::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Body Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2002, 06:06 PM   #1
Civicfrenzy

RIM Help

I recently picked out my rims, Motegi MR7s in gunmetal finish. I think they will look pretty good on my car. But i dont understnad the sizes and things like that. Im not sure i can afford to get soemthng that will not fit on my tires taht i alrdy have. So would i be making a mistake by getting rims that fit the tires i alrdy have? Would it look bad? I have a 96 civic coupe if that helps at all.
Thnx
Old 06-19-2002, 08:04 PM   #2
Maxvla

if you are getting new rims... the last thing on your mind should be your current tires.

get the size rims you want and if need be get some dirt cheap tires of the correct size until you can get better ones. (kumho makes excellent price breaker tires)

rims are harder to change later since they are more expensive. tires should be an afterthought. decide on the rims since they will dictate what tires you can put on them.

imo 17's look the best, 15's perform the best, 16's are a good compromise, but sometimes can still look like 15's.

MR7s are nice. good pick.
Old 06-19-2002, 08:59 PM   #3
Civicfrenzy

Ok thnx but i still dont really understand the difference between the sizes here. Could you expalin it a little more. Also if i do get 17s in what ways does it perform worse and will i have to do anything else to my car to deal with the change in size.
Thnx
Oh and when i went to get a price they said 106 for each one. Sound about right?
Old 06-21-2002, 09:56 AM   #4
gsrcivic2try

bigger rims equals more rotational mass which in turn makes it harder for the engine to spin them but the bigger the rim is generally...the better handling you will get
Old 06-24-2002, 02:40 PM   #5
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

Get the rims you want from the beginning or you'll spend more money in the long run. The bigger the rim, the slower your car will accelerate. Handeling is typically better, though.

Use the search feature to learn about offsets, sizes, and such.

Good luck.
1985 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8 351W
w/ 33X12.5X15
2000Pimpinex is offline   Reply With Quote