FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2002, 02:25 PM   #41
Grip72

Old 10-19-2002, 04:26 PM   #42
11secneon

any classic hondas etc

hey everyone,

I'll see you in 20 years when my car is a classic and your car is a recycled aluminum can!

You don't see many classic cars do you?
enough said

I have a 2.4motor w/aluminum flywheel, kevlar clutch with a t3 turbo what do you have?

LOL

I love my little go kart honda its so fast and furious

you've got to be kidding, with your underpowered all show and no go wanne be lowriders, get a real car

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Old 10-19-2002, 05:17 PM   #43
mt.biker

Re: any classic hondas etc

Quote:
Originally posted by 11secneon
hey everyone,

I'll see you in 20 years when my car is a classic and your car is a recycled aluminum can!

enough said

I have a 2.4motor w/aluminum flywheel, kevlar clutch with a t3 turbo what do you have?

LOL

you've got to be kidding, with your underpowered all show and low go wanne be lowriders, get a real car

Just because you dont have taste doesn't mean you can bash Honda's get out of her chrysler boy

Old 10-19-2002, 06:30 PM   #44
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

ok guys this is getting old
Why come on a honda board and bash hondas. He beat a neon. Good for him.
And as for the time slip...yeah I would like to see your 14.99. My shitty little aluminum can has beat neons before. Big deal. drop it.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
Old 10-19-2002, 10:14 PM   #45
Mike98Neon

LEFT. . . .
Car #...57
Class...
DIAL...
R/T... .544
60'... 1.992
330... 6.851
1/8... 9.791
MPH... 73.08
1000... 13.599

1/4... 14.996
MPH... 93.62

No nitrous...

Mopar ECU.....................$100
Mopar header................$ 40
Mopar short throw $100
Mopar CAI $100
FMM...............................$ 25
Tsudo DTM $190
VHONG spacer $ 8

Total $563 dollars

Old 10-19-2002, 11:28 PM   #46
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike98Neon
LEFT. . . .
Car #...57
Class...
DIAL...
R/T... .544
60'... 1.992
330... 6.851
1/8... 9.791
MPH... 73.08
1000... 13.599

1/4... 14.996
MPH... 93.62

No nitrous...

Mopar ECU.....................$100
Mopar header................$ 40
Mopar short throw $100
Mopar CAI $100
FMM...............................$ 25
Tsudo DTM $190
VHONG spacer $ 8

Total $563 dollars

Where'd you get a Mopar ECU for $100? Most of the ones I've seen are $200+. What CAI do you have? The Mopar CAI goes for about $250. I'm not even going to continue on the rest. Did you buy these used?

Don't try to make yourself look good by saying you only spent $xxx to run 14.99. And I'd figure you for better times with that many mods.
Old 10-19-2002, 11:33 PM   #47
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Re: any classic hondas etc

Quote:
hey everyone,

enough said

LOL

you've got to be kidding, with your underpowered all show and no go wanne be lowriders, get a real car

Haha. You're joking right? You actually think a Neon is going to be a classic? I'm not saying a Civic will be, but come on. Neither ECONOMY car will be a classic. Not gonna happen. Now something like a WS6 or a Cobra R. Now those will be classics.

How much boost are you pushing? Just wondering because judging by your name you claim 11's in the 1/4.
Old 10-20-2002, 01:01 AM   #48
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

dude.... dont make a fool out of yourself. a neon is a american civic. i eat neons for breakfast. at the track i goto (bithlo right by orlando) ive chased a few neons down when i get a crappy r/t or launch. im not saying they are piss ass slow, but dont think you have a great car. economy cars dont make it to be a classic, and up untill a little over 20 years ago japan didnt even import honda to america... so its REAL hard to have a classic honda. i think in 20 years, the NSX and sk2 will be classics, maybe the prelude.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
Old 10-20-2002, 10:24 AM   #49
Mike98Neon

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict
Where'd you get a Mopar ECU for $100? Most of the ones I've seen are $200+. What CAI do you have? The Mopar CAI goes for about $250. I'm not even going to continue on the rest. Did you buy these used?

Don't try to make yourself look good by saying you only spent $xxx to run 14.99. And I'd figure you for better times with that many mods.

