Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 07:51 PM   #41
ford50forlife
4th Gear

heh svt cobra your from ct are you, ive taken out a couple c5's too wanna line up november 3rd at Englishtown nj at import vs. domestic? or if you want to earlier hit up my email

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife
Old 10-24-2002, 07:54 PM   #42
FAST97WS6

hey this is my frist post here, a bunch of my buddies drive civics, and shit, and told me this sight was cool, so i thought i'd check it out....yeah those WS6'S well get yah, but i'm very impressed with that guy talking about his civic running 13s, thats very nice man, i give you props...nice car man!

Old 10-24-2002, 07:55 PM   #43
ShEaNy

hehe now its V8 vs V8..(this is appling no beef to any V8 owners lol)
Old 10-24-2002, 07:57 PM   #44
ShEaNy

WOW right after or i guess BEFORE i posted that guy comes in with a PAGE of shit done to his car WOW....NICE JOB!! thats a BEAST! any pics?
Old 10-24-2002, 08:38 PM   #45
00 Si

Quote:
Originally posted by FAST97WS6
hey this is my frist post here, a bunch of my buddies drive civics, and shit, and told me this sight was cool, so i thought i'd check it out....yeah those WS6'S well get yah, but i'm very impressed with that guy talking about his civic running 13s, thats very nice man, i give you props...nice car man!

Thanks bro, much appreciated. I don't think I'm ready for a 383 yet, lol, but I can hang/beat a lot of domestics and modded imports for that matter.

Got any pics of your ride? I'd really like to see some.

Old 10-24-2002, 08:55 PM   #46
ford50forlife
4th Gear

hehe i respect your car 00 si, but i really dont see how you hang with alot of domestics with the setup you got, (PLEASE DONT FLAME ME, IM REALLY NOT THAT COCKY!!!!)
i was at the local race get together and i used to get alotta shit before i took off my "SHITS VTEC" sticker on the back of my car, but one dude rolled up in a del sol and saw my sticker and was like "i really would like to see you shit this thing" found out he was a mechanic who had just installed the drag 3 turbo kit for his boy, with a gsr swap and custom internal work. "dammit" i muttered to myself but ill race anything.. and i told him id take the sticker off if he won. i mean he SHOULD! hes lighter and more hp, but he couldnt over come the torque/turbolag/ and fwd takeoff because i took him 2 cars to 60mph and 1 car in the 1/4 mile. we went from a roll and the same thing happened. he said my car must run 12's i then showed him the slip for 14.0 @99mph (when i ran that slow) and he said i was a liar. what exactly do you have done anyway??? have you actually GONE to the track? im just interested in any car that i find that has performance per dollar at hand.. and the simple fact of the matter is: uSED DOMESTICS OWNED USED IMPORTS FOR BOTH MODDING AND COST (i.e and 88 2 brl accord aint got shit on a 88 350iroc or etc) but FOR SOME REASON NEW IMPORTS OWN NEW DOMESTICS FOR THE MONEY!!! I DONT BELIEVE IT! 16K for civic 3K for turbo, 2 k for coilovers, other suspension and intercooler and boltons vs. 23K for new mustang gt

Old 10-24-2002, 09:07 PM   #47
FAST97WS6

no pics on line yet, but i will soon...thanks guys....yeah shes a beast alright, hope to hit mid-low 10s tomorrow night! wish me luck guys!

