Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2002, 01:15 PM   #1
HondaTypeJ

Killed a 02 Maxima!

Oh ya! Making a long story short. I am on the freeway...minding my own business. I get this white dude with his GF in the passenger seat come up on my right and motions he wants to race. He was being so cocky that I had to, if the freeway had been busy, I would have turned the race down, but lucky me it was late and pretty empty. So we hit it...he gains pretty good, but then UHH OHH! I am gaining on him QUICK! My bumper was at his front passenger door, gaining inch my inch. This boy was getting nervous. He kept looking over his shoulder to see how much closer I was getting...finally, Zoom! I pass him up! I couldnt believe it! After passing 4 other cars I fingured it was over...I won! So I slowed down, waited for him and had a HUGE grin on my face! Sucker! I embarrased him AND in front of his woman! Anyway, I was in such a good mood after that...AND on top of that...THE LAKERS WON! THREE-PEAT! Thought I would share my story. Lataz.

Old 06-13-2002, 01:22 PM   #2
ShEaNy

nice man! LAKERS WON? nice!! I MISSED That game! oh well
Old 06-15-2002, 12:40 AM   #3
Wren57

Haha you missed the game? I missed the entire NBA season/playoffs
Old 06-15-2002, 01:38 PM   #4
ShEaNy

lol i just wanted to see if they could win three in a row.. i think it is..... ya i never watch more then maybe 3 regular/playoff games
Old 06-15-2002, 01:40 PM   #5
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

What do you have done to your civic?

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
Old 06-15-2002, 01:46 PM   #6
HondaTypeJ

Intake, header, exhaust, recently moded ECU. To fix the speed regulator. Thats is all. I know it isnt much, but I was REALLY suprised. Maybe he let off, but it didnt seem like it. I am still happy though. Woo Hoo!

Old 06-15-2002, 02:27 PM   #7
juvenile

LXE, SE or normal maxima. If it's the LXE, I can understand how, if it's the other two, I really think the guy was a HORRIBLE driver!

Old 06-15-2002, 04:26 PM   #8
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by juvenile
LXE, SE or normal maxima. If it's the LXE, I can understand how, if it's the other two, I really think the guy was a HORRIBLE driver!

yup yup!

Old 06-15-2002, 07:22 PM   #9
HondaTypeJ

It was a BASIC Maxima. I have gone against other models and they have kicked my ass.

Old 04-03-2003, 09:30 PM   #10
MaXiMAF1

nice kill...or nice bs..

i don't mean to troll here but just would like to get some facts straight

there is no such thing as a LXE Maxima... It's GLE, SE, and GXE

All 3 trims have the same v6 3.5l engine with the same specs (255 hp/246 tq)

the 2002+ runs mid-low 14s in the 1/4

did you race the maxima with your gsr? if so...he defenitely was a bad driver...unless you sprayed nitrous

Old 04-03-2003, 09:34 PM   #11
MaximaDriven

Hey just of a few questions for you guys.....first of all i am a maxima owner i have a 1998 Black Max with plenty of mods....was this maxima stock that u raced? Was he manual? How do you know it was an 02? 02's do 0-60 6.7 there just a little bit faster than you ricers...i have a manual, full exhaust,intake and plenty more mods i also have a Super charger dynoed at 337 hp to the wheels but not good enough for me im going to be Turbo charging it this summer...anyways just a few questions for you guys i like to hear the answers and juvenile know what your talking about b4 you post theres 3 different trims for maximas SE, GLE and GXE they all have the same engine too.

Old 04-03-2003, 09:44 PM   #12
MaXiMAF1

Quote:
Originally posted by MaximaDriven
Hey just of a few questions for you guys.....first of all i am a maxima owner i have a 1998 Black Max with plenty of mods....was this maxima stock that u raced? Was he manual? How do you know it was an 02? 02's do 0-60 6.7 there just a little bit faster than you ricers...i have a manual, full exhaust,intake and plenty more mods i also have a Super charger dynoed at 337 hp to the wheels but not good enough for me im going to be Turbo charging it this summer...anyways just a few questions for you guys i like to hear the answers and juvenile know what your talking about b4 you post theres 3 different trims for maximas SE, GLE and GXE they all have the same engine too.
Shut up. I am still cooler than you are.

