::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2003, 05:45 PM   #1
CavalierVL

'02 Cavalier VL vs. '85 Monte Carlo SS

This was kinda funny, actually, because for the whole time I thought the guy was playing with me, serious...

We started off a light in the middle of a freeway (serious, its kinda dumb to have a light on a freeway but there is one, although they are building an overpass) Anyway, I just roll off the line nice and easy cause I didn't know he was there but he boots it and I'm like crap, so I go too and he's pulling hard but I'm catching up and I'm like, woohoo, he's gonna let me catch up and have a real race so I pull up alongside him and slow to his speed, then I floor it and start pulling away and I'm like dang he's not gonna try so I slowed back to the speed limit...and then a few seconds later he blows by me doing like 80 MPH and i'm like, okay, so he is trying so I floored it again to catch up and I get alongside him and then we start playing back and forth. By this time I'm about ready to just force him into smoking me so I boot it up an off ramp and he's going the same way so I decide to blow him out of the water through the corners and I do. I come up to a stop light and he's about a half block behind me and I'm like dang, he's gonna get a rolling start on me off this light so I down shift into first (big mistake cause I was still rolling about 5 MPH still) and he floors it as the light changes and I do too but I don't have much go before I gotta shift and that cost me precious time but anyway I just go and go slowly gaining on him, and I realise he's trying cause his front ends way up in the air and I pull up beside him and look over and he looks over and gives me a WTH look and then I pull by him and he gives up. That's my story of my Monte Carlo SS kill. I've also killed a GTI until about 50 ish MPH until his power kicked in and he smoothly pulled by me hehe. Um, kept up to 5.0L 'stangs and smoked a '99 ish V6 'stang, that was funny too. Killed a 2.4L Sunfire GT also, off the line and up to about 65 MPH then I stopped cause I was about 2 car lengths ahead and he was still receding(sp?) in my mirror. Oh, totally smoked and old guy in a V6 Intrepid. That was really funny cause he was revving the engine before the light change and looking at me and I'm like...riiiight...I've kept up to a VTEC Prelude with four people in my car and only one in his. Smoked a '97 B18 modded hatch and a basic (though pretty looking) EX or DX or something, I'm not sure cause he had everything shaved off, badges, door handles, trunk look, the works. I asked him watch year and make his car was but I forget. Oh, and a heavily moddified 95-97 ish hatch that was a true kill cause that was until about 105-110 MPH. That was fun, all the way down a looooong straight stretch of freeway. There are more kills but this is getting too long.
Old 06-08-2003, 09:10 PM   #2
Grip72

uhm, i don't know much about your car, but i am doubting alot of your kills..no offense
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 11:17 PM   #3
VR4_Craver
Banned

You honestly think that we would believe you on a "modded B18 hatch with 115 at the wheels? Yea and i smoked a STI off the line HA!
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 11:34 PM   #4
pimpinprelude

5.0s???? ahahahahah yea right.........
pimpinprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 11:50 PM   #5
sc0rch

isnt the monte ss supercharged?
Old 06-09-2003, 04:08 AM   #6
CavalierVL

First of all, no 1985-87 Monte SS' are not supercharged, second of all, yes It's not a big deal that I can keep up to 200 HP 5.0L and third you can go ahead and doubt my kills, but they are true, most of the people I've taken wanted to know what I've done to my car and my answer is always the same...not one thing. it's bone stock. I guess you'll just have to race me sometime...
Old 06-09-2003, 11:25 AM   #7
AzCivic

quite your freaking lying. my wife has the same car as you, a friend of mine has the pontiac version. your car is slow.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 11:59 AM   #8
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

yeah...i dont believe it either...

sure, I'll race you...where are you located?
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 12:44 PM   #9
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by CavalierVL
I guess you'll just have to race me sometime...

whenever you want i live in south jersey.. lets line up.
Old 06-09-2003, 01:35 PM   #10
93Honda

dude, i've driven a cavalier and those things accelerate like they are pulling a freaking semi behind them. THere's no way you beat any of those cars on a stock cavalier.
Old 06-09-2003, 01:40 PM   #11
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Hmm.
The '85 Monte Carlos SS had the H.O. 305 V8's. I doubt he was trying real hard.
The GTI was probably at about half throttle then pressed the pedal all the way down.
Modded 87 B18 Hatch. Not even close to believable unless the driver left the e-brake on or was racing in reverse. A B18B makes 140HP, B18C1 170HP, B18C5 197HP(?). Not to mention those hatches are featherweights.