Old 10-24-2002, 09:13 PM   #48
FAST97WS6

Quote:
Originally posted by ford50forlife
hehe i respect your car 00 si, but i really dont see how you hang with alot of domestics with the setup you got, (PLEASE DONT FLAME ME, IM REALLY NOT THAT COCKY!!!!)
i was at the local race get together and i used to get alotta shit before i took off my "SHITS VTEC" sticker on the back of my car, but one dude rolled up in a del sol and saw my sticker and was like "i really would like to see you shit this thing" found out he was a mechanic who had just installed the drag 3 turbo kit for his boy, with a gsr swap and custom internal work. "dammit" i muttered to myself but ill race anything.. and i told him id take the sticker off if he won. i mean he SHOULD! hes lighter and more hp, but he couldnt over come the torque/turbolag/ and fwd takeoff because i took him 2 cars to 60mph and 1 car in the 1/4 mile. we went from a roll and the same thing happened. he said my car must run 12's i then showed him the slip for 14.0 @99mph (when i ran that slow) and he said i was a liar. what exactly do you have done anyway??? have you actually GONE to the track? im just interested in any car that i find that has performance per dollar at hand.. and the simple fact of the matter is: uSED DOMESTICS OWNED USED IMPORTS FOR BOTH MODDING AND COST (i.e and 88 2 brl accord aint got shit on a 88 350iroc or etc) but FOR SOME REASON NEW IMPORTS OWN NEW DOMESTICS FOR THE MONEY!!! I DONT BELIEVE IT! 16K for civic 3K for turbo, 2 k for coilovers, other suspension and intercooler and boltons vs. 23K for new mustang gt

yeah bud, but it also depends on personal opinion, perosnally i hate the looks of the new mustangs, i think there but ugly, i do like fox bodies, and 96-98 mustangs, but personally, i do not like the guys with the civics who talk shit, but run 16s, this guy can beat most stock domesitcs, even a slug LS1, i;ve see a few LS1's run 13.9s, any stock LT1, 5.0, are game, and would waste most stock 94-98 GT'S, i think thats cool as hell....shit when my car was stock to years ago, i used to hit 13.9s all day long!

Old 10-24-2002, 09:21 PM   #49
ford50forlife
4th Gear

well put, and good luck tommorrow too but i think you should rethink your comment about 00si and a 94-97gt, IT WOULD BE ANIHILATION LOFL!, but imports are all about hp/wt and all you gotta do is get a fox body like mine and after a blistering run at the track tip the scales at 2640 with a full tank, WITH FULL INTERIOR! and back seats/cd player etc, no air though or heating system, and when you look at mild boltons like i, full exhaust no cats, uper lower intake, injectors, ram air, pullies, couple accessories bypassed , and timing bump, you get a cheap reliable car for 3500 and can OWN mostly any dumb person in a new c5 and has........... on tape. But then you get die hards like you and si00 that bring a whole new level of performance to the ballpark and i gotta respect that, HELL IF I HAD ANOTHER 1000 BUCKS I ALREADY GOT SLICKS ALL I NEED IS A 125hp SHOT OF ZEX ( with my already STOCK forged bottom end) and ill run 11's low to high all day, but until then hats off

Old 10-24-2002, 09:26 PM   #50
FAST97WS6

sounds like you have a nice ride your self, what do you run, high-mid 12s? when you get that ZEX kit, let me know your new times bro!

Old 10-24-2002, 09:38 PM   #51
ford50forlife
4th Gear

THIS IS WHAT I DONT GET!!!! IT ONLY Ran 13.7 at the track!!!! i dont get it, i got aftermarket intake but i didnt port the heads, and the car kinda sucks when i hit 3rd but the 0-60 is ****ing NUTS! its 5.2seconds. i lost to my freinds BONE stock 96 cobra from a 60mph roll i couldnt get it, ID KILL HIM FROM A STOP cause i got sicks suspension that will take me into 9's and drag radials, but once i put the ram air in (my old filter was never washed and 3 years old from 2 mustangs ago) i pulled him by 3 cars from 60 to 100, so i guess november 3rd ill be shooting for 12's, because i gteced the 0-100 before the 13.7 run at e-town and it was 12.7 and now it does 11.45 so i guess ill do 12's, BUT THE HORSE TO WEIGHT SHOULD HAVE ALREADY GOTTEN ME THERE EVEN WITH 340cfm of airflow, ANY TIPS??? :o

Old 10-24-2002, 09:43 PM   #52
FAST97WS6

what are your exact mods? intake, and slicks, will NOT get you into the 12s, and i'd take your gtech back, because its telling you wrong times, what gears do you have?