The Mopar CAI is an Iceman, Mopar sells it out of their factory performance catalog. I bought all of the items used, including the header. And that's not a whole lot of mods. I/H/E + a short throw with a filled front motor mount (fmm) is hardly alot of mods. Next season I have some internal mods planned. Such as:

10.5:1 pistons
#16 Crane cams
Eagle Connecting rods
60mm TB
Oversized Stainless steel valves
Shotpeened rods
3 angle valve job
Crane Cams' Racing Valve Spring and Titanium Retainers
Blackdog motorsports long tube equal length header
Stage III drag axles
9" rage clutch

This should be able to get me into the mid 13's all motor at the current altitude I'm at here in Utah which is 7250 ft above sea level.

Budget: about $3,900 +565=4463 for a 13 second (12 second @ sea level) all motor car. Not the cheapest, but not bad at all.

All your Hondas berong to us

Old 10-20-2002, 11:51 AM   #50
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:

do you want to know how fast i would be with $4000?

Old 10-20-2002, 12:25 PM   #51
HoLun

I have a 95 neon brought new from the dealer in 95, fast foward to today, the neon got bad brakes (leaky wheel and master cylinders), replaced rack and pionion, paint starting to chip off the body, headlight starting to fog up because its cheap plastic and it cause 200+ each at the dealer for replacement (holy sh!t), Replaced Cat converter, and the PS pump is making noises now.

and my 91 Prelude, not thing wrong with it except the AC nob in the console fell off.

There are some good things about the neon, The stock stereo is awsome compare to other stock units, the sheet metal seems very thick.

also the neon suspension is ass compare to my prelude, may be because I am compare to a sports car... Working under the hood is an ass also, every thing is so cramped together, changing the light bulb is out of the question if you have big hands...

some economy car does make it to the classics, the 60's Ford Falcon is an example, I love classic cars.

I dont hate neons, I have one, It was good when it was new, but afte all these cocky neon owners show up here flaming, I am starting to change my view.

dollar for dollar compare to some of the imports, the quality of the neon is piss poor. Yeah it have lots of hosepower, but what good does it do if the wheels falls off....

Old 10-20-2002, 03:54 PM   #52
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by 4thGenlude
do you want to know how fast i would be with $4000?

hahaha so true man
they wouldn't hold up to you..hahaha...nevermind..with $4000 I would be hella fast also

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

Old 10-20-2002, 04:26 PM   #53
Mike98Neon

I never said my method would be the cheapest. My goal is to have an all motor car in the low to mid 12's when I run at sea level. It'd take alot more than 4k to get a prelude even with an h22 to get into the same time bracket with only engine mods and pump gas and be a reliable daily driver while still paying for "family sedan" insurance. No forced induction, no nitrous oxide just internal bolt on parts. I don't think I'm being cocky. If you think I am because of these posts then okay

Old 10-20-2002, 04:47 PM   #54
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

$4000= turbo kit, cams, new head gasket. that would be 12 seconds, cause i can run 12psi then on pump gas safly. dont say family sedan crap man, keep the argument fair. you cant "own all our hondas" but exclude me cause i have a sports coupe.civic owners know they dont have the fastest cars on earth, and they modify them to be faster. owning a neon i'd think you would have a bit more knowladge of how slow cars can be made fast. you are proving to me that you dont. just remeber as fast as you wana make your car, for the same money, mine will be faster.

Old 10-20-2002, 05:31 PM   #55
AzCivic

This is about the stupidest argument i've seen. My neon is better. NO my Honda is better. Who gives a ****.

On a side note: Neons look gay.
Old 10-20-2002, 05:37 PM   #56
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
This is about the stupidest argument i've seen. My neon is better. NO my Honda is better. Who gives a ****.

On a side note: Neons look gay.

hahahahaha....
Quote:
$4000= turbo kit, cams, new head gasket. that would be 12 seconds, cause i can run 12psi then on pump gas safly. dont say family sedan crap man, keep the argument fair. you cant "own all our hondas" but exclude me cause i have a sports coupe.civic owners know they dont have the fastest cars on earth, and they modify them to be faster. owning a neon i'd think you would have a bit more knowladge of how slow cars can be made fast. you are proving to me that you dont. just remeber as fast as you wana make your car, for the same money, mine will be faster.

