up next to me. He stays alongside and keeps looking over as if he's never seen a prelude before in his life. Then he revs a little bit and passes by just to learn that there are cars in front of him that aren't driving quite as fast as he is. He drops back and behind me and does this whole cycle a few more times. I wanted to say "Um...yeah, dude...we're on the interstate in traffic and all going the same speed...did you wanna race? You want me to speed up and slam on the brakes just like you? Ok, I'm looking to die today..."

Jackass.

I hate people like that. (His car wasn't that nice anyway.)

To end on a happier note, I saw a gold/bronze NSX driving the other way. *drool...* But it wasn't quite as nice as the silver 360 Modena, yellow 355 Maranello, and orange Diablo [cars] that I've seen pass by before. *drool...* again. Damn rich people.
Old 08-30-2002, 04:31 PM   #21
williecume

here in arlington we do have fairly large import scene. some of the cars look pretty good but then some are the type that have i/h/e and a body kit and think they are kings of the road. the ones that have their cars as sleepers (very few) dont act like most others. most of them hang out at the mall or in front of the taco bell.
Old 09-02-2002, 08:39 PM   #22
monkut

i live in portland. ive noticed the scene here is getting quite a bit bigger. unfortunately most of it, as far as i can tell is rice. i mean you never know how fast a car is by looking at it so i dont know how many people are actually interested in speed. although i think the number is very low. plus nobody around here ever wants to race. at least not against me. does anybody else in the area ever do stoplight racing around here?
Old 09-03-2002, 04:03 PM   #23
Niacin

We don't have an import scene down here, we have a rice infestation.

Max
Old 09-03-2002, 05:39 PM   #24
Kyle
elyK

where is live...the ONLY dude with a nice car...he freakin bought it from sombody...
it's so lame how people can buy a 11 second car and show it off like they deserve to have it...the only mod he made on it...seat belt cover and shift knob...lol
we mostly just have a bunch of riced out civics with nothin done to the engine...all they got are muffleers...

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 06:24 PM   #25
HondaTypeJ

I live in Los Angeles. Most gather in Torrance.
Old 09-03-2002, 06:38 PM   #26
Zybach

Over here we like Z71s and F150s
Old 09-03-2002, 07:04 PM   #27
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by Niacin
We don't have an import scene down here, we have a rice infestation.

Max
lol.. i know your a domestic owner, but that jsut sounded funny.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 11:38 AM   #28
dfaulkner

Well, where I live, there are imports, i see them all over, but I have no idea where any of them hang out. Course, with me being older, I also don't go out looking for them. Got the wife and kids to deal with. I have tho been seriously considering trying to get some fkind of meet together here. If I can find time