Old 10-24-2002, 09:57 PM   #53
ford50forlife
4th Gear

motor is a 88 speed density, with march pullies, bbk custom ram air intake, 70mm throttle body, trickflow upper and lower intake, 24 lb/hr injectors, smog pump disconnected, 1 5/8" headers, off road h-pipe, flowmaster 2 chambers, heavy weight synthetic, i got tubular k-frame , subframe connectors, uper and lower ssm bars, sway bar and bushings, 3.73 rear end, upgraded torque boxes, lakewood 90/10's up front with some coil shilznit the dude put in, and autozone crap out back. i wasnt running slicks i got 245/45/16 nittos. that spin a little and i average 2.0best and 2.2 average 60 ft's with a race weight of just over 2780 with me in it

Old 10-24-2002, 09:59 PM   #54
ford50forlife
4th Gear

and the g-tech was dead nuts on on the 12.7 because a aston martin v-12 does 5.2 o-60 and 12.7 0-100 and only does 13.7 1/4 mile so maybe a car with a 0-100 of 11.45 can do 13.2

Old 10-24-2002, 10:01 PM   #55
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
1997 Pontiac Trans am WS6-modifacations-
ATI D1 SC Twin Intercooled 14psi blower, 1995 Corvette 4 Bolt Block, All Machine work done by Pro Street Auto in Howell Michigan, APR Bolts and Studs, Canton Road Race 6qt. Oil Pan, Melling High Volume High Pressure Oil Pump, Callies RaceMaster 383 Crankshaft, Federal Mogul Coated Race Bearings, Oliver 6.0” I Beam Rods, JE 28cc Dished Ceramic Coated Pistons (9:1 compression), Rotating Assembly Fully Balanced by Callies, Cloyes LT1 Timing Chain, GTP Stage III Heads, Coated Chambers, Valves, and Ports, Lightweight 2.00” Intake/ 1.58” Exhaust Valves, Comp. Cams Custom Blower Grind Cam, Comp R series Roller Lifters, Comp Chrome Moly Pushrods, Comp 1.6 Magnum Self Aligning Rockers, Comp Valve Springs, AFR Hydra Rev Kit, Arizona Speed and Marine 58mm TB, Granatelli MAF, SVO 30lb Injectors........Hooker Long Tube 1 ¾” Headers, Mufflex 3” Y-pipe, 3.5” Mufflex cat. Back (Flowmaster Top 10 muffler), Hurst Shifter, SLP Lightweight Billet Steel Flywheel, Star Stage III clutch, Dana 3” Aluminum Drive shaft, TA Performance Alum. Rearend Girdle Cover, GM 4:10 Gears, GM LT4 Knock Module, AeroMotive Adjustible Fuel Pressure Reg. , Walbro 255hp Fuel Pump, Ed Wright “Fastchips” computer programming, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor ‘409’ 10.4mm Race Wires, Throttle Body Bypass, 160 degree Stat. , AutoMeter Boost/Vac. Gage, AutoMeter Elec. Fuel Pressure Gage, AutoMeter Oil Temp Gage, Autometer Tranny Temp Gage, McEwen White Face Gages, Momo Competition Steering Wheel, Corbeau Sportsman Seats, Simson 5pt. Cam Lock Belts .............Kenny Brown Double Diamond Subframe connectors, PA Racing Tubular K-member, LG MotorSport Strut Tower Brace, LG MotorSport Torque Arm, LG MotorSport Coil Over kit, Global West Upper Control Arms, Wolfe Race Craft 6 point roll cage, Energy Suspension Front Control Arm Bushings, Energy Suspension Tranny and Motor Mounts, Steve Spohn Adj. LCA’s with CM rod ends and polyurethane mounts, Steve Spohn Adj. Panhard Rod..
no new ET yet, with out blower
best ET: 11.41@126mph

