::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2002, 11:36 PM   #1
diligent_dave

(vtec) sol searching >long story<

There's a kid at my work that has a friend who has an old stock mkI supra turbo. He's been hyping it up and sayin' that the thing can beat z28's. I say that my buddy Frank has beaten modded mkI and mkII turbo supras in his SHO and that I'm pretty sure I could hang with a stock one. hehehe

So today he asks for my cell numma and says he'll call at like 8 o clock and for me to pick the place. I have a good little strip I like in an industrial area and tell him that I'll race the guy whenever.

He never calls...

So Frank comes by and I scoop him up and we go cruisin in my sol, heading towards the would-be race spot. On the way there there's a V6 chevy truck that starts playin with me. Frank knows the guy and says he's got headers, flows, intake, chip, some other stuff. We're goin about 40 down the highway and I hear him hit the gas and I downshift to second. The sol walks from him until I shut down from about 90 (top of third).

Now we're cruisin at 70. He's kinda jumpin a little to show off his exhaust. lol Then all of a sudden he guns it, he has about a 2 second start on me before I downshift into 3rd. He's got a car on me by the time I get into 4th but I'm catchin up. Shift into 4th and I start pulling from him nastily. I shut it down from 115.

Get to the would-be race spot. I take a solo run and row through the gears. No cars anywhere in sight. Just me and a huge, wide, straight, stretch of road about a 1/2 mile long. I do a 0-115-0 run and head back towards home.

Go to gas station and refuel.

Hit the freeway. Nothing there. Get off at the exit and a 4th gen accord behind me revs at me. We both turn the same way and then catch a light together. Not much of a race. We both squeel our tires off the light and I have him by like a buslength and a half by 60. Damn kids and their hondas.

Headin back to my house I come up to a newer Mustang GT. Prolly a 2002 model. We both roll out from a light and then gun it. I stayed next to him forever. That is, if forever means a half of a second at which time he runs like hell. He slows down.

We're next to each other again at 40mph. He's revvin at me. Then he hits the gas. I shift into 2nd and I'm at his door. Then he downshifts and tears me a new one. I wish I had 260 hp.

Guess I'll find out what happened to that supra tommorow.
Old 10-14-2002, 11:42 PM   #2
drdingo21

lol good kill. i agree about the gts they are mean my civic can beat normal mustangs but anything above that pretty much kills me
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 11:50 PM   #3
diligent_dave

Yeah these new GT's are pretty nice. The old ones, especially the 96-98 are dogs. They only have 235 hp stock. I love racing them because the people driving them think they are so cool, but then they have a little honda beat them.
Old 10-15-2002, 12:09 AM   #4
ShEaNy

wow u love to race..lol nice kills..
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 10:07 PM   #5
diligent_dave

Raced that turbo supra tonight. WE couldn't go from the spot I planned on so we had to settle on a short run. I spun all through first and caught traction 200 rpm before the rev limiter. I had a bumper on him at that time. Then as I shifted into second I was at his door. We hit third and he started to go bye bye. Fun race.
Old 10-16-2002, 02:31 PM   #6
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Nice kills.

The new GTs are pretty nice. Running 14's stock isn't too shabby.