Old 10-20-2002, 06:02 PM   #57
Mike98Neon

Quote:

What I don't understand is why you're all bent out of shape over the argument in the first place. Why am I a moron for A. Owning a neon. B. wanting to make an all motor 12 second car. I never wanted to exclude your prelude from the whole bit. What I am saying is that when comparing a compact sedan (civic) to a compact sedan (neon). The neon walks all over the competition at each and every level of competition. Also the neons could give a very good run for the money on much more expensive cars, such as: The Prelude (comparing the same years) and the mustang and the camaro and a myriad of other cars, sometimes costing up to $10,000 more. Neons were designed from the beginning from Chrysler to do 2 things. 1. Be the roomiest affordable compact car in the market. 2. Be a serious contender for the scca grassroots road racing segment. Both of which have done very well. The Civic on the other hand was designed to be a fairly inexpensive compact commuter car that only became popular because of the fuel crunch of the mid 70's. The accord CVCC appeard in 1976 and I beleive the civic CVCC appeared in 1977. They boasted mpg ratings of over 46mpg and 68hp My 150hp expresso gets 46mpg with all the modifications I've done to it (which isn't much) What I find hilarious is that some of you folks can't stomach the facts and retort with "X cars are/look gay" then have the rest of the ones who are ignorant say "yah they do!" 4thgenlude, you're one of the few (from what Ive read so far) have a decent head on your shoulders and don't seem to spout off tons of ignorant garbage. What about your time slips and modifications to your car? I'd like to know. best e.t.?

Old 10-20-2002, 06:09 PM   #58
HoLun

Quote:
What I don't understand is why you're all bent out of shape over the argument in the first place. Why am I a moron for A. Owning a neon.

Look at the first neon guy that post here, it is he who call us moron.

and here it is...

Quote:
Your sorry little gokart has pathetic mods, you know nothing about neons, there is no ex moron, do you only know honda speak? I could take apart my whole car and put it back together flawlessly, can you change even your pistons? I bet you have never had your head off, if you had it would be ported and polished like we neonites do because we know a little something about cars.

So you smoked some dude that thought he was fast, so what. If I pulled up next to you, I would hand you your ass.

My car weighs 2400lbs have a 260 hp and 255 lbs of torque to the wheels bro!

I could pull up to any of you sorry ricers in your honda,hyundai,acura whatever.

You just wait till you see a neon srt it comes stock w/215hp at the crank, just wait till we neonites mod it out!

Also the dodge razor is coming out soon specs:
250hp rear wheel drive 6-speed MSRP:15,000

hahahahahahahaha
lol

and you thought a 240hp honda accord was cool?
not since it weighs 3400lbs (gas mileage sucks too 21 in the city)

love your honda all you want

Old 10-20-2002, 06:19 PM   #59
Mike98Neon

Quote:
Originally posted by HoLun
Look at the first neon guy that post here, it is he who call us moron.

and here it is...

Looks to me he was calling one person a moron. Do you speak like that for real or are you being sarcastic?

Old 10-20-2002, 06:52 PM   #60
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

We all know what civics and neons were made for. Who cares. You've beat some civics, I've beat some neons. Good for both of us.

Old 10-20-2002, 08:02 PM   #61
Grip72

Man.i never thought i would get s*** on for just saying I beat a neon..my bad.....p.s. I thought this was HONDAstyle.com....not NEONstyle.com?!? PERIOD
Old 10-20-2002, 09:07 PM   #62
monkut

it shouldn't be that hard to understand why they would get upset.

Old 10-20-2002, 09:32 PM   #63
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:

i think you included me. i have nothign against you, nor anyone else how is in the car scene for tuning a car. but coming on here with a 14.9 second neon(which i will say is very fast from what ive seen at my track for those mods) saying you own all our hondas where thats what my car can run bone stock, you cant expect me to defend my car. i have more bolt ons than you do, and my car will probobly outhandle yours. i'd relly be interested in seeing your time slips of 12's with 4000 in engine work, cause thats ALOT of speed to get in a full interior all motor neon.

Old 10-20-2002, 10:41 PM   #64
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

This thread is crackin me up.

Accord17, thanks for the " Killed a neon fruit" title. You've seemed to successfully piss off every Neon owner.:o

Neons are the American equivelant to Civics. Face it. Neither are sports cars or were intended to be. But I think that's part of the fun. You can't compare a Neon to a Prelude. They aren't in the same class. Preludes are sport coupes.