*runs and hides in a dark corner*

Good luck man. Let us know what you run.
Old 10-24-2002, 10:05 PM   #56
FAST97WS6

i think you should be good for mid 13s, i know a guy with NO traction, with heads, cam, intakte, and exhuast, who could only pull off a 13.5@107, so he can do better, he got a nice MPH, but he needs slicks....mid 13s, is where i see you at, is it a 5 speed, or an A4?....if its a 5speed could depend on how you drive it. port your heads, get a mild street cam, i see you running 12s....or if you have the money drop a 351 winsdor in it

Old 10-24-2002, 10:16 PM   #57
ford50forlife
4th Gear

hehe then 13.7 ISNT that bad hmmm. but ill tell you when i put that ram air in IT MADE A HELLA DIFFERENCE, and with a "PROJECTED" 1.25 second drop in 0-100 i should only hope for a 13.3, oh and i know about traction.. hehe i raced the class 2 winner of import vs. domestic round 3 i think, his name is john solomen he has a fully built 306 that runs 13.2 on streets, and i smoked him by 1.5 cars 4 times to date dead stop 1/4 mile, he was pulling slightly but he only passed me 1 time and that was when i missed 4th and he pulled passed me at 110 but thats because he was spinning through 3rd, ive also raced many mustangs and ive only lost to 2 5.0's around here actually, one 347 with 150 shot (not a race......... and it was motor and he missed 2 too ) and a supercharged stock 5.0 notchback that got me buy 2 cars 1/4 mile.. my car RUNS SO FAST ON THE STREET but 1/4 at e-town it sucks.... i dunno maybe i get nervous down at the track i mean i gotta do better than 13.7 its so ****ing light dude if i were you though i wouldnt have to worry about breaking 12's would i

Old 10-24-2002, 10:25 PM   #58
FAST97WS6

nah right now i'm going for 10s, and i'm 100% sure i'll get there, unless i break something, i will be happy with mid - low 10s...so lets hope it all goes well tomorrow!

Old 10-24-2002, 10:35 PM   #59
ford50forlife
4th Gear

word best of luck, and if you win in the lane next to you be sure to put your flashers on to let him now

Old 10-24-2002, 10:42 PM   #60
drdingo21

im not trying to be a dick but ford50forlife why are you here? i mean if your here just to start shit then please leave, your sigs flames imports and your name and is ford50forlife. If not then.... always wanted a 5.0 and i aslo agree you, after i read your mods i thought you would be into the low 13s or maybe high 12s...I am always a little worried wheni race 5.0 in my truck or civic, they are mean.
Also FAST97WS6 man thats nice let us know how everything goes tomarrow. Maybe even take a video camera and let us see
Old 10-24-2002, 10:42 PM   #61
FAST97WS6

hopfully i'll race something worth racing, i mean ET wise, so it will be agood one, when i ran my 11.4, i freaking raced a 95 mustang GT, that pulled off a bone chilling 15.1@92mph.....

Old 10-24-2002, 10:48 PM   #62
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by drdingo21
im not trying to be a dick but ford50forlife why are you here? i mean if your here just to start shit then please leave, your sigs flames imports and your name and is ford50forlife. If not then.... always wanted a 5.0 and i aslo agree you, after i read your mods i thought you would be into the low 13s or maybe high 12s...I am always a little worried wheni race 5.0 in my truck or civic, they are mean.
Also FAST97WS6 man thats nice let us know how everything goes tomarrow. Maybe even take a video camera and let us see

Easy. Its just a phrase. He hasn't said anything to anyone that's negative.
Old 10-24-2002, 10:53 PM   #63
FAST97WS6

my camera is broken or i would, thanks man, i just herd it might rain tomrrow, lets hope not! anyways im out for the night, later yall!