Old 04-03-2003, 09:48 PM   #13
MaximaDriven

LOL...i dont know about that..least we know what were talking about though...no offense to you guys but its good to know your subject before you go blabbing about it..

Old 04-03-2003, 09:51 PM   #14
MAXIMA95SE

amen to that..

Old 04-03-2003, 09:53 PM   #15
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

I agree with MaXiMAF1..
They are faster than most would think...
Got pics? The current model is so gorgeous.. Gotta get myslef a 2k3 before the ugly ass 2k4 comes out..

MaximaDriven, be nice.. Or be banned.
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Old 04-03-2003, 09:55 PM   #16
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by MaXiMAF1

the 2002+ runs mid-low 14s in the 1/4

eh... not really.. please dont go about starting up names on this forums to call bs, its been done before by people who set benchmarks from mag racing.

i gave up a while ago and you should just stop now, maybe it happened maybe it didnt, but we werent there, and as long as you beat gsr's on the street with your maxi, or vice versa just congradulate him and move on, no reason to throw stats in the fire, i use to but it doesnt get you no where, because everything has already been said and done and when your blue in the face, the dude in question already knows that he beat the car, or already knows its bullshit

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife
Old 04-03-2003, 09:58 PM   #17
ford50forlife
4th Gear

ive seen stock altimas pull a best of high 14's personally, and there a little quicker than the maxi's but a low 14' stock maxima is like the 12 second stock z28's or the 13 second stock 5.0's, there out there MAYBE, but most people sure as hell aint seen it, kinda like bigfoot, JUST A MYTH.

Old 04-03-2003, 10:02 PM   #18
MaXiMAF1

oh so timeslips mean nothing anymore? I am not making numbers up...also it's not rare. [b]Mostly[b] everyone with a 02+ maxima at www.maxima.org who has been to the track has posted timeslips (pics) of low-mid 14s...

accordman: 2004 maxima is already out...but dealers still have the 2003 in stock...if you want one, get one soon! good deals now.. see you at www.maxima.org then

Old 04-03-2003, 10:04 PM   #19
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

For some reason I can't see a Maxima running 14's. 255hp with a curb weight of ~3275 isn't going to hit 14's. At least not low-mid 14's.

I'm not saying they're slow, but those numbers seem a little low for that car. Show me some proof to back that up.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:10 PM   #20
MaXiMAF1

whoa..explain to me how car and driver (or whichever magazine) got to mid 14s for the Altima 3.5SE...same engine (with LESS power) and it weighs not more than 100 less than the 02 Maximas

Proof (the forums): http://forums.maxima.org/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=46

The Post (what u are looking for): http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=159997

i only looked up one post...you can do the rest if you are interested

Old 04-03-2003, 10:11 PM   #21
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
[b]oh so timeslips mean nothing anymore? I am not making numbers up...also it's not rare. [b]Mostly everyone with a 02+ maxima at www.maxima.org who has been to the track has posted timeslips (pics) of low-mid 14s...

accordman: 2004 maxima is already out...but dealers still have the 2003 in stock...if you want one, get one soon! good deals now.. see you at www.maxima.org then

alright dont listen to me then.... i also bet you wont believe me when i say that some stock 5 liter mustangs have hit 13's, as well right? doesnt matter, it happens, its as simple as that...

ive been to CAMARO forums where some people post about stock mid 90's automatic 2.73 rear ended camaro z-28's with t-tops doing 13.6 stock, i argue that its not possible, oh well, all im saying is i dont believe you, i dont plan on buying a nissan product so dont bother argueing

i go to the track often enough, ive seen enough run, and i know you cant judge all them as bad drivers.

i dont feel like having another "timeslip" arguement, i simply feel that the maximas are NOT capable of it. argue all you want i dont care.

Old 04-03-2003, 10:15 PM   #22
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
whoa..explain to me how car and driver (or whichever magazine) got to mid 14s for the Altima 3.5SE...same engine (with LESS power) and it weighs not more than 100 less than the 02 Maximas

Proof (the forums): http://forums.maxima.org/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=46

The Post (what u are looking for): http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=159997

i only looked up one post...you can do the rest if you are interested

benchracer

Old 04-03-2003, 10:18 PM   #23
MaXiMAF1

another one underestimating a maxima...it's okay, i am not here to convince you. Think what you want...

Really, how many maximas do u really see at the track?? not many i bet...

Old 04-03-2003, 10:20 PM   #24
MaXiMAF1

Quote:
Originally posted by ford50forlife
benchracer

someone asked for proof...what do you want me to do?? not give him any so I can automatically call bs on myself...nahh

i am not here to fight...get that out of your head instead of calling out names...

Old 04-03-2003, 10:26 PM   #25
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
someone asked for proof...what do you want me to do?? not give him any so I can automatically call bs on myself...nahh

i am not here to fight...get that out of your head instead of calling out names...

whats your best run in the maxima?

.. all im saying is get some timeslips of your own car before bragging... thats like me saying my mustang is CAPABLE of 11 second 1/4's....... go out and do it, instead of setting benchmarks by something you didnt even accomplish yourself and youll earn respect from me, lol

Last edited by ford50forlife : 04-03-2003 at 10:32 PM.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:29 PM   #26
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
another one underestimating a maxima...it's okay, i am not here to convince you. Think what you want...

Really, how many maximas do u really see at the track?? not many i bet...

im not underestimating them, couple impromtu encounters on the highway will tell you exactly how they stand in my book, im just saying there not all there cracked up to be thats all, and i certainly dont see a low 14 performer car being SO damn easy to fetch from a rolling race, sorry.

Old 04-03-2003, 10:45 PM   #27
ShEaNy

lol wow a year later this gets brought back up SOMEONE is really digging through the files....
Old 04-04-2003, 09:44 AM   #28
CD5Passion

maxima drivers sure are testy
Old 04-04-2003, 10:03 AM   #29
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:

Not bad runs. I'd just have to see it to believe it. Though I doubt I see any Maximas at the track this year.

What kills me is this guy http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=197354 . All that work and he only hits 11.91? he's boosting 15 psi & spraying.
Old 04-04-2003, 12:56 PM   #30
MaXiMAF1

Quote:
Originally posted by ford50forlife
whats your best run in the maxima?

.. all im saying is get some timeslips of your own car before bragging... thats like me saying my mustang is CAPABLE of 11 second 1/4's....... go out and do it, instead of setting benchmarks by something you didnt even accomplish yourself and youll earn respect from me, lol
I am going to run my Maxima for the first time in maybe a month or so (maybe 2 weeks from tomorrow) but now I know what it is capable of...I am not bragging of what it can perform...just showing results...

also, i really wasn't aiming for your respect

Instead of you not believing what I am saying...maybe I shouldn't believe the whole stangnet.com community with the 99+ GTs (stock of course)...mid-low 14s and thats it out of a v8 and 300+ torque?? Did Ford mess up with the gearing or what?

Old 04-04-2003, 12:57 PM   #31
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Addict
Not bad runs. I'd just have to see it to believe it. Though I doubt I see any Maximas at the track this year.

What kills me is this guy http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=197354 . All that work and he only hits 11.91? he's boosting 15 psi & spraying.

15psi and spray???? screw that ported stock heads and 150 shot and im straight

Old 04-04-2003, 01:14 PM   #32
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
[b]oh so timeslips mean nothing anymore? I am not making numbers up...also it's not rare. [b]Mostly everyone with a 02+ maxima at www.maxima.org who has been to the track has posted timeslips (pics) of low-mid 14s...

Been there since Fall 2000.

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Old 04-04-2003, 01:16 PM   #33
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
I am going to run my Maxima for the first time in maybe a month or so (maybe 2 weeks from tomorrow) but now I know what it is capable of...I am not bragging of what it can perform...just showing results...

also, i really wasn't aiming for your respect

Instead of you not believing what I am saying...maybe I shouldn't believe the whole stangnet.com community with the 99+ GTs (stock of course)...mid-low 14s and thats it out of a v8 and 300+ torque?? Did Ford mess up with the gearing or what?

go to the track and then talk...

i dont care what you think about the stangnet community, at least most of them have slips to back it up, and most of them dont go by motor trend test results..... this dude i know got 13.7 out of a bone stock 99 gt w/ powershifting, but yet again this isnt a 1/4 mile war of i know someone whos faster, and stock to stock driver to driver you will get pulled.

i could see you bashing on 4.6's because the aftermarket isnt quite vast yet, but why dont you bash on 5.0's then? i mean 225 hp out of a V-8 with 5!!! Liters thats terrible.