Ahh.. Anyhow. Carry on with the pointless arguing.
Old 10-20-2002, 10:50 PM   #65
Mike98Neon

Quoting Motor Trend (which is partially owned by General Motors) They did some tests of the neon on a skidpad,
Quote:
BMG" noted that Motor Trend ran a 2000 Neon ES in the slalom at 64.9 mph... Considering a Neon ES is only riding on 15 inch Goodyears, that's impressive. The Neon ES beat the AWD Suburu Impreza WRX -- which only managed a 61.4 MPH slalom! The Neon ES was also faster than a Pontiac Trams Am WS6 which only managed 64.6 MPH! (We suspect the Impreza out-accelerated the Neon, but since Neons start at $11,000 and the WRX is in the $20s, that's okay, right?)

Old 10-21-2002, 02:15 AM   #66
AzCivic

Quote:
Quoting Motor Trend (which is partially owned by General Motors) They did some tests of the neon on a skidpad,

Do you honestly think that a neon can give either a WRX or a Fbody a run for their money?
Old 10-21-2002, 03:28 AM   #67
Grip72

Dumb dee dumb dumb dumb.....(thread that is..i'm relaly sorry)
Old 10-21-2002, 08:11 AM   #68
Mike98Neon

Well, given that the writers for an internationally recognized automotive magazine owned by the largest automaker in the world are professional drivers, and every single one of us here (including myself) are not. I would trust their reporting a bit more than the predominantly ignorant comments of the participants of this or any other forum, (including myself). There are several internationally recognized authorities in the automotive publication world (and I'm sorry, SCC and Honda tuning aren't among that group) that have done articles on the performance ability of the neon. Magazines such as Motor Trend, Car & Driver, and Hot Rod magazine. None of which would have given a FWD compact the time of day. Keep in mind that the neon was first to be covered from that segment. GM got all in a tizzy over Len Ayalas 10 second street legal neon that they answered back with their ecotec monstrosity. It only took a budget of $43,000 to get that 4 banger into the 8's. Len Ayala about 9 grand, and alot of it his own money. Next?

Old 10-21-2002, 09:59 AM   #69
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

im done with this thread, you continue to ignore any posts that you are wrong in. welcome to the board, and hopefully we can see eye to eye in another thread. a neon will not beat a WRX or a ws6 in a rally, road course or 1/4 mile or even hold the same numbers as the WRX on the skid pad, so that slolom time proves what? if it does please tell me, i am actualy asking

Old 10-21-2002, 03:40 PM   #70
Honda530

This is so funny. The guy who said Neons own at every level. hav you checked the NHRA Sport Compact results lately?????
August 9-10
these are the winners in Turbo Magazine December 2002 Vol 18 no. 12

All motor Rx7 10.54@125
All motor Rx7 11.64@115 What no Neons

Street Tire Supra 9.46@153
Street Tire Supra Broke Oh man no neons here either darn

Hot Rod Civic 11.46@83
Hot Rod Civic Broke I thought the neons could have one that one

Modified Civic 8.41@173(Mr. Papadakis)
Modified Cavalier 8.41@173 Wow an american car

Pro Duttweiler Cougar 8.45@179
Pro Venom Tundra 8.66@146

Pro V8 Turbonetics Celica 7.16@195
Pro V8 Cougar 7.99@175

hmmm seems the neons did not place and this is the top level
I think its stupid of all neon people to come to a honda board and try to defen your cars. Its our board go to your own board. This is just pointless and you just ned to mind your own businuess and the main thing thats horrilbel about neons is those stupid bubble headlights. AHHHH If they got rid of those damn things the car wouldnt be so bad. Its just so dumb looking.

Old 10-21-2002, 04:24 PM   #71
Grip72

Has anyone seen "bubble boy"...i haven't but i think he drives a neon? jfwy
Old 10-22-2002, 03:01 PM   #72
cashizslick

Nice Kill, I hate stupid neons. They are ugly and slow.

Want to hear something funney?

At my friends autobody there was a 2003 neon in the shop for something stupid. Anyways, I poped the hood and the first thing i noticed was the PLASTIC INTAKE MANIFOLD. LOL

Old 10-22-2002, 09:50 PM   #73
Mike98Neon

Quote:
Originally posted by cashizslick
Nice Kill, I hate stupid neons. They are ugly and slow.

Want to hear something funney?

At my friends autobody there was a 2003 neon in the shop for something stupid. Anyways, I poped the hood and the first thing i noticed was the PLASTIC INTAKE MANIFOLD. LOL

Only reason to hate a neon is because you've been beaten by them over and over again. It's a composite intake manifold which is lighter than metal and for just plain ol' every day usage it's fine.