Where are you getting your WHP & TQ #'s from?

Not trying to be a dick, but those kills are very hard to believe. Where are you located anyhow?
Old 06-09-2003, 04:32 PM   #12
Civickid0to60

all cavi drivers are the same. They think their cars are fast as Shit, but yet they never want to race.

Im sure you did all of that man, to bad your car isnt as fast as your mouth.
Old 06-09-2003, 10:55 PM   #13
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
It's not a big deal that I can keep up to 200 HP 5.0L and third you can go ahead and doubt my kills, but they are true, most of the people I've taken wanted to know what I've done to my car and my answer is always the same...not one thing. it's bone stock. I guess you'll just have to race me sometime...

Has anyone told you that you are the dumbest person they have ever met? If not, let me be the first. I guarantee that you wouldnt beat a single car that you listed. Why? Because my car ( stock 02 Si) can beat the Z24's and those have more wheel hp and tq that you do. I hope that you put more thinking behind something before you respond. Because all you are doing now is making everyone on here not beleive you. I know that for a fact a STOCK civic ex will out run your car because i have done and seen it. What kind of stang was the 5.0 in? LX or GT? either way both of them are driving around with more to the wheels than is claimed at your crank. The 92 LX ran a 14.8 1/4 mile....So once again i am gonna call this whole story
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
Old 06-10-2003, 12:01 AM   #14
CavalierVL

heh, I knew there would be a lot of doubters here. Okay, here we go...*deep breath* The mustang that I can keep up to is the one with the 200 HP engine, thats it, no more no less...there is a little thing called power to weight that makes a difference. Oh, and here is another something new...I can also take a Z24 Cavalier so that kinda lays that argument to rest. They are just as quick as the Sunfire GT. And no, I don't think my car is "fast" because I can also name you many cars that have smoked my car and I'm really indifferent to that because they have better HP/weight ratios so really it doesnt bother me at all. It also, i think anyway, depends on the driver a lot and most of the people I've raced have been younger drivers, like as in have only been driving for a couple years so they may not be that experienced yet. Don't get me wrong, i've only been driving for three years, but I drive every day six hours a day 7 days a week, for work and just recreational driving. But you guys can believe what you want, it's not like I can prove it either way. And I live in Saskatoon, in Canada, if ya'll are interested in coming up you can probably catch me on 8th street on Friday's and Saturday's bewteen 10:30 and 12:30 or maybe a little earlier, depends on what happens before, I'll be delighted to show you that your stock civic can't keep up...
Old 06-10-2003, 12:29 AM   #15
93Honda

and i'll flash that statement through my back window as i fly by your ass.
Old 06-10-2003, 03:49 AM   #16
CavalierVL

Your welcome to come up here and try, but I'll warn you I've already blown off a CRX with a D16 from behind like he was standing still, and if I'm not mistaken CRX' are lighter than the coupes...
Old 06-10-2003, 05:53 AM   #17
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
And I live in Saskatoon, in Canada, if ya'll are interested in coming up you can probably catch me on 8th street on Friday's and Saturday's bewteen 10:30 and 12:30 or maybe a little earlier, depends on what happens before, I'll be delighted to show you that your stock civic can't keep up...

How about my stock GS-T?

