::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2004, 02:28 PM   #1
mavaaoife

Worth it or no?

I was thinking about going for a Greddy Evo exhaust.. eibach sportlines..and a greddy airinx intake.. Although unfourtunatly its going to be awhile cause of the money issues.... but for anyone whos gone with greddy is it worth the extra $200? Cause I could get an AEM short ram intake for $150... The Airinx is ganna cost me almost $500... The Evo exhaust is like $619... worth it or no?

Http://www.myspace.com/tehren84
mavaaoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 02:47 PM   #2
Civic_RedLine
3rd Gear

the evo is definately worth it. Mine aint that loud though. I got the evo-2 which is basically the same as the evo-1 but the evo 2 is supposed to help not scratch the bottom because of its new design. As for the greddy intake, I would rather go with some other brand like AEM/Injen. Although I havent tried the greddy intake I wouldnt pay much more money for it.

Friend was using eibach springs and had to get camber kit. Other friend was using H&R 1.3" drop and didnt need to buy anything else but better shocks,.
Civic_RedLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 02:59 PM   #3
JDMFantasy2k

^^^ what he said, i've heard the evo, it's nice, and i have an injen CAI, (short rams are nice too) and i just think the greddy intake is way way overpriced for what it is.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:27 PM   #4
soundspeed

I agree, my buddy has the AEM intake on his RSX and it's awesome, you can notice a gain in power and it sounds awesome. Eibach makes wicked springs, I have them on my car and they are a great ride. Good Luck

The Only Replacement For Displacement...Is Technology
soundspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 04:37 PM   #5
Victorystardrop

Yea I have Eibach pro-kit and its like a 1.5'' drop, I should have gotten the sport-kit because I dont think its low enough, so yours should do the trick. I also have an AEM short ram and im pleased with it, im just curious where your getting it for 150? I got mine for 80 from a local place so that seems like a really high price.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:47 PM   #6
AkimboStylee

just go with an ebay specail for the intkae, and buy a k/n filter, will cost you like $30 altogether for the intake. that way you will still get a nice intake, and not cost you 500
Old 09-28-2004, 08:50 PM   #7
mavaaoife

kewl

Old 09-29-2004, 12:25 AM   #8
blind34_1

whoo...619 for a catback? seems rather high. I went with an Apexi WS catback for my 90 civic, and I was very happy with it. great sound, easy install. I would recommend looking at Apexi. my second choice would have been Tanabe.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 06:37 AM   #9
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

the eibach prokits are nice ass springs, and best of all they work just fine with the stock shocks. as for greddy it's a nice ass exhaust and i can prolly sell it to you for around 525 shipped (if i remeber corectly).

as for the camber kit issue it is that it depends on the car. But i would get one for drops lower than 1" no matter how slight the camber change is.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 10:22 AM   #10
mavaaoife

Once I get the money I'll hit you up. As far as my springs.. I'm getting them from my guy in california who im advertizing for for $75 including shipping.. He hasnt given me a price on the exhaust yet, but its $619 from the site. As I have said time and time again.. im still new to the world of hondas. I just got this civic end of july.. My first car that I have had since my senior yr of HS was a 93 Eclipse GSX turbo. So of course I spent 2 years perfecting my knowledge of DSMs.. then my 3rd tranny went (typical for 1g Dsms) and I couldnt afford to replace it anymore. I lost 1st and 3rd... So now I'm trying to learn about hondas. One of my best friends used to have a 99 civic which he hooked the hell up. Had to sell it cause he couldnt afford it, and now has a tricked out jeep rubicon, as well as the other one of my best friends who just sold his 93 integra for a 02 F150 with a 2" bodylift...strange how people go from one extreme to the other

Old 09-29-2004, 11:14 AM   #11
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

lol, what's with people that drive integras that go straight to trucks ?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote