::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2002, 04:10 PM   #1
thatguyX

rh evolution

does anyone know if the rh evolution s7 18" fit on a 2001 accord v6 lx? my car is basically stock and i want to add rims and then drop it atleast an inch in the front and the back. do i need coilovers or camshafts? and what do you reccomend for dropping the car 1-1.5" ?

-nate
Old 06-12-2002, 11:30 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

for the springs i would go eibach pro kit. the rims are gonna fit but make sure you arder some with 5 lug holes and an offset of 40-42.

FYIthe camshaft is inside the engine, to be more preciselly(sp?) it's in the head, and makes the valves open and close.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 11:34 PM   #3
thatguyX

errr i guess i didnt mean camshafts? i meant camber adjusters? b/c i was reading that if you're tires arent done correctly you'll kill your tires a little faster... what's the deal with that? do i really need them with the new wheels?
Old 06-12-2002, 11:55 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

you won't need them with new wheels, because you won't change the geometry of the suspension. however if you lower it take it first to the alignament if they tell you that your camber is out of specs go out and buy one, but don't waste the money on them unless required

Old 06-13-2002, 12:08 AM   #5
thatguyX

what do people usually lower their cars, that would be good for the kaminari body kit? i was looking at the eibach's you suggested, it's either the 1" pro-kit or the 2" sport-kit. right now i have to see how the wheels will look, but just so i have some idea.

btw thanks a lot hondaman-iac
Old 06-13-2002, 12:13 AM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

thank you. i don't know how the kit looks like but if u plan on going with 18" the car i guess will be at the stock height after you drop it. the only thing gone will be the fender gaps.