::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Body Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2002, 12:07 AM   #1
HondaTypeJ

Quality body kit...

Ok, I want a TOP quality Buddy Club kit but I cannot seem to find a place that sellls one. Can someone suggest a place? I want the best kit and quality I can find. Strong and sturdy. Thanks for any input.
Old 07-02-2002, 02:12 PM   #2
HondaTypeJ

How sad...No help with this? I see.
Old 07-02-2002, 02:20 PM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i think you are gonna get more answers in the body modifications forum

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 03:03 PM   #4
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

Well, since no one else did it....

MOVING!!!
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 03:25 PM   #5
VieT916

Is this for your Civic sedan? Just go with a Wings West Tuner Series kit. It's a BC knock-off, but I believe it's polyurethane. And Wings West makes quality stuff, too.
Old 07-02-2002, 11:09 PM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

yeap polyurethane is the best you can get

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 11:55 PM   #7
HondaTypeJ

Ohh okay, thanks guys. Is there a real difference between Polyurethane and the other stuff (I am forgetting the name)? I called this guy and he said that Wings West is the BEST you can get when it comes to OEM fitment.
Old 07-03-2002, 01:14 AM   #8
VieT916

Quote:
Originally posted by HondaTypeJ
Ohh okay, thanks guys. Is there a real difference between Polyurethane and the other stuff (I am forgetting the name)? I called this guy and he said that Wings West is the BEST you can get when it comes to OEM fitment.

You can't beat polyurethane. It beats fiberglass (probably what you were thinking of) when it comes to durability. Fiberglass cracks easily while polyurethane -- since it's like a hard, flexible rubber -- can take a beating quite well. Example: when my original A'PEXi N1 was ripped off its piping by a metal plate on the road, it got caught on my old polyurethane T2000 rear bumper and ripped off the rear bumper insert, too. In doing so, the passenger side of the RB was almost ripped off its hinges and also stretched enough to make the material wavy. But since the rear bumper was PU, it withstood the abuse and didn't crack, shatter, or any of the other ill side effects a fiberglass bumper would've experienced, which probably would've shattered at the mounting point near the fender and cracked when the rear bumper insert was ripped out. Fiberglass kits may be cheaper, but I would spend the extra $100-300 on a polyurethane kit. Much more durable to withstand the abuse encountered during everyday driving.

And the guy was right; Wings West makes very high quality bodykits. They fit to OEM specifications, and they're so good that you wonder if they really just took a stock bumper and altared it or something.
Old 07-03-2002, 11:09 AM   #9
HondaTypeJ

Thanks VieT916, that helped a lot.
Old 07-03-2002, 11:13 AM   #10
HondaTypeJ

One more thing. I have successfully found the front Buddy Club bumper (polyurethane), but I cannot seem to find the rear bumper. I can only find it in fiberglass and I dont want fiberglass. I checked with Wings West and they dont seem to have it. So can anyone recommend a place...