.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Fast and Furious Females
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2002, 07:24 AM   #41
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by FeelMyRide
Seriously tho.. I have the long shifter in my Civic and I want to get a short shifter.. can I change it myself? Or is it something reserved for those who know 'everything' about cars?

I just did mine for the second time the other day... put new bushings in too... Id spend the extra 20$ and get the bushings to they make a big difference.. The hardest part is getting the car high enough off the ground to work comfortably, and working around the exhaust.. The rest is cake..
Old 01-07-2002, 02:56 PM   #42
slowEJ6

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice

I just did mine for the second time the other day... put new bushings in too... Id spend the extra 20$ and get the bushings to they make a big difference.. The hardest part is getting the car high enough off the ground to work comfortably, and working around the exhaust.. The rest is cake..
a jack that can lift the car about 2.5ft is OK! along with the jackstands to match
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 01:18 AM   #43
FeelMyRide

What in the heck is this???
RoboShifter
Old 01-08-2002, 03:35 AM   #44
slowEJ6

Quote:
Originally posted by FeelMyRide
What in the heck is this???
RoboShifter
that thing is crazy insane, i was about to buy it when i was shopping for a short shifter......but i quickly realized i dont need a short shifter thats adjustable in several thousand points.
Old 01-08-2002, 08:38 AM   #45
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by hybrid3do0rcx
a jack that can lift the car about 2.5ft is OK! along with the jackstands to match

My Jack and Jack stands will only lift about 2 ft.. Then add the height of the creeper and my fat a$$ wrapped in a thick winter jacket it did leave me witha whole lot of room...

Quote:
Originally posted by hybrid3do0rcx
that thing is crazy insane, i was about to buy it when i was shopping for a short shifter......but i quickly realized i dont need a short shifter thats adjustable in several thousand points.

I agree... My fear with the thing is that one of the adjustment points vibrate loose and then you wont be able to shift..:o
Old 01-08-2002, 11:32 AM   #46
slowEJ6

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice

I agree... My fear with the thing is that one of the adjustment points vibrate loose and then you wont be able to shift..:o
i just bought some new jack stands today.....they have a 3' extension. its nice. i just need a working jack now haha
Old 03-21-2002, 04:30 PM   #47
SPEED

I was at the dealership the other day because I couldn't seem to get the shift knob off my short shifter, luckly 1 of the lovely ladies that worked there could tell it was stuck and gave it a lube job which got it off. As she was lubein it she paused to ask me if I was sure it was a short shifter because it felt slightly larger than stock to her soon after she was almost finished she seemed to have a mouth full of words and asked me to come back to the dealership sometime and take her for a ride.

Old 03-21-2002, 06:26 PM   #48
FeelMyRide

Quote:
Originally posted by SPEED
I was at the dealership the other day because I couldn't seem to get the shift knob off my short shifter, luckly 1 of the lovely ladies that worked there could tell it was stuck and gave it a lube job which got it off. As she was lubein it she paused to ask me if I was sure it was a short shifter because it felt slightly larger than stock to her soon after she was almost finished she seemed to have a mouth full of words and asked me to come back to the dealership sometime and take her for a ride.

oooooh geez lmao!
Old 03-21-2002, 11:36 PM   #49
SPEED

Old 03-22-2002, 10:21 AM   #50
girlzgotcarz

Quote:
Originally posted by SPEED

You are terrible!
Old 03-22-2002, 02:18 PM   #51
Incubus

My shifter is still stock, which is a little too long for my tastes but nobody really notices that it's kinda long, especially since I have a Type R knob, which looks better than the black one I had!

I'm just afraid of doing it myself because I'll probably mess up the ball socket and bushings!

But definitely short shifter is better if you wanna be as quick as possible. Also, my shifter has a bit too much flex when I'm really flogging it while racing, so I guess I really need to pick up a shorter shifter that will help not only with throws but also will reduce the bendability of a longer stick.
Old 03-24-2002, 12:33 AM   #52
Wren57

My shifter is larger than stock by about 3"... It shifts before I want it to sometimes... cant get the feeling of the high revving before it shifts... it is kind of bad at times when it shifts before I get to the redline... but when it does shift I can feel the transmission fluids going crazy and then the revs get low again and calm back down... did I mention mine is automatic?
Old 03-24-2002, 05:40 AM   #53
Incubus

Quote:
Originally posted by highlander
... did I mention mine is automatic?

So do you have to push in that button to get your stick in gear? Or is it one of those spiffy new Tiptronic ones?
Old 03-24-2002, 02:10 PM   #54
Lovebuzz13

What? This thread is still going on
Old 03-24-2002, 02:24 PM   #55
Incubus

No seriously, I've been meaning to pick up a short shifter for a couple years now but it always gets overshadowed by the bigger mods.
I've been looking at B&M shifters and also Neuspeed.....both not only have a shortened stick but the whole shortened throw as well due to different placement of the shifter type stuff.

I know Neuspeed is good, but it's like $200, B&M is a bit more reasonable.......what do you people suggest?
Old 04-10-2002, 03:45 PM   #56
se-r turbo

It really depends on the what kind of shift knob you have and how it feels, also on how you use it.
Old 04-16-2002, 02:26 AM   #57
Maxvla

you people are nuts!! haha.

i had a aftermarket knob on my auto... but it kept shooting off.
Old 04-17-2002, 01:02 AM   #58
Incubus

I'm gonna be getting the Skunk2 short shifter and the Skunk2 Type R knob.......the knob is pretty heavy and he said it'll make for quicker throws......hopefully it helps out in my 1/4 mile time