Hell with that. That's way too far. I think. Hell I don't even know where that is.
Old 06-10-2003, 11:22 AM   #18
AzCivic

Quote:
heh, I knew there would be a lot of doubters here. Okay, here we go...*deep breath* The mustang that I can keep up to is the one with the 200 HP engine, thats it, no more no less...there is a little thing called power to weight that makes a difference.

uhh those mustangs only weighed like 3100lbs so with 200hp(and more torque) it has a better power to weight ratio than your cavalier. infact talking strictly HP a stock civic EX has a better power to weight ratio.

maybe you think your racing when the other guy is just driving.
Old 06-10-2003, 01:09 PM   #19
93Honda

that is probably it. They're just driving but their cars are so much better than the cavalier that while he's gunning it they are just cruising and keeping up.
Old 06-10-2003, 10:54 PM   #20
CavalierVL

Heh, doesn't matter to me whether you believe me or not, and no I wouldn't race a GS-T...well, I would just to see you gun it and go cause I like watching fast cars drive fast. hehe
Old 06-10-2003, 11:06 PM   #21
juvenile

I think the mustang he's talking about is the v6 version because from my understand the 5.0's put down more power than that.
Old 06-10-2003, 11:08 PM   #22
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

yeah right

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 11:15 PM   #23
VR4_Craver
Banned

ok using everything that you have as stats for your car lets compare:

You:
Weight(curb):2600 lbs.
Engine: 2.2L OHV Inline-4
-115 WHP @ 5000 RPM
-135 lb/ft @ 3250 RPM (also at the wheels)

Monte Carlo SS
Engine: 350 V8
Weight: 3460
Wh HP:300
wh TQ:285
verdicct: Loss

Honda Civic Si
Engine:2.0l I-Vtec
Weight:2774
Wh Hp:140
Wh TQ:124
Verdict: Loss i have at the wheels what your manufactuare claims for you to have at the crank.

VW golf GTI 1996
Engine:1.8T
Weight:2800 (roughly)
Wh Hp: 187
Wh TQ:180
Verdict: Yet another loss....

And last but not least

Honda Civic
Engine:1.6l
Weight:2507
Wh Hp:127
Wh TQ:114
Verdict: Might get off the line but ineventably you will lose becuase of the extra 12 hp he has and less weight....

Well it looks like i shot you down in every possible way....
Old 06-10-2003, 11:18 PM   #24
juvenile

Dude I thought the Si's had 160hp? I'm actually pretty sure they ahve that much...
Old 06-10-2003, 11:26 PM   #25
Spitz

in honor of this post i raced my friend today who drives a 2002 cavalier with the same engine as you 5 speed etc. i drive a civic ex with an exhaust. And by 80 mph i had him by more than a car length. And as far as the mid to low 16's you plan on running good luck you should be happy if you break 17.5
Old 06-11-2003, 12:33 AM   #26
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by juvenile
Dude I thought the Si's had 160hp? I'm actually pretty sure they ahve that much...

he's talking HP at the wheels.
Old 06-11-2003, 04:26 AM   #27
CavalierVL

hooo boy....ah well, looks like i can't win this argument, you guys just seem to know so much about my car that you havent even seen much less driven. I don't see how an extra 12 HP is gonna make any difference with different gear ratios... but yeah, anyway. Oh, and I think it may be worth mentioning that I can blow my sister off by like a car length (approx. with 2 other people in my car as well) and she has a VLX. The only difference between her car and mine is all the fancy electronic stuff she gets, as well as the fascia and the stock "performance" muffler that my car has. This could all have something to do with a little thing called skill and not by numbers and calculations...just a guess...and no, I'm talking about the 200 HP 5.0L LX's http://www.mustanggt.org/85gt.htm or whatever the crap they are, it has dual pipes and 5.0L written on the side so it's a 5.0L no question about it. I've never once said that I can BEAT one though, only that I've kept up to one until about 90 KPH then I slowed down cause I really don't feel like getting my license suspended for dangerous driving or another stupid ticket like that. And second of all, here is a site that lists stock numbers for a 1985 Monte Carlo SS http://www.darklair.com/monte/stock.monte.specs.html
and another http://www.primrose-country.de/autom...hevy/tech.html
THIS is the vehicle I'm talking about...180 HP is a long shot from 300 and whatever was mentioned before, and seeing as how this is a heavy, heavy STEEL car then it is NOT unlikely that I can take one of these things... but since my car is apparently so slow, I probably couldn't even take a Ford Tempo or something similarily shitty like that...(note heavy sarcasm in voice)
Old 06-11-2003, 07:16 AM   #28
93Honda

i know you couldn't
Old 06-11-2003, 12:13 PM   #29
guywithastang

I happen to believe him on the monty ss, those things are horribly slow stock, I kept up with one in my four popper mustang