Old 10-24-2002, 10:58 PM   #64
drdingo21

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict
Easy. Its just a phrase. He hasn't said anything to anyone that's negative.
i figured it was i am just sick of people starting stuff because its honda...
Old 10-24-2002, 11:36 PM   #65
ford50forlife
4th Gear

HEY WOAH NOW. i just got this link from my friend, YOU CAN CHECK OUT MY SITE ABOUT ANTI RICE (www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife),but on cardomain im just weeding out the 5' monster tachs on econoboxes from the hardcore underdogs thats all! THANK YOU CIVIC addict for the backup, I UNDERSTAND Now why people mod these "ecoboxes" its because of the challenge 1, and 2 its about starting with something meant for reliability and turning it into a category that at one time people scoffed at, but the fact is 90% OF FAST 4 CYLS DONT HAVE BODY MODS i now respect FAST hondas, but as my sig says, ON THE STREET ive Not lost to one of the, and i personally have never lost to a street tired street legal honda AND I RACE DAILY! best race though was the mechanic who just installed a drag 3 kit on his freinds gsr del sol @10psi i took him 2 times in the 1/4 mile once was from a 10 roll because that thing didnt hook for piss. (SORRY IM NOT BEING COCKY ITS THE TRUTH!) i WAS schooled by a 550bhp subaru wrx that said he had intake and exhasut but that was only 100 bucks but iTOOK HIM TO 80! i run alot faster on the street. i respect hondas DONE RIGHT not all the PLAYA's around these parts that either CANT DRIVE or dont bring anything to the table. like i said im just weeding out! hell i even took a 2000 prelude sh with nos and cam gears i/h/e with my 88 cherokee thats on my site and you can read about it there, but he couldnt drive . i know a couple things about honda too and i thought of buying one once b16a in a bubbleback

Old 10-24-2002, 11:38 PM   #66
ford50forlife
4th Gear

+ you guys got the horsepower to weight (WHEN DONE UP RIGHT), but still not the horse to weight you can get from a foxbody but i wont start

Old 10-24-2002, 11:51 PM   #67
SVT Cobra

where in CT are you?
i wanted to go to E-town tomarrow, but it will prob rain. maybe next friday i'll go. i want some drag radials but i have no money...
ive seen time slips from ppl with my same mods run 13.3's on street tires. it will be my first time though... i'll prob do shitty, but i can definitly drive.
you're car sounds nice. you've probably got near 310 hp in a car that light. you should hit low 13's.
the import vs. domestics is on sunday right? i'll have to see if i can get the day off from work.
you can IM me on pest36 if you want.

Old 10-25-2002, 12:24 AM   #68
ford50forlife
4th Gear

thats cool bro ive raced someone with the EXACT same setup you got but a white droptop and he cant drive worth a farthing, beat him 5 times date out of 5(im not cocky though) BECAUSE HE LOST TO MY BOYS BONE STOCK FROM THE FACTORY 96 mystic cobra. 2 times ON TAPE! lofl
actually i got around 270 im guessing at the flywheel because of unported stock heads and aftermarket intake, but its the power to weight thats what matters... i only run 13.7 but ive fixed problems since then and lost 1.25 seconds on my 0-100mph im at 11.45 from a 12.7 so i should do 13.2 on sunday (yup its sumday ) i live in trumbull so if you live around there visit my site at www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife for details or im me at daevolution and well set something up, if it dont rain tommorrow GOOD LUCK

Old 10-25-2002, 12:27 AM   #69
ford50forlife
4th Gear

yea and if you can hold off on next friday and wait 2 more days and well meet up there i gotta train of like 20 cars i pissed off in cardomain from my ANTIrice site so youll see me race allotttta peops for money but youll see my car there maybe well cross paths on the way down HEHE! ill have the pink notchback missing the front right side market and making a spoooling sound!