now a better comparison would be a 5.0 to a maxima

both go motor to motor mod for mod. watch how the mustang catches up and passes it after the maxima is out of all motor options.

why is that then? Its because you brag about a car thats already tuned from the factory. do you see any all motor maxima's running high 10's? hell i have a trap speed of a mid 12 second car from boltons. i dont see many maximas doing 105 in the 1/4 mile without aid of forced induction or forced injection. same as the good old S2000, GREAT LITTLE WHIP! but you run out of all motor modifications REAL quick lol.

we all have differences of opinions. its great that you guys are into a semi fast car thats already built with impressive performance, but as you all know its NOT ABOUT STOCK, and mod for mod your gonna run out alot quicker than any 4.6 on motor and DEFINATELY a 5.0... plus the 4.6 is the same motor as the 99-02 cobra... which produced 320hp, so its just a head swap away.

and dont make me bring up dollar for dollar now

Old 04-05-2003, 02:40 PM   #34
JMAXIMA

no one is flaming mustangs here. but until 98/99, a GT mustang was fair game for a 5spd Max. but you are right, you can get a hell of a lot more power from a mustang than you can from a maxima. but the mustang does have a slight advantage... its called displacement. but i think the original response has been strayed from. the guy who "beat" a "2002" max either got lucky or has no idea what a 2002 looks like. a 2000/01 maxima looks very similar to a 2002 maxima, and i doubt many non-maxima owners would notice the differences. and no offence to 00' and 01 maxima owners, in auto form and stock, those are by far the slowest. they are rated at ~225hp, but are 300/400lbs heavier than a 4th gen maxima. so i could possibly believe he walked a 00/01, but he would have only seen the tail lights of a 02/03 maxima. in fact, the same would apply to a 5spd 3rd gen and any 4th gen. and 14 sec high/mid/low 1/4 runs are very common in 4th gens (95-99) and 02/03's. and with slicks, a 2003 ran 13.9 recently. and if you want proof, there are plenty of videos and time slips around on maxima.org if you want to take a peek.

Old 04-05-2003, 03:14 PM   #35
MaxOwner

Quote:

How many cars you know drop 4 secs on no engine work stock transmission w/ supercharger and 35 shot of Nitrous?

Old 04-05-2003, 04:15 PM   #36
JMAXIMA

ooohhh... busted!!!

Old 04-05-2003, 04:24 PM   #37
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by MaxOwner
How many cars you know drop 4 secs on no engine work stock transmission w/ supercharger and 35 shot of Nitrous?

With 15lbs of boost and 35 shot, it shouldn't be a huge feat for most cars. With that much boost & spray I'm fairly sure I could drop 4 seconds.
Old 04-05-2003, 04:39 PM   #38
JMAXIMA

don't make assumptions you can base on fact. i'm not saying its not possible with a civic... but is there someone on this forum that has a similar set up? but the only real problem i have with this is i doubt you could run that much boost and spray on stock internals and tranny. how much power can you guys run before you start breaking gears and rods?

Old 04-05-2003, 04:49 PM   #39
MaxOwner

Quote:
With 15lbs of boost and 35 shot, it shouldn't be a huge feat for most cars. With that much boost & spray I'm fairly sure I could drop 4 seconds.

i would like you to point me to a link of an SI running mid 12's on no engine work, stock tranny, stock ecu with a Vortech Supercharger(since they use the same centrifugal unit) @ 15 PSI.

please let me know when you find this info. if i am not here when you find it please email me at dougpcs_2000@yahoo.com

i would like to know this becuase i am ignorant to the fact and what are car forums for? to learn right?

Mr. Mustang knows all about that vortech blower also, i do believe stangs use that blower.

Old 04-05-2003, 04:55 PM   #40
f23a4

Tally Ho!! I'm in!!

Quote:
For some reason I can't see a Maxima running 14's. 255hp with a curb weight of ~3275 isn't going to hit 14's. At least not low-mid 14's.

I'm not saying they're slow, but those numbers seem a little low for that car. Show me some proof to back that up.

I run upper 14s in my automatic 2002 Nissan Maxima SE. (see timeslips in sig)!!

Any questions?!?! Oh!! And yes!! I'm all STOCK!!!

Closed Thread