::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2003, 05:00 PM   #1
Afroney

01 Civic vs. Trans Am

A couple of nights ago, I newish red Trans Am pulled up to me at a light. He didnt do anything when the light turned green, but when I started moving he pulled up along side of me and started pulling away. Looks like he wanted to race. Hell I caught up to him, and we probally were going 80 mph, side by side. Then all the sudden he floors it, and takes off! Man! Those things are FAST! I had my foot on the floor, but there was no way I would ever catch up to him. He probally was half a mile ahead of me, and at the next light he rolled down his window, and then I recognized him. He was the same guy, I had raced on the same road, a few months earlier in my Audi. He of course smoked that car too. Oh well, at least it was a fun little race. By the way what do Trans Ams put out for Horsepower. Whats their displacement?
Old 01-07-2003, 05:43 PM   #2
V8killimports

Re: 01 Civic vs. Trans Am

They are 350ci. Depending on the year anywhere from 275 I think to 325ish... I believe they are very similar to the camaros.
V8killimports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 05:57 PM   #3
ford50forlife
4th Gear

lol he suprised you eh.... what a hardass he was, i wish you had a camera with you id pay to get that PRICELESS pic off your face

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife
ford50forlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 06:01 PM   #4
silver

Re: Re: 01 Civic vs. Trans Am

Quote:
Originally posted by V8killimports
They are 350ci. Depending on the year anywhere from 275 I think to 325ish... I believe they are very similar to the camaros.

same company, same car.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 08:19 PM   #5
Afroney

Yeah that does take balls to do...

Judging by how fast he flew by me, Id probally say he was doing 120, (This was a 45 zone, imagine the ticket! It was an empty road though.) I will say he had some major balls, although I wouldnt have gone that fast considering a: we have very ticket happy cops, and b: There is a deer infestation in the state of Iowa, if my friend totaled a GMC Jimmy going 55mph, hitting a 400 pound deer, imagine hitting that deer doing 120, in a Trans Am, it would easily have killed the driver.
Old 01-07-2003, 08:24 PM   #6
Afroney

By the way..

Would would a cop do to you if he caught you going 120 in a 45 zone? Anybody have any experiences? One incident ive heard is that an idiot I know was going 100 in a 55mph construction zone with the workers present. Cops got him, threw him in jail for the night, took away his licence, and I couldnt imagine the fine he got. Now that was stupid!
Old 01-08-2003, 08:37 AM   #7
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Re: By the way..

Quote:
Originally posted by Afroney
Would would a cop do to you if he caught you going 120 in a 45 zone? Anybody have any experiences? One incident ive heard is that an idiot I know was going 100 in a 55mph construction zone with the workers present. Cops got him, threw him in jail for the night, took away his licence, and I couldnt imagine the fine he got. Now that was stupid!

yes actually i was with VEX and AJ1978TA from this board and we were up in berlin turnpike (local cruise/race night) its a 50mph zone not a highway with lights ever 1/2 mile for good stoplight racing fun.. and this STOCK NON SER sentra was ****ing with my old 1988 GT mustang so i downshifted and was finally passing him @ 120mph estimated (because my speedo was 85mph) and all i see in the rearview was lights..... F*CK!!!! well, cop was initially furious that he clocked me at 115mph on a main road, but it was my first ticket and i was bugging out so he wrote me down for 95mph and i only got a SUMMONS and when i got to court it was ONLY a 300fine

Old 01-08-2003, 07:47 PM   #8
Afroney

Well ive never gotten a ticket...

Ive had a few VERY close ones. I was speeding along a local high way (a very twisty, kind of highway with new view of whats in front of you.) I was probally only going 15 over or so, when all the sudden I see a cop turn around the bend right in front of me, S*IT I look in the rearview mirror and right before he dissapears around the next bend, he flips on his lights and starts to do a cop u-turn. I slam it into 4th gear (I was in my old Audi at the time) and floor it. I instantly lose sight of him. I take the next corner and drive down the back roads, for about 1 hour. Never heard from the police and I never got ticketed. Phew! Sometimes you can escape them if, they are in the opposing lane. Even if they pull you over and claim you were trying to run from them, you say "I didnt see you!" HA What Fun!
Old 01-21-2003, 04:00 PM   #9
02CiviC

my friend jason was in his mustang GT, and on pine island road, its a 45 speed limit, they clocked him doing 120. and he got arrested
Old 01-22-2003, 08:21 AM   #10
Hoss

Re: 01 Civic vs. Trans Am

Quote:
A couple of nights ago, I newish red Trans Am pulled up to me at a light. He didnt do anything when the light turned green, but when I started moving he pulled up along side of me and started pulling away. Looks like he wanted to race. Hell I caught up to him, and we probally were going 80 mph, side by side. Then all the sudden he floors it, and takes off! Man! Those things are FAST! I had my foot on the floor, but there was no way I would ever catch up to him. He probally was half a mile ahead of me, and at the next light he rolled down his window, and then I recognized him. He was the same guy, I had raced on the same road, a few months earlier in my Audi. He of course smoked that car too. Oh well, at least it was a fun little race. By the way what do Trans Ams put out for Horsepower. Whats their displacement?

Thanks for being honest, I dynoed my car last year and put 318 RWHP to the ground, with just a exhaust and K&N. Saturday I'm getting dynoed again but I have alot more mods this time hopefully I'll break 500 RWHP with NO2
Old 01-22-2003, 10:02 AM   #11
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Re: Re: 01 Civic vs. Trans Am

Quote:
Originally posted by Hoss
Thanks for being honest, I dynoed my car last year and put 318 RWHP to the ground, with just a exhaust and K&N. Saturday I'm getting dynoed again but I have alot more mods this time hopefully I'll break 500 RWHP with NO2

Lol... I can only imagine the amount of nitrous I'd have to run to hit that.