Old 10-25-2002, 05:41 AM   #70
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

ford50forlife ,
Who is that first pic of? "RAAAR"! Lol.
Old 10-25-2002, 06:26 AM   #71
Parked

Mr WS6 - hang out at www.camaroz28.com msg board at all? =) Best Lt1/LS1 board out there me thinks... Nice ride! One day i'll have my blown 383 too...
Old 10-25-2002, 07:05 AM   #72
SVT Cobra

ur trumbull?
ur 10 min away lol.
im in newtown
how old are you?
ill see if i can take off sunday and go to e-town.... i'll continue to search for drag radials to borrow!

Old 10-25-2002, 10:18 AM   #73
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by FAST97WS6
nah right now i'm going for 10s, and i'm 100% sure i'll get there, unless i break something, i will be happy with mid - low 10s...so lets hope it all goes well tomorrow!

is that street driven?

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
Old 10-25-2002, 05:36 PM   #74
FAST97WS6

Quote:
Originally posted by guest
Mr WS6 - hang out at www.camaroz28.com msg board at all? =) Best Lt1/LS1 board out there me thinks... Nice ride! One day i'll have my blown 383 too...

nah man i have never been on there before, i might have to get on there, this is my frist time on the internet!

Old 10-25-2002, 05:38 PM   #75
FAST97WS6

Quote:
Originally posted by 4thGenlude
is that street driven?

yeah it is, NOT a daily driver tho, i have a 97 explorer i dirve around most of the time, not that its becoming winter, i dirve it less and less, i usually take it out on days i want to feel the horse power!

Old 10-25-2002, 05:47 PM   #76
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i see, i would just drop my jaw if i herd that car on the street, i see you have a 4.10 rear end... you dont have trouble hitting your speed limiter? my friend had a 4.10 in his v6 mustang and would max out at 93mph

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
Old 10-25-2002, 05:58 PM   #77
ford50forlife
4th Gear

hehe svt damn i didnt know you where so close? you ever go to d+d in trumbull? thats where i hang out before i go to the 25 light to run em... but yea id be glad to meet up i was SUPPOSSED to get my license back today (DAMN POLICE!) but the sr-22 form didnt make it cause people were slacking and ill get it back on tuesday so post here or get the info on my site and well figure something out

Old 10-25-2002, 05:59 PM   #78
ford50forlife
4th Gear

oh and btw... YOU LIKE THAT FRONT PAGE DONT YOU CIVIC ADDICT like i said i bash WANNA BE import drivers not the hardcore ones

Old 10-25-2002, 06:08 PM   #79
SVT Cobra

i cannot hit 160 like used to with the 3.27's 4thgenlude. my speedometer is off by about 10mph up to 80, then it gets retarded anywhere from 15-20mph off. i don't think i can get over 145mph. trust me i get up there quick though.

which D+D in trumbull. i see ppl go to the one in monroe that is 24 hours on 111? rt.25 connector is an awesome light to race from. no cops till the median. i usually do a little top speed testing over there. so fun. we should def meet sometime. i know some ppl in trumbull, fairfield, shelton... i go around that area alot. used to live in bpt till i was 3 lol.
if u have AIM, im me on Pest36. know what, we may go see jackass at crown marquis tonight. either that or go to alchemy in new haven. how old are you btw?

Old 10-26-2002, 01:13 PM   #80
ford50forlife
4th Gear

thats cool my im is daevolution.. we usually go to d+d at trumbull center on wednesdays before heading out to 25 light (PEOPLE HATE 3rd BEEP NOWADAYS! ) but im 19... it would be an interesting run because ive raced someone with the EXACT same setup as you with a white cobra (given he cant race for shit ) and with drag radials was able to fend him off until about 135 and we shut down, but that was when i ran 14.0 with problems. hehe but now i fixed like EVERYTHIGN (i hope) and i was a rematch but hes a *****, dude in all honesty if you race for money D+D is the place in the center SO MANY STUPID KIDS, or bad drivers, HELL I BEAT A C5 vette on tape when i ran 13.7 BY LIKE 3 cars, and THE KID HAS A 1000hp supra too so he can drive lofl! gray w/ white stripe but you can definately own there

Closed Thread