::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2001, 01:55 PM   #1
dukmahsik

SI's everywhere i go!!!

Ok I hope I don't get flamed for this because I drive a DSM but where I live (San Jose Cali) OHH MAN there are hekka SIs up the ying yang... being NT, SIs are my eternal enemy.

So driving home from GF's house last nite... on freeway i LEISURELY pass a lowerd, widowed kit, stock exhaust SI with big tach meter... i noticed he had 3 other peeps in his car... thot nuttin of it tho... i passed him and kept going about my business... then he gets behind me... starts tailing for 1 mile, prob to judge my car and it's abilities... hoped he liked the greddy sp in his face (hehe)... anyways then he switched to outside lane... passes me up then merges into my lane... i noticed his passengers looking back at me now... HMM i tho "HERE WE GO!"... i downed to 4th going 70mph... then he pulled over to the rite lane and slows down... so he can line up with me. as i start to pass him, he lurges... i smiled and did nuttin to agitate him more... he does this 3 times and on his 3rd lurge i downed to 3rd and pulled to abou redline... going past 95... and he's like 3 cars back! muhahah... another SI taught wassup!

btw... i've lost to some SIs too... i noticed whoever gets the better launch or quicker to start pulling... usually wins!
Old 10-29-2001, 01:57 PM   #2
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

Good kill. You won't get flamed, a kill is a kill.
1985 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8 351W
w/ 33X12.5X15
2000Pimpinex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 02:01 PM   #3
KaptainMike

Nice one, ya it all depends on the launch when your a DSM and racing a SI. That way it'll be further for them to walk to pass you up. Nice job and good launch. DSMs are alot heavier too, so with the 3 people in his car, it probably made it quite even for a good race. Exellente.
Old 10-29-2001, 02:31 PM   #4
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Good kill... Have no love for a brother that drives an SI wastes money on body kit and crap like that and does nothing to performance, then wants to race cause it "looks fast"
Old 10-29-2001, 03:11 PM   #5
9D9 MITSU RS

goodcompetitors

Those cars are pretty equally matched to us. Like our true rivalry. It's usually fun to race an SI.
Old 10-29-2001, 03:13 PM   #6
ThunderousTalon

i was all up on racing one myself today but too much traffic, then we came to a light and i was a lil bit behind him it had a EX badging on the back, looked at the rims and there were hubbcapped and the DOHC sticker on the passenger side was a lil crooked so i just ignored it turned out to be an older guy driving it. maybe was his sons... dunno, found it a bit funny tho.
Old 10-29-2001, 03:14 PM   #7
dukmahsik

thanks all... yeah he prob spent 1G on a kit then rolls on stock rims lmao... he didnt have exhaust but sounded like he had at least intake maybe header... imo i like B16, they are the best of the B series esp the civic type R motor... better den the B18C5 imo.
Old 10-29-2001, 04:19 PM   #8
grl_racer

yeah agreed your not gonna get flamed.. a kill is a kill... there are drivers out there.. and there are racers.. then again.. there are cocky racers...
the cocky racers regardless of what they drive.. need to be put in their spot. We all race, we all have different opinions, likes, and dislikes.. but on the road... you need respect. If i get beat.. i get beat.. if i win.. i win.. but there are some out there.. that dont grasp that concept.
Good Job!!!! Good Kill!!!
one thing i can say.. the SI owners on this site.. are down to earth... *** love em for that!!
Old 10-30-2001, 05:26 PM   #9
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

stock vs stock, a gst/tsi and a vtec prelude are about dead even, heavy cars, nice power. si's are unexpectingly quick sometimes though.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2001, 06:25 PM   #10
GS- SEX

I dont have a problem beating SI's or NT eclipes, No need in racing the vast majority cause most arent turboed or supercharged.
I actually used to want an SI but then i drove one and it made a lot of noise but it just seemed like the car wasnt moving......
Anyway i like you honda guys. You have to respect the car that helped rocket the import scene to new hights.

(Much respect)
Magnus
95 GSX 14.43