1st gen...

2nd gen

Now here's an engine bay of a neon with an aluminum intake manifold. Wanna hear something funny? You can't spell.

wanna see something even funnier? Heres a Honda engine bay with even more plastic.

Old 10-22-2002, 10:02 PM   #74
firstgeardude

that honda engine that you're makin fun, or comparing, will put on many more miles than that chrysler engine

Old 10-22-2002, 11:16 PM   #75
Honda530

Is that the Odyssey or Passport, CRV Engine???? I know its not any of the hondas that you compare your neon too. But hey wheres your comback about the saying how neons own in all areas of competition. I think I shut you up about that one.

Old 10-22-2002, 11:27 PM   #76
Mike98Neon

Quote:
Originally posted by Honda530
Is that the Odyssey or Passport, CRV Engine???? I know its not any of the hondas that you compare your neon too. But hey wheres your comback about the saying how neons own in all areas of competition. I think I shut you up about that one.

Oh wait, you're right, I did forget.

Quote:
Name: Scott Mohler
Team: Mohler Motorsports
Class: All Motor
Hometown: Frederick, Md.
Birthdate: March 9, 1977
Car: 1998 Plymouth Neon ACR
Engine: 2.4-liter fuel-injected with Hilborn individual throttle bodies
Crew chiefs: Darrell Cox, David Mohler
Sponsors: Phatridz, Raceredi Performance, Speedesign, Extreme Paint & Body, Mickey Thompson, Driveshaftshop.com
Best e.t.: 10.624
Best speed: 128.04 mph
Career highlights: 2001 National Champion Pro Stock Runner-Up (NIRA)
2001 National Champion All Motor Runner-Up (IDRC)
Three national event wins
Quickest and Fastest All Motor Neon (2000, 2001)

(W) Scott Mohler ('98 Dodge Neon) 0.574 11.545 120.16
(L) Tom Fujita ('87 Honda Civic) 0.608 11.613 118.35
(W) Scott Mohler ('98 Dodge Neon) 0.603 11.443 120.77
(L) Pisarn Kamya ('90 Honda CRX) 0.862 11.832 113.52
August 11-12: West Palm Beach, FL (Moroso Raceway Park) Inaugural Hurricane Nationals
Winner: Scott Mohler - Plymouth Neon, 11.555 @ 117.26mph
Runner Up: Fred Ellis - Honda CRX, 11.720 @ 113.06mph
#1 Qualifier: Scott Mohler, 11.513 @ 117mph
November 10-11: San Antonio, TX (River City Raceway) Inaugural Long Horn Nationals
Winner: Scott Mohler - Plymouth Neon, 11.0631 @ 122.74mph

With the absence and reported retirement of the Phatridz Mopar Neon (aka “the Green Goblin”) of Mike Crawford, Len Ayala and his Neon were the only representatives of the domestic efforts - Ayala qualified third with a 9.56@145.30. Crawford and the Darryl Cox-headed Mopar team were actually on hand at the race with the team’s other car, Scott Mohler’s ten-second Neon, as well as showing off the soon to debut Neon SRT 4-door racer that will replace the “Green Goblin”. Angela Proudfoot slotted in behind him with a 9.98@140.17 -

Now call me nuts, but I don't see any hondas out there (that don't have the one piece front clip or 100% tube chassis) that are in the same time frames Mod for mod, neons dominate, there's your book, now buy it

Old 10-23-2002, 12:10 AM   #77
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Oh wait, you're right, I did forget.

Now call me nuts, but I don't see any hondas out there (that don't have the one piece front clip or 100% tube chassis) that are in the same time frames Mod for mod, neons dominate, there's your book, now buy it

mod for mod? is this a new type of racing? i always thought he who can build the better car wins? regardless of how it is achived

Old 10-23-2002, 12:12 AM   #78
ShEaNy

wow that impressive numbers....i wonder how many mil. he put into it... lol
Old 10-23-2002, 03:44 AM   #79
Maxvla

lock for the sake of humanity.

Old 10-23-2002, 03:47 AM   #80
Maxvla

btw... (L) Tom Fujita ('87 Honda Civic) 0.608 11.613 118.35
thats a 16 year old civic racing practically new neons.

Closed Thread