You say VTEC, I say V-8
guywithastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 02:18 PM   #30
CavalierVL

Heh, you know I couldn't take a ford tempo eh....oh well, not like you can convince everyone. I don't even blink at the V6 ones...
Old 06-11-2003, 05:41 PM   #31
ford50forlife
4th Gear

would you please shut you ****ing mouth, you are just a ricer(and i always give people the benefit of the doubt but your stupid plain and simple)... im not gonna even argue about it.... 0-60 runs on a stopwatch and kills you cant even explain... you definately fit the bill. my 1988 cherokee would TROUNCE you... and my moms v6 auto 1999 stang would whipe the floor with you and ring you out... cant wait to read some more kills once you find out about the REDZONE in autozone.. go nuts.

Quote:
I don't see how an extra 12 HP is gonna make any difference with different gear ratios

^ stfu now.. get a car with intake and catback exhaust vs. the stock variant with a higher final drive ratio... and see what happens...

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife

Last edited by ford50forlife : 06-11-2003 at 05:47 PM.
ford50forlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 10:59 PM   #32
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by ford50forlife
would you please shut you ****ing mouth, you are just a ricer( cant wait to read some more kills once you find out about the REDZONE in autozone.. go nuts. stfu now..

LOL!!
Old 06-16-2003, 10:15 PM   #33
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
The mustang that I can keep up to is the one with the 200 HP engine, thats it, no more no less...there is a little thing called power to weight that makes a difference.

Alright...I feel the need to step in here...there are no 200hp Mustangs (at least not Fox bodied cars). The closest is 210hp and that was in '85 (that's from Ford's official Mustang reference manual) with 270lb/ft. of torque. That car would've had it's cowl blacked out and "GT" decals on the rear quarters. '86s were rated by Ford at 200 but in reality are closer to 225 on a dyno, but that's a different story. As for a power to weight ratio, there isn't much difference. The most popular Mustangs ('87-'93s) weigh in around 3600-3700lbs and your car isn't exactly a featherweight so, given your lack of horsepower, I'd say they're pretty damn close. Also, why would you brag about beating an '85 Monte Carlo SS? You really wanna be proud of beating a damn near 2 ton brick on wheels with an aenemic 180hp 305? I don't know where VR4 Craver got his specs for the Monte SS, but there isn't a single one with a factory 350 (at least not one from the 80's). So, in summation, you're a joke. I'm sure you think your car is cool and that's fine...but I would like to invite you to reality and show you it's a slow piece of GM trash (no offense GM if anyone here besides myself and this jackass own a GM products...I've got a '01 Sonoma as my daily). And who goes around telling people on websites he'll race them? Sure, I'd love to race, but I live half across the god damned continent. Plus do you really wanna put up against a 600+hp car? It's just sad really. It's my opinion that you say that to save face knowing that there's no possible way anyone will take you up on it. You've once again proved that Canadians are only #1 at one thing...being directly north of the U.S.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 11:04 AM   #34
sohc_vtec 2NR

i wish i had a cavalier...so i can pretend i win races when the other drivers make a right turn! haha...this "cavalier guy" fits the demographic for.......RICE! and his sh*tload of
Old 06-24-2003, 01:00 AM   #35
'87 integra

reminds me of a friend of ours sohc_vtec....lol
Old 06-24-2003, 11:07 AM   #36
sohc_vtec 2NR

shut up 87 teg....i eat rice and i love it... it goes well with my mom's pancit... and NO more pancit for you 87 teg!