Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2002, 09:52 PM   #1
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Brakes Help.

ok guys i've been at this topic since last year. i can't figure out my brakes at all. the pedal is extremely low at times (yeah i know- bleeding: does not work) and the new front rotors are warped. i just installed them 3 weeks ago. at first i thought that it was a bad batch of rotors but yesterday i noticed that the pads are burnt, but i they are still unworn. I had some sticky pins so i cleaned up the pins and the calipers move freely. i redid the bleeding to find out that i had no air in the system. what's even weirder is that i have the original rear drums and when i took them off to replace the shoes they were just lightly scratched, not all that shiny surface, what they have after 134k miles on them. any idead will be appreciated. i've run out of ides so far.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 12:46 PM   #2
spoogenet

Sounds to me like you've already done everything I would suggest to do.

You say the front pads look burnt but they are not worn down? That sounds odd....dunno how enough heat would generate without wearing taking place.

If they were worn and the calipers appeared fine I would maybe suggest checking out the master cylinder to ensure it's functioning properly.....

That's about the only thing I can come up with at the moment.

b
Old 08-12-2002, 01:08 PM   #3
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

dude it may just be a faulty calper..
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 03:14 PM   #4
george

Had the low pedal problem on my truck. Turned out the brake booster was shot, have you checked that. Could result in not enough fluid pressure getting to your brake pistons so brakes would not work properly. More skimming the the rotors than biting into them.
Old 08-12-2002, 03:47 PM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

yeah i think i have a problem with the brake booster, because when i used to bleed the brakes, and making "pedal" like crazy the car would go rev up and down. anyway my brakes are holding quite good, and if i press harder on them i can send the car skiding all over the place

Old 08-12-2002, 03:48 PM   #6
ShEaNy

lol nice . last night i slammed my brakes on cause some idiot cut me off and my freind said he seen sparks everywhere...i wonder what it was cause it didnt happen again on normal breaking
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 12:08 AM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by sheany_91accord
lol nice . last night i slammed my brakes on cause some idiot cut me off and my freind said he seen sparks everywhere...i wonder what it was cause it didnt happen again on normal breaking

did your frien hit his head to the windshield ? usually you get spark with no lining, just metal, on metal

Old 08-13-2002, 05:53 PM   #8
untainted

honda i know ima lil late but doing yer brakes .. never hit them going over 80 unless u have to .. stopping that fast will warp rotors im not saying you did that... but it can lead to the caliper locking up and or the brake master cylinder leaking because of low pedal .. it may cost money but try replacing the master cylinder if it leaks and find a junkyard caliper. thatz my advice =)
Old 08-13-2002, 08:20 PM   #9
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by untainted
honda i know ima lil late but doing yer brakes .. never hit them going over 80 unless u have to .. stopping that fast will warp rotors im not saying you did that... but it can lead to the caliper locking up and or the brake master cylinder leaking because of low pedal .. it may cost money but try replacing the master cylinder if it leaks and find a junkyard caliper. thatz my advice =)

well i did not get to do that. after i fixed everything up, i had the rotor warped in 2 miles, did not even get to the highway with it. i'll get to them in 2 weeks from now because this weekend i'm leaving out of town for one week and a half. the worst part is that i have to drive the car