Not NO2.... Its N2O
2 parts nitrogen to 1 part oxygen
Old 01-22-2003, 10:26 AM   #12
Hoss

Re: Re: Re: 01 Civic vs. Trans Am

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict

Not NO2.... Its N2O
2 parts nitrogen to 1 part oxygen

Thanks, I have mind farts sometimes
Old 01-22-2003, 10:52 AM   #13
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Re: Re: Re: Re: 01 Civic vs. Trans Am

Quote:
Originally posted by Hoss
Thanks, I have mind farts sometimes

We all do..
Old 01-22-2003, 11:14 AM   #14
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Re: By the way..

Quote:
Would would a cop do to you if he caught you going 120 in a 45 zone?

I'd say 9 out of 10 times you'd go directly to jail.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 07:25 AM   #15
Joe Anstett

What year was it? 93-97 had the LT1, they were 14 second cars. 98-02 have the LS1, 13 second cars. 346cc, I have an 00 vert and I dynoed 312hp and 331ft-lb at the wheels with intake and exhaust (an automatic, that works out to 370hp and 390ft-lb at the flywheel). They're fast cars.
Old 01-26-2003, 08:21 PM   #16
Civickid0to60

why am i hearing all of these stories about pontiacs whipping up hondas?i never knew that pontiacs were fast really..... they just dont seem like the "speed-type" of car.
Old 01-26-2003, 10:20 PM   #17
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Civickid0to60
why am i hearing all of these stories about pontiacs whipping up hondas?i never knew that pontiacs were fast really..... they just dont seem like the "speed-type" of car.

i hope to god thats a joke....

DID YOU KNOW TO SOME PEOPLE HONDAS DONT SEEM LIKE A "SPEED-TYPE" OF CAR???

Old 01-27-2003, 06:20 AM   #18
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by ford50forlife
i hope to god thats a joke....

DID YOU KNOW TO SOME PEOPLE HONDAS DONT SEEM LIKE A "SPEED-TYPE" OF CAR???

don't you know vtec is GOD's gift to cars ?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 06:40 AM   #19
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:

Ummm. Please tell me you're joking. Have you ever seen a WS6?
Old 01-27-2003, 09:49 AM   #20
Joe Anstett

Quote:

Yeah, this looks like an librarian's grocery getter, right?

??? And Hondas look like the "speed type of car"? Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to disrespect you guys, don't take this the wrong way. I respect guys who make any car fast, but I have to be honest, if you're going to try to make a fast car I have to wonder why you wouldn't start with one that's fast in the first place. I confess, I never understood why the craze of modding Civics started (as opposed to, say, Corollas or Sentras). They are by nature not fast cars, they're economical commuter boxes (of course there's some blurring, like the Civic SI). If any Honda had the sports car pedigree it was the Prelude and now S2000, not the Civic!

A lot of people don't like the whole "Fast and Furious" generation but I will admit I see where it's not really that different than the past. The "style" is different but the roots are the same -- taking cheap cars that are easy to work on and making them go faster. That's what happened with the hot rods of the 30s and 40s, the muscle cars of the 50s and 60s, the 5.0s and GNs of the 80's. Now it's just the compacts' turn, but it's the same deal. The cars are cheap and they're easy to mod, which causes an aftermarket to sprout up. And I'll be the first to admit that my car is not easy to work on.
Old 01-27-2003, 05:53 PM   #21
ShEaNy

nice car....i see theres a lot of domestic on this board now...good diversity....some pontiacs are mad fast man....hence the one above ^^
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 06:41 PM   #22
AJ1978TA

LOL THAT COMMENT AT THE TOP OF PAGE 2 IS HILARIOUS. Then again, other than the trans am, what really is there? But if you don't even know what one is, and all you know about is civics, this can get sad, really quick................

I mean look at this pos..........has an idling problem and everything (I think the cam is ****ed on it). Unlike the Celica, which looks fast and gets tickets standing still....... , this pontiac looks awfully slow. :(

Pos Pontiac With Idling Problem
Old 01-27-2003, 09:46 PM   #23
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by AJ1978TA
LOL THAT COMMENT AT THE TOP OF PAGE 2 IS HILARIOUS. Then again, other than the trans am, what really is there? But if you don't even know what one is, and all you know about is civics, this can get sad, really quick................

I mean look at this pos..........has an idling problem and everything (I think the cam is ****ed on it). Unlike the Celica, which looks fast and gets tickets standing still....... , this pontiac looks awfully slow. :(

Pos Pontiac With Idling Problem

Some people haven't come out of their "import shell" yet. Gotta give them time.

The GTP or GTX or whatever its called this year is pretty quick too.
Old 01-28-2003, 05:47 PM   #24
Matrix

Look out for 89 Trans Am's.
3.8L Turbocharged (GN engine)
Old 01-29-2003, 08:26 AM   #25
Hoss

Here is one of those 3.8L turbos smoking my ass you can't see it in the video but the bastard ran an 11.5, look at the thing too i thought he was gonna run a 15-16. Guy has quite the sleeper

http://www.prideintheride.com/etown/12_9.mpg
Old 01-29-2003, 01:28 PM   #26
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Didnt pontiac only put the 3.8L turbo in thier cars for for one year, because they were so much faster then the V8 models. I think thats funny..

Oh, BTW.. Nice TA Joe!
Old 01-31-2003, 05:06 PM   #27
Matrix

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
Didnt pontiac only put the 3.8L turbo in thier cars for for one year, because they were so much faster then the V8 models. I think thats funny..

Just the 1989 25th Anniversary Trans Am GTA.