::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2002, 11:24 PM   #1
rakugaki

Speaker Baskets...

I don't know if this is a problem for 94 owners, but when I tried to install some aftermarket 6.1/2 pioneers in my front door they won't fit cause the mounting basket is in the way. man that just pissed me off...but now i'm happy cause i made them fit!

Since the factory speakers are 6 1/2s in the front (after i found out they wern't 5.25in) I went out and bought some new pioneer 180w speakers. After i busted the door open and took out the speaker i found this mounting basket, when i tried to fit the pioneer, it didn't fit cause the basket was to short in depth. I coulden't put the speaker withough it cause then i would have been drilling through steel. also i think it would be better if it used them anyway.
So what did i do?... using the tools I had (which aren't very many) i started to hash out the bottom.
! With all the strenghth i had left , i finally did it and it finally (finnaly) fit after getting the basket nice and smooth. and it fit, cool
!

Now it fits nicely in my car! no more ugly factory speakers for me!

I still don't know if there was an easier way to do this, cause i'm tired, but i'm happy
Old 05-22-2002, 01:44 AM   #2
Maxvla

[go you] cool [/go you]