Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2003, 07:23 AM   #1
ford50forlife
4th Gear

2 HEEPS racing

I was on my way back home to meet up with some peoples chillin at about 70mph, and on the onramp i see a jeep much like mine humming past me (as best a 17 second truck can ) and i was like damn SOMEBODY ELSE RACING A SLOW TRUCK! so i nail it and it took me till it buried the speedo to decently jog past him as i hear it screaming it made my day until i stopped pulling when i was 1 car in front and it almost looked like he was pulling me back (i only hit like 95 mph topend + my jeeps ticking real hard) :( then we shut down and after the median (cop hangout) we went from a 3rd beep and i pulled him pretty nicely by over a car (or truck for that matter) he then stopped at the 25 light with me and he bullshitted for a bit and i found out he had a flowmaster too woot its fun to race slow cars cause races last so long

but today after i get over this hangover and find out what happened last night (isnt that always the case) imma tune the ***** up clean the air filter and try to scrap together some loot and go CAM HUNTING! woot hopefully by march (when i start to go to englishtown) i can get some times out of it with prolly just a cam filter and hopefully full exhaust by then ill hope for mid 15's er so (BWHAHHA it sucks i know).... maybe ILL SEE TRIPLE DIGIT TOPEND TOO!

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife
ford50forlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 10:14 PM   #2
Matrix

hey woot great woot race.

woot.

Old 02-03-2003, 10:18 PM   #3
a96710

Nice kill
a96710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 06:48 PM   #4
RU_Teg

good kill...
Old 02-09-2003, 09:27 PM   #5
Wren57

Re: 2 HEEPS racing

Quote:
Originally posted by ford50forlife
woot its fun to race slow cars cause races last so long

haha yup
Old 03-04-2003, 03:51 AM   #6
78 monte

Re: 2 HEEPS racing

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by ford50forlife [/ (i only hit like 95 mph topend + my jeeps ticking real hard)
but today after i get over this hangover and find out what happened last night (isnt that always the case) imma tune the ***** up clean the air filter and try to scrap together some loot and go CAM HUNTING! woot hopefully by march (when i start to go to englishtown) i can get some times out of it with prolly just a cam filter and hopefully full exhaust by then ill hope for mid 15's er so (BWHAHHA it sucks i know).... maybe ILL SEE TRIPLE DIGIT TOPEND TOO! [/b]

If its ticking cause of a collapsed lifter the engine is prolly pretty tired.Matting your foot is only excelerating its death.
Putting a bigger cam is only gonna make it rev higher on the tired bottom end.Resulting in a connecting rod that is at high speed when it flys throw the oil pan.Been there done that.
Why are you beating on your jeep if you have 302 Mustang??
Old 03-04-2003, 02:03 PM   #7
Civic98

nice kill!
Old 03-04-2003, 03:14 PM   #8
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Re: Re: 2 HEEPS racing

Quote:
Originally posted by 78 monte
If its ticking cause of a collapsed lifter the engine is prolly pretty tired.Matting your foot is only excelerating its death.
Putting a bigger cam is only gonna make it rev higher on the tired bottom end.Resulting in a connecting rod that is at high speed when it flys throw the oil pan.Been there done that.
Why are you beating on your jeep if you have 302 Mustang??

yea its just turned 50,000 miles so thanks for the advice, but no
JEEPS BOTTEM END WORN?? lol the jeeps bottem end is damn near bullet proof, let alone a cam doesnt nessecarily make you rev higher, ever heard of a towing cam? jeep is torque laden and i should work with that considering its not made to be a topend warrior.

im beating on this thing because the mustang's valves started to stick in the head because of years of abuse, so now they are off and this is my daily driver.

but anyway you seem cool so thanks for the initial advice and it sounds like you got a sick ride

Old 08-03-2003, 12:26 AM   #9
274hp4.6

you think jeeps are slow huh?
You take your cherokee and stroke the 4.0 liter and you will be doing the 1/4 mile in about 14.5 seconds and 0-60 in about 5.7s.
There are people out there with a 98 5.9 liter grand cherokee who are running 14.2s quarter miles with just bolt-ons.
One guy with a supercharger grand cherokee is running 12s second quarter miles. Not trying to make anyone mad but not all of them are slow.
Old 08-03-2003, 01:17 AM   #10
ford50forlife
4th Gear

clifford stroker? 4.9? hehe ive read up on it... but the mustang takes all my time and effort now,

do you mean the green boxy style cherokee thats the class winner at englishtown?? that dude kicks ass!

btw for a 88 cherokee with filter muffler and msd system it aint that slow.

Old 08-03-2003, 01:11 PM   #11
274hp4.6

Yep that's the one.
I wish I had a stroked and supercharged cherokee now that would be nice. As for hondas, I would not want one but on the other hand I have nothing against them. Thought i'd add that since this is mostly a honda forum. Oh yeah I have a 92 cherokee
Old 08-04-2003, 05:41 PM   #12
ford50forlife
4th Gear

lets say jeep to jeep then mustang to mustang @ E-town hehe you down?

Old 08-12-2003, 10:22 PM   #13
01excoupe

From the JU forums (jeepsunlimited) we have this one guy who runs N20, and has "550lb/ft torque at the fly on motor and 450hp ON MOTOR" This guy smokes vette's stang's u name it.

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...hreadid=424376

Ofcourse I have a 4.0 so I can't sh*t. Not to bash hondas and whatnot, I am probably going to get my bros later down the road. But just beware. Our 4000lb bricks can move

SUV vs. SUV is always fun.