Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2002, 02:25 AM   #1
richmclaren

Civic vs Neon (Big Surprise)

First off, no offense to any Neon owners out there, but I think they're gross. Secondly, this story shows them in a good light, but it happened to my ex-boyfriend so that's why it's funny.

My ex drives a 2000 Civic EX. He hasn't done much to it except for an intake and exhaust. (He claims he has a DC header (is it plural: headers? I really don't know, this subject makes me feel inadequate) but I and all of our friends know he doesn't.) He pulls up next to a Neon that's all "riced" out. I mean it was HORRIBLY done. Anyway, my ex revs up his engine and so does the other driver. When the light turns green, he pulls out in front. But not for long. After a few "zip zip zip's," that TURBO Neon laid him out. I laughed when I found out.

Old 08-31-2002, 03:18 AM   #2
accordboy00

header.....
4-bangers=1 header
V6's =2 headers

Ex Civics are pretty slow. Neons are extremely ugly, especially the older ones. Have you ever put you ex to shame in your integ?

Old 08-31-2002, 03:46 AM   #3
Grip72

I hate Neons sooo much..the old ones, the new ones and the future ones!!
Old 08-31-2002, 10:11 AM   #4
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

considering Dodge is coming out with the Neon SRT-4 that's putting out a turbo charged 205hp I wouldnt count neons out as a serious competitor just yet.
Old 08-31-2002, 02:01 PM   #5
richmclaren

Quote:
Originally posted by accordboy00
header.....
4-bangers=1 header
V6's =2 headers

Ex Civics are pretty slow. Neons are extremely ugly, especially the older ones. Have you ever put you ex to shame in your integ?

Thanks for the clarification. I just always heard it said in the plural form but wasn't sure if that was right.

HAHA...I whooped his ass twice. (We only raced two times.) After that, he refused to race me anymore AND he made up excuses for it. ("You had a head start" or "I wasn't ready yet.") If anything, I gave HIM a head start in the first race. The night after I beat him, he went and begged his parents for a Celica GTS...he never got it.

And to follow up on delsolvtec's post, my friend in Germany raced a Neon RT and he said it was pretty damn fast!

Old 09-02-2002, 02:05 PM   #6
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by delsolvtec
considering Dodge is coming out with the Neon SRT-4 that's putting out a turbo charged 205hp I wouldnt count neons out as a serious competitor just yet.
Nope not at all.

I don't like the looks of them particularly, but I'm not gonna slam them..
Old 09-02-2002, 06:38 PM   #7
monkut

they're still unsure of what the final hp output will be on the srt-4 but ive heard as high as 225 and now for the first time, as low as 205. maybe its final now, im not sure though.

Old 09-04-2002, 10:32 PM   #8
vuep

v-6 one header

Old 09-04-2002, 11:40 PM   #9
Violent Apathy

wouldn't call the civic losing a big surprise. sure neons suck, but civics really aren't much better.

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005
Old 09-05-2002, 12:34 AM   #10
richmclaren

Quote:
Originally posted by TheBaconKing
wouldn't call the civic losing a big surprise. sure neons suck, but civics really aren't much better.

I meant the neon's turbo was the "big surprise," not the fact that the Civic lost.

Old 09-07-2002, 08:31 PM   #11
blind34_1

That is rather surprising. The most I would expect inside a riced out neon would be a fart pipe and one of those no name intakes from autozone. Oh yeah, btw I think your ex has the wrong idea. If you lose against someone, dont just go out and buy a new car to boost your ego, improve the one you have.
Old 09-08-2002, 12:46 PM   #12
richmclaren

Quote:
Originally posted by blind34_1
Oh yeah, btw I think your ex has the wrong idea. If you lose against someone, dont just go out and buy a new car to boost your ego, improve the one you have.

Yeah, that's what everyone told him. He eventually decided to drop in a GSR motor and turbo it. We were all like, "Yeah, and with what means? Your MOM wouldn't let you put on the carbon fiber hood that you already bought. How old are you now? You're in college?" He could've fooled us.

I'm sorry, I'm ranting. I'll stop.

Old 09-08-2002, 01:05 PM   #13
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by TheBaconKing

amen to that!

Old 09-08-2002, 11:01 PM   #14
abc

Re: Civic vs Neon (Big Surprise)

Quote:
Originally posted by accordboy00
header.....
4-bangers=1 header
V6's =2 headers

I know it's header but I like to call them headers anyone else with me? or it might just be cuase I drive a V8 and I got use it to.

Old 09-08-2002, 11:05 PM   #15
mt.biker

Re: Re: Civic vs Neon (Big Surprise)

Quote:
Originally posted by abc

I know it's header but I like to call them headers anyone else with me? or it might just be cuase I drive a V8 and I got use it to.

what do you drive?

Old 09-08-2002, 11:25 PM   #16
abc

94 camaro Z28.. All stock.

Old 09-08-2002, 11:31 PM   #17
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by abc

I know it's header but I like to call them headers anyone else with me?

same here. sometimes i refer to them as headers, even thou it's only one

Old 09-08-2002, 11:34 PM   #18
abc

Just seems more "right" you know what i'm sayin'?

Old 09-08-2002, 11:36 PM   #19
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

YUP

Old 09-08-2002, 11:39 PM   #20
abc

Yeah a little off topic, but alot of people think there is only import and domestic people, And they keep forgetting about the group inbetween. Like me. I'm not domestic nor import, i'm a car guy.

Old 09-08-2002, 11:44 PM   #21
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by abc
i'm a car guy.

Yep, I'm with you on that one.
Old 09-08-2002, 11:51 PM   #22
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by abc
i'm a car guy.

same here but somewhat i'm biased towards accords even they are slower than dirt

Old 09-08-2002, 11:53 PM   #23
abc

Figured you would be. I can't stand it when import people say domestic are wrong, and domestic people say import people are wrong... Neither one is wrong, American cars have there pros and cons, as do imports... I currently own a American car, but that don't mean I wouldn't buy a imported car. My car has alot of low end torque. But it can't rev as high, cuase of long stokes, and higher displacement. Oh and poor gas milage. Not bad usly above 20 mph (depending on my driving) but not 33 like some imports. My next car might be a new S2000. Or used Corvette C5. I've always wanted a Vette sence I was a kid, but S2000 arn't bad.

Old 09-08-2002, 11:54 PM   #24
abc

accord's arn't bad my cousin' owned one. Never drove it but the looks 'n such.

Old 09-08-2002, 11:57 PM   #25
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by abc
Figured you would be. I can't stand it when import people say domestic are wrong, and domestic people say import people are wrong... Neither one is wrong, American cars have there pros and cons, as do imports... I currently own a American car, but that don't mean I wouldn't buy a imported car. My car has alot of low end torque. But it can't rev as high, cuase of long stokes, and higher displacement. Oh and poor gas milage. Not bad usly above 20 mph (depending on my driving) but not 33 like some imports. My next car might be a new S2000. Or used Corvette C5. I've always wanted a Vette sence I was a kit, but S2000 arn't bad.

i'm not saying that i talk crap about other cars. i really like a nice car, or one that is done right. what upsets me most is when ppl are talking crap about other cars without having any knowledge about the subject.

Old 09-09-2002, 12:11 AM   #26
ShEaNy

yea im a car guy to...i like em all..and just like hondamaniac...im biased towards accords....
Old 09-09-2002, 12:27 AM   #27
'00EX5-turbo

abc

u r good, man. u should have a talk with a guy named v8killimport here in the forum. he doesnt respect cars and he trash talk cars. i hope everybody has the kind of understanding u have.

Old 09-09-2002, 12:36 AM   #28
abc

Yes I think there should be more people like me. And i'm guessing you too.

Old 09-09-2002, 01:29 AM   #29
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by abc
I'm not domestic nor import, i'm a car guy.

AMEN. Glad to have you around the forums

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
Old 09-09-2002, 04:03 PM   #30
abc

Glad to be here, I'm also on vtec.net forum. Some good people over there.

Old 09-10-2002, 12:49 PM   #31
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Im a gearhead... If its got tires I like it..

I dont see any car as, just a car.. I see every car as potential to be something better then it came from factory. Im a sick person, but Id drive a Chevettes if I could get one. Especially if I could get ahold of a BB to drop in it!
Old 09-15-2002, 05:12 PM   #32
VR4_Craver
Banned

I cant beleive the general consensus here. Sure Civic EX arent the fastest but i wont belive that a neon beat one until i seen one do it. I have seen several Civics race with Camaro's and win for a while but once the sheer engine size makes up the difference then the civic goes down. But i am still yet to see a Neon give a Camaro a run for its money.
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
Old 09-15-2002, 05:31 PM   #33
ShEaNy

ive seen a civic beat a viper on video..was it digitally altered...i have no idea.. but thats what i call fast.. neons have potential ALL cars do...u never know what people do to there engine till u get beat...
Old 09-15-2002, 07:12 PM   #34
fastasfoggy

Re: Civic vs Neon (Big Surprise)

Quote:
Originally posted by richmclaren
to my ex-boyfriend so that's why it's funny.

My ex drives a 2000 Civic EX. Anyway, my ex revs up his engine and so does the other driver.

so youre not seeing anyone?

Old 09-15-2002, 08:48 PM   #35
Kyle
elyK

Quote:
Originally posted by VR4_Craver
I cant beleive the general consensus here. Sure Civic EX arent the fastest but i wont belive that a neon beat one until i seen one do it. I have seen several Civics race with Camaro's and win for a while but once the sheer engine size makes up the difference then the civic goes down. But i am still yet to see a Neon give a Camaro a run for its money.
the neon was turbo...or did i read wrong?...

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 09-16-2002, 01:16 AM   #36
richmclaren

Quote:
Originally posted by fastasfoggy

so youre not seeing anyone?

Ha Ha! No, I am not seeing anyone right now.

And Mobbo: Yes, you read it right, the Neon had a turbo.

Old 09-16-2002, 03:01 AM   #37
abc

I've never seen a Turbo neon... And i've never seen a turbo civic.. I think an Integra had a turbo, but I couldn't rice him... I was on E driving to the gas station. And if case no one knew camaro's don't get good gas milage... even more so when you're racing one. And good thing I didn't race him I just made it.

Old 09-17-2002, 10:02 AM   #38
crxb16hybrid

Not to say I like neons but theres this kat at the track that runs mid to high 8s in his .......(the 8s are in an 1/8 mile ) but the car is pretty dam fast and its a sedan...Also he wont tell what he has in the thing .....You never see the hood open ....I know hes gotta shot on it but thats the only thing we have been able to confirm......Oh well the thing is still ugly....

Old 09-18-2002, 05:59 AM   #39
abc

Yeah thats quick, what about 10-11 in the 1/4? I would guess a turbo, a nice turbo. maybe even 2 of them. My car runs in the mids 14s (AIC), I not sure about the 1/8 i've never raced it... I have no clue where the closest truck is... If any one knows tell me I live near Albany, N.Y. (Upstate NY)....

And always remember his car is a ugly ass compact family sedan.

Old 09-18-2002, 07:04 AM   #40
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by abc
And always remember his car is a ugly ass compact family sedan.
lol
